:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

iverson_returns_to_sixers.jpg

I'm not a fan of Iverson at all, but am I the only guy that thinks he could be a steal for a team looking to get a bargain?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm not a fan of Iverson at all, but am I the only guy that thinks he could be a steal for a team looking to get a bargain?

NYK signs Bosh, Bron, AI, resign's Tmac to vetaren minimum
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]Mayor Bloomberg joins the LeBron James recruitment chorus: You're gonna love New York![/h1]
By Kathleen Lucadamo
DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU

Originally Published:Friday, May 14th 2010, 10:00 AM
Updated: Friday, May 14th 2010, 10:00 AM

alg_bloomberg_james.jpg

Daily News
Mayor Bloomberg to Lebron James: You'll love it here on the 'world's greatest stage'!

Mayor Bloomberg has a message for soon-to-be free basketball star LeBron James: You'd love New York.

Bloomberg joined the chorus of New Yorkers trying to lure the Cleveland Cavaliers player to the Big Apple.

"I think it would be great for New York if he comes here," Bloomberg said Friday on his weekly radio show.

"If he calls me and says, what's it like to live in New York, I'll give him a big sales pitch for New York. I love living in New York. My kids love living in New York. I think Lebron James would love living in New York," Bloomberg said.

The mayor's comments come a day after Akron Mayor Don Plusquelic trashed New York in his bid to keep Ohio native James in his hometown.

"Who the hell would want to live in New York?" Plusquelic said in disgust.

Bloomberg didn't hurl any insults at Ohio but called New York "the world's greatest stage" when discussing a possible James move.

The power forward played his last game for the season Thursday with the Cavaliers losing 94-85 to the Boston Celtics.

James becomes a free agent on July 1, allowing the two-time NBA MVP to play for the team of his choice.

stay classy
laugh.gif

I don't see how the Bulls won't be a good fit for LeBron if they get a big like Bosh as well. Yeah, it might suck for Rose to go from first option to possibly third option, but if we are talking about winning championships, you definitely need at least two legit go-to-players. LeBron never got that on the Cavs. He's also arguably the best player in the game today and people are concerned that Rose's development will be hurt? Come on now... Fitting the right pieces around LeBron never worked on the Cavs, just get the best available talent and let the players adjust with a good coach. The Celtics had three former #1 options and it worked out in 2008 when they believed in Doc Rivers's system.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Mike Woodson fired by the Hawks. So that all but assures, Joe Johnson is up for grabs.

Do the Hawks have any cap room to sign a big ticket free agent?

This is some good stuff from KG....

Even though so many seasons were fruitless, ending the exact same way, Garnett stayed in Minnesota for 12 seasons, bound by a sense of loyalty to the franchise that drafted him as an unproven teenager and later signed him to a $126 million contract. In 2000, after Tom Gugliotta and Stephon Marbury had left and close friend Malik Sealy had been killed in a car accident and David Stern yanked the Timberwolves’ first-round draft picks for the salary cap-violating secret contract with Joe Smith, Garnett told me why he wasn’t demanding a trade.

“A lot of people tend to jump ship when they see things are bad,

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

dude is done

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I love Derrick Rose and think Noah is solid but in no way would that be better for LeBron than playing with someone like Bosh.
so a future superstar himself in rose and a double double guy in noah wouldnt be better then playing with bosh?

YA OK

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I don't see how the Bulls won't be a good fit for LeBron if they get a big like Bosh as well.
The Bulls don't have enough cap space to do that, do they? If they did, it would be an obvious no-brainer for both to sign with Chicago.

AIxis, your my go to for college bball but I still have to call you out
laugh.gif

Youve been on here saying D Rose WILL be the best PG in the league for a few years now... so you cant come in and say that playing with bosh would be better than playing with the BEST future PG in the league and Noah, not to mention the supporting cast of Chi town that is better than the NYK.

all in good fun, but i found i had to get my 2 cents in
laugh.gif

Lebron/Bosh/Gallinari/Chandler > Lebron/Rose/Noah (especially when you consider that when Eddy Curry's contract comes off the books in 2011 they'll be able to add yet another nice player). People are severely underestimating what Lebron and Bosh could do together. The Knicks would probably trade either Gallinari or Chandler for a nice PG too, seeing as how they don't have a first round pick. Think about it though... Lebron's decision might be all but made up right now if the Knicks had taken Jennings over Hill.

PG- Brandon Jennings
SG- Wilson Chandler/Danilo Gallinari (both out of position)
SF- Lebron James
PF- Chris Bosh
C- ?

That's a scary team right there.
“Loyalty is something that hurts you at times becauseyou can’t get back youth,

^^ Thing is Hill helped us get rid of Jeffries contract.. Which allowed us the 2nd max

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

LeBron James would base his decision on Brandon Jennings?
Not at all, but having Bosh and Jennings is far and away more attractive than Rose and Noah (at least from my perspective). Them together would be what James would base his decision on.

People saying he should go to Chicago to win or New York if he wants fame, but in that situation if he went to New York he'd have both.

Although, like YEEUP stated, Hill and Jefferies enabled the Knicks to get a second max free agent, so the whole Jennings thing can kind of go out the window unless you figure that they would have found some other separate way to get under the cap so far that they'd be able to sign two max's while still keeping their '09 first rounder. Not sure how they would do it though.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This is some good stuff from KG....

Even though so many seasons were fruitless, ending the exact same way, Garnett stayed in Minnesota for 12 seasons, bound by a sense of loyalty to the franchise that drafted him as an unproven teenager and later signed him to a $126 million contract. In 2000, after Tom Gugliotta and Stephon Marbury had left and close friend Malik Sealy had been killed in a car accident and David Stern yanked the Timberwolves’ first-round draft picks for the salary cap-violating secret contract with Joe Smith, Garnett told me why he wasn’t demanding a trade.

“A lot of people tend to jump ship when they see things are bad,

AI won't make an impact on any team in the league unless he gets a minimum of 25 shots a night.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Lebron/Bosh/Gallinari/Chandler > Lebron/Rose/Noah (especially when you consider that when Eddy Curry's contract comes off the books in 2011 they'll be able to add yet another nice player). People are severely underestimating what Lebron and Bosh could do together. The Knicks would probably trade either Gallinari or Chandler for a nice PG too, seeing as how they don't have a first round pick. Think about it though... Lebron's decision might be all but made up right now if the Knicks had taken Jennings over Hill.

PG- Brandon Jennings
SG- Wilson Chandler/Danilo Gallinari (both out of position)
SF- Lebron James
PF- Chris Bosh
C- ?

That's a scary team right there.
“Loyalty is something that hurts you at times becauseyou can’t get back youth,

Is LeBron James really limited to a box score position? It means nothing once they're on the floor.

The Knicks need to trade Gallinari to the Hornets for Darren Collison, anyway.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

But that's the thing. If LeBron signed with Chicago they'd still have some cap space to sign another free agent. And in that case why would LeBron even think about signing with New York? Not only does New York suck, their best two players (arguably Chandler and Gallinari) coincidently play the same position as LeBron. Not to mention they'd still have to fill the rest of their talentless roster with depth, which is a little hard to do considering that they trade away their draft picks like Nino Brown hands out turkeys. And plus D'antoni's coaching philosophy goes against LeBron's statement earlier in the year saying that defense is important to team success (which the Knicks don't have). Other than money, why would LeBron choose New York?

It's not like this team is only able to be played with fantasy basketball rules, where SF can only play SF, put Chandler at 2, Gallo at 3, Bron at the 4... or make Gallo play the 4 like a Rashard Lewis type.

Lebron wouldn't come to NY unless another max free agent would come too so keep that in mind, and while Chicago has space, they don't have space for 2 max FA unless they do a sign and trade or move some more pieces.  AND they'd still be forced to fill their roster with minimum salaried players (just like the Knicks) after they sign LBJ and whoever with the rest of their space, they don't have depth right now either.

Besides, with Lebron you don't even need a traditional point guard, he handles the ball most of the time anyway, you'd just need someone to play point and who could guard the 1, and Toney Douglas could handle that.

Anyway, I think this thread is for the non-Lebron free agents, but so much of free agency is based around Lebron as it is..

Back
Top Bottom