OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I hate this team.

Broxton you're a %%!%!.

Jamey Carroll is also a bum.

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
George Sherrill, Jonathan Broxton, Jamey Carroll, and Reed Johnson need to all be sent to the firing squad.

reminds me of the 2003 team with guys like Dave Ross, Jolbert Cabrera, and Mike Kincade  smh
laugh.gif

at least the Doyers won though

You beast.

Dodgers losing another series
mad.gif

The worst part is that Broxton picks up the win
alien.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

lulz.

kemp hasn't looked good at the plate today.....I say he strikesout on a slider.
we all know what hes thinking about......

Rihanna Tours a Sex Shop
Originally posted May 3rd 2010 7:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

While on the European leg of her tour, Rihanna took in some of the local French culture and hit up a sex shop in Paris this weekend.

0503-rihanna-splash-1-credit.jpg

Boyfriend Matt Kemp is in for a treat.

Ely impressed me, it's unfortunate he didn't get the win.

I don't know if my sarcasm meter is broken or not, but were you serious about that Broxton comment PMAC?
laugh.gif

I know it's early, but I wish they would designate Reed Johnson for assignment, and keep Paul. 

Thinking about it more, I can't peg last nights situation on Broxton. When's the last time he was in a game? If anything it's Joe's fault for not throwing him in there in either of the games this past week we were getting stomped, and saved Troncosos arm.

There is such a thing as too much rest.

I said I wasn't going to be a Broxton apologist this year
laugh.gif

He barely surpassed 9 IP last night
smh.gif
.  He is getting no work while Troncoso's arm is falling apart, and it now looks like Torre is going to start over using Belisario.

He gave up 4 singles, a couple of them were tough knocks.

Ethier with the Grand Salami!
eek.gif

Dude is my favorite Dodger.....ice water in his veins
laugh.gif

Really though, a closer giving up 4 singles is like if Andre hit a screaming line drive right to Jim Edmonds in that situation.

Baseball is a crazy game, and there are definitely times where Broxton %%+#@ up but last night was just a case of bad luck

If you are a Dodger reliever, and you become Joe Torre's favorite, your season is over. 
laugh.gif

This team needs to get hot right now, the schedule is going to be slightly favorable the rest of this month.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Really though, a closer giving up 4 singles is like if Andre hit a screaming line drive right to Jim Edmonds in that situation.

Baseball is a crazy game, and there are definitely times where Broxton %%+#@ up but last night was just a case of bad luck

The single up the middle had me
mad.gif

Man on second, where was the defense, someone should have reached it.  I guess that's what happens when you have the great Jamey Carroll at short.

We truly take this guy for granted though, what he has done is
eek.gif
.  Sadly, yesterday was the first Ethier walk off that I didn't see live
frown.gif

Ethier has converted 25 percent of his 44 walkoff opportunities, the highest percentage in baseball since 2006 (minumum 20 opportunities), according to David Pinto of Baseball Musings.

By comparison, Pinto writes, Adrian Gonzalez of San Diego has had 59 walkoff opportunities in that time and converted two, and Florida's Hanley Ramirez is 0 for 50.

Stat of the Day notes that Ethier's 11 walkoff hits since 2008 are twice as many as anyone else in baseball. Five of Ethier's past six have been homers.
eek.gif

It would be sick to have both Kemp and Ethier on the all-star team.
It would've been sick to have Ethier, Kemp and Manny all in the All Star game.  However with Manny being injured and Kemp playing his way out of it ever since Colletti criticized him, Ethier is the only lock.

Kemp needs to get his head out of his $!# and stop pressing.  +#%! what Colletti said.

Manny still has a decent chance if he doesn't hit the DL again.

It will be sick to have our starting OF in the All Star Game, in Anaheim.  It would be better if we are above .500
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Regardless of the innings he's worked or bad luck, the dude had a 2 run lead. I would have cut him slack if it was a 1 run lead.

He's a big boy, he knows his job.

But you're right baseball is a crazy @!* game, especially for the state of the Dodgers.

Let me add a couple random tidbits:

Matt Kemp has been caught stealing 6 times, ALL OF LAST YEAR he was caught 9 times.

Broxton is 1 outta 3 in save opportunities.

Jamey Carroll is our everyday starting SS with Furcal injured.

We've had Ely outperform our front-line guys Bills & Kershaw. (Milwaukee series)

The Dodgers have only won 3 series so far in the season.

4 outta 6 of our starters have an ERA of 5+ (I'll count Kershaw at 4.99 - Ely would have been the 5th but brought it down from last nights game)

Add anymore you wish
laugh.gif

For whatever reason I'm not worried that much.

If anything is certain, it's that the best baseball is ahead of us.

There are a lot of things worth considering that suggest that when we do get it together that we could be better than last year. The first guys that come to mind are Furcal, Loney and Manny. If those 3 can be solid all year I think we can rip off a hot streak at some point to get us back to the top.

Back
Top Bottom