Official 2010 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread A.K.A Official Lakers fans Vs Cavs fans thread Vol. U Mad?

Dudes be busting out that @*$! like it's the Big Joker..."You didn't play in the ___, so your opinion is void compared to the players."

Stop it.

A lot of these "experts" are former players and have been wrong on many occasions. A lot of these "experts" picked the Cavs to be in the Finals last year. How'd that work out for them?

Don't worry. I'll wait.

Hell...every time Shaq finds a new team, whomever the best player for them is becomes his best teammate ever. So...?

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

To my man who just said KG got shafted: He's not exactly what you could define as a 'winner.'  It took him virtually his whole career to contribute (or at least become the focally point on a team that's actually winning), and even then he had to be with two other All-Stars.

My pick goes to Kobe as being the Player of the Decade, because of his consistency from 2000-2009.  Shaq pretty much began his steady decline after the 2004 Finals loss to Detroit, and while he had a role on the Heat team that won it all in '06, some people are being delusional in thinking that he was the reason they ended up winning it all.  (Like someone else said, that reason is spelled D-W-Y-A-N-E.)

With that being said, the only other competition would be Duncan, and while he's had great success, he hasn't had all the individual moments that Kobe had, like the now-legendary 81-Point Game.

That "not a winner" label keep putting on KG is straight bull.

Kobe didn't make the playoffs when he had a bad team.  Duncan has never had a bad team.  When KG got even the slightest bit of help he made it to the Western Conference Finals and lost to a very good Laker team.  Then the team got disbanded.  He goes to Boston where he has a good amount of help and wins a chip and everybody tries to down play it cuz he didn't put up his usual numbers.  Thats cuz he didn't have to.

Dudes been an MVP, a defensive player of the year, and the leader of every team he's been on.  And he's done it for all ten years, not just the second half.
smh are you serious? he dint make the playoffs 2006 and 2007 when he had a smush kwame and walton in the starting lineup?

I guess the '05 season is too far back to remember for Lakers fans, huh?  Maybe that's why Kobe was voted the best of the decade.  And how did you guys do in those playoffs btw?  I think you pulled a ''KG-led T-Wolves one and done''.

Put either Duncan or Kobe on those Minnesota teams KG was on...guarantee they'd have been called "losers" too.

Nobody forgot 2005, YOU said "Kobe didn't make the playoffs when he had a bad team" when clearly he did, twice as a matter of fact, in 2006 and 2007. So you were wrong.

And yes TC, All-Star 2011 is going back to Hollywood
pimp.gif
. If KB plays, he's gonna definitely be gunnin' for the scoring record, especially since it's at Staples

To my man who just said KG got shafted: He's not exactly what you could define as a 'winner.'  It took him virtually his whole career to contribute (or at least become the focally point on a team that's actually winning), and even then he had to be with two other All-Stars.

My pick goes to Kobe as being the Player of the Decade, because of his consistency from 2000-2009.  Shaq pretty much began his steady decline after the 2004 Finals loss to Detroit, and while he had a role on the Heat team that won it all in '06, some people are being delusional in thinking that he was the reason they ended up winning it all.  (Like someone else said, that reason is spelled D-W-Y-A-N-E.)

With that being said, the only other competition would be Duncan, and while he's had great success, he hasn't had all the individual moments that Kobe had, like the now-legendary 81-Point Game.

Kobe didn't make the playoffs when he had a bad team.  Duncan has never had a bad team.  When KG got even the slightest bit of help he made it to the Western Conference Finals and lost to a very good Laker team.  Then the team got disbanded.  He goes to Boston where he has a good amount of help and wins a chip and everybody tries to down play it cuz he didn't put up his usual numbers.  Thats cuz he didn't have to.

Dudes been an MVP, a defensive player of the year, and the leader of every team he's been on.  And he's done it for all ten years, not just the second half.
smh are you serious? he dint make the playoffs 2006 and 2007 when he had a smush kwame and walton in the starting lineup?

I guess the '05 season is too far back to remember for Lakers fans, huh?  Maybe that's why Kobe was voted the best of the decade.  And how did you guys do in those playoffs btw?  I think you pulled a ''KG-led T-Wolves one and done''.

Put either Duncan or Kobe on those Minnesota teams KG was on...guarantee they'd have been called "losers" too.
Now you're just being ridiculous.  You're failing to mention that Kobe missed most (if not at least half) of the season with a major injury.  With him on the bench and the same people they would take into 2006 and 2007, there was no chance that team was going to make the playoffs.
smh.gif

WOW

almost a whole page of "lebron is salty"

what a joke

dont worry, he's gonna get a 2nd straight MVP this year. i think hed take that over an ASG MVP anyway

that and his first ever finals mvp in june. stick this in chesters end of the season project

Originally Posted by belle155

WOW

what a joke

dont worry, he's gonna get a 2nd straight MVP this year. i think hed take that over an ASG MVP anyway

that and his first ever finals mvp in june. stick this in chesters end of the season project
good one, you sound salty while making up stupid predictions that wont happen.

WOW

what a joke

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He was salty. Surprised he didn't walk off the court. You Cavs fans never learn though. Keep talking crazy. Hopefully this is the last year of this foolishness.

Now you're just being ridiculous.  You're failing to mention that Kobe missed most (if not at least half) of the season with a major injury.  With him on the bench and the same people they would take into 2006 and 2007, there was no chance that team was going to make the playoffs.
smh.gif

He missed 16 games. The Lakers were 6-10 without him, which isn't that much worse than their overall record of 34-48. It's okay to admit that a Kobe-led team missed the playoffs, although I know that team was trash.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

WOW

what a joke

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He was salty. Surprised he didn't walk off the court. You Cavs fans never learn though. Keep talking crazy. Hopefully this is the last year of this foolishness.

Really what makes you think he was salty?? was he supposed to be jumping up and down like a cheerleader or something?/ The dude clapped and said "Yea Wade" what else did everyone else do that made Lebron seem so salty??

Laker fans just mad cuz Kobe was out
smh.gif

smh.gif

False.  Kobe missed like 16 games that season.  And the Lakers won a decent (below .500 but still not overwhelmingly so) amount of those games.  

I may have worded my statement wrong but what I meant was when Kobe had a bad team, he didn't make the playoffs.  Not every season Kobe had a bad team he didn't make the playoffs.  My main point was that when Kobe had bad teams, he didn't do any better than KG.  

Originally Posted by JD617

smh.gif
He missed 16 games. The Lakers were 6-10 without him, which isn't that much worse than their overall record of 34-48. It's okay to admit that a Kobe-led team missed the playoffs, although I know that team was trash.
Man, I'm like 1/3 tonight.  I'm glad you called me on that.  That year was a bad year all-around... That Laker team just flat-out sucked, no buts about it.  I think that's what made Kobe go even harder when he got back to the playoffs in '06.

Edit: And to my dude from Philly, I'm starting to see more of what you were talking about, in terms of KG.  Honestly, I'm just not really sure where to put him, in terms of the more dominant players of the last decade.  I almost feel that if he didn't try so hard for his teams' sakes and got that ring with the Celtics that he could very have ended up in the same Hall of Fame conversations as Iverson.
ohwell.gif

Kobe should have won it, but Duncan is a very close 2nd. Shame dude doesn't get the credit he deserves from REAL fans of the NBA. Not just Bron' or Kobe D riders SMH

Originally Posted by JD617

smh.gif
Man, I'm like 1/3 tonight.  I'm glad you called me on that.  That year was a bad year all-around... That Laker team just flat-out sucked, no buts about it.  I think that's what made Kobe go even harder when he got back to the playoffs in '06.

Edit: And to my dude from Philly, I'm starting to see more of what you were talking about, in terms of KG.  Honestly, I'm just not really sure where to put him, in terms of the more dominant players of the last decade.  I almost feel that if he didn't try so hard for his teams' sakes and got that ring with the Celtics that he could very have ended up in the same Hall of Fame conversations as Iverson.
ohwell.gif

But see that's just it.  I think Iverson was slighted by that list also.  Iverson neeeeeeever had talent around him and he was continually in the playoffs and made a Finals run.

I think a lot of the guys we label "winners" could very easily be "losers" if they were stuck with some of the same talent.  KG had nothing.  AI had nothing.  Tim Duncan never had a bad team.  Kobe has had really good and really bad teams.  I don't think guys like KG and AI should be faulted for the poor level of talent around them.

Iverson in his prime was the greatest scorer since MJ. Hands Down .
Had Iverson had another superstar along side him, say in the post, i see him having atleast 1 ring.
Come on he led a team mainly consisting of Eric Snow, George Lynch, Aronn Mckie & Mutumbo.....Dude gets no credit for how much he willed those teams to succed..eveen if he had to jack up 30 shots a game, he won many games

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Lebron REALLY wants that MVP. He ain't involving anyone in his game.

Ol attention %+*$% type dude
yup. dude was craberific all post game

WOW

what a joke

MR. SALTY!!!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom