OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Yah, I know the deal with Furcal. It's just funny as hell to me knowing that Jamey Carroll has started 12 games in a row.

The versatility of this guy is great.

The city of Los Angeles misses Juan Cholo.

i think i might head out to petco on saturday
please dont tell me haegar is gonna pitch
sick.gif

anybody know where to get good/cheap seats?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

CL?

roll.gif
Haeger to the DL with a hurt heel.
laugh.gif

I know teams do this all the time.  I just don't understand the fascination with this kid, he's garbage.  Torre must really like him.

Then again:

Just understand this: The Dodgers can't call up right-hander John Ely, just sent down on Friday, for 10 days unless a pitcher is placed on the disabled list.
If they would've DFA'd him, they wouldn't have been able to call up Ely in time to start on Tuesday.

The Dodgers are really worried about sending him down cause he's out of options, but I mean who the hell would claim him? He's a damn journey man at 26 y/o.

But MrJ nah, they called me saying Chino State Prison is one of the most competitive correctional facilities to apply. Asked if I would relocate to the yay area, I said nahhh I'm good.

Strangely enough, I met this older filipino dude at the gym who works at Mens Central Jail in Los Angeles and told me that the Twin Towers are hiring and said to use him as a reference.

I'll see how that turns out.
smokin.gif

The more I read into it the more I think that they put Haeger on the DL to be able to call up Ely. I think he will be DFA'd when he comes back. He will clear waivers and play in The minors. If he gets claimed then good luck to "slacks".

Get off his back. BN has a wife and 7 kids that he knows about. It's hard to relocate such a populace.

laugh.gif

As much as I love the bay, I can't live there.

Got so many bills for child support though
mad.gif

So your girlfriend works at Whittier Hospital right?

Ahh, my old stomping grounds and I live 5mins away, brb.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Haeger's "hurt heel" means welcome back for Ely.

And a (crosses fingers) potential DFA to Haeger.  Torre can go to hell if he has a problem with it.
laugh.gif

[h1]Why McCourts' divorce could mean this is Joe Torre's last season with the Dodgers[/h1]
May 10, 2010 | 10:43am

If you’re Joe Torre, would you want to come back to this organization next season?

I don’t think so. Not the way things currently stand, anyway. Either as manager or front office executive.

Torre has accomplished too much and been around too long to spend his final years in baseball helping lead an organization financially hampered by owners who seem more intent on having their pillows fluffed every night than fielding a winning baseball team.

The Dodgers are in financial limbo while Frank and Jamie McCourt go through their ugly little divorce.

Torre will be 70 in July. He doesn’t need all this at this point in his career. He’s in to win. And if owners aren’t willing to supply him the necessary parts (see: Dodgers rotation), then despite previous comments, he could easily be moving on.

Now before you assume that would probably mean retirement, check out this video report from Fox baseball reporter Ken Rosenthal.

Rosenthal, previously a veteran baseball scribe for the Baltimore Sun, said unnamed friends of Torre have told him if the ownership situation with the Dodgers doesn’t improve, Torre likely won't be back. Rosenthal speculated that the Mets, Cubs or Braves could be interested in his services.

Not exactly what anyone had in mind when Torre arrived here three seasons ago.

Torre has talked of possibly managing the Dodgers one more year before moving into an unspecified front-office position with the Dodgers.

But if the team payroll is declining and the chances of capturing another championship are dwindling, why would he come back?

-- Steve Dilbeck

Originally Posted by sinser13

Gimme a new owner
This is a given, but i'm personally tired of Torre not showing emotion, which leads me to...

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I want ozzie!

This would be AWESOME, but unlike here, he has a competent GM in Kenny who does what it takes

Back
Top Bottom