Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Hey Franchise, is Ethier available for trade? If so, for who on my team?

dland, I'm looking at your trade for Pena. I'm intrigued, but I'm going to give it some thought.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Hey Franchise, is Ethier available for trade? If so, for who on my team?

dland, I'm looking at your trade for Pena. I'm intrigued, but I'm going to give it some thought.
I'm not really sure. I'll think about it. If you think of something, feel free to propose it.

Is anybody going to the Will Clark or Kevin Mitchell signings at Lefty's?

You're loaded on first basemen with Teixeira and Fielder. I thought Pena would be attractive, but I don't think so anymore. 
ohwell.gif

You're loaded on first basemen with Teixeira and Fielder. I thought Pena would be attractive, but I don't think so anymore. 
ohwell.gif
Theres only one team you need to be shopping Pena to.  
wink.gif

We'll see. Both put up the same number of runs and RBI's. Abreu got the average over Pena, but Pena got the homeruns. I'm not too worried about upgrading average.

[h2]Zambrano weighing in: Lighten up on Sandoval[/h2]

John Shea, Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, March 11, 2010

(03-11) 04:00 PST Mesa, Ariz. --Carlos Zambrano had something to say Wednesday about his hometown buddy Pablo Sandoval and his weight issue: Let the Panda be.

"It's up to him. If he feels comfortable with that weight, it'sgood for him. If he doesn't feel comfortable and he thinks he needs tolose weight, it's good for him, too," said Zambrano, 28, the Cubs'pitcher who's from Puerto Cabello, Venezuela, as is Sandoval, 23.

"Man, there are a lot of guys who played this game who were big. MoVaughn was one of these guys. (Andres) Galarraga used to be big, no?Cecil Fielder, you know? Prince Fielder. (Sandoval) can hit. It doesn'tmatter how big you are. It's a fact to stay in the big leagues, youhave to do the job, and he's done that. You have to give him morecredit for the ability he has."

The Giants strongly encouraged Sandoval to shed pounds, putting himthrough a rigid diet-and-exercise program (Operation Panda) beginningin the offseason. They said he reported to spring training at 262pounds, 12 more than what the goal for the season is believed to be.

Whatever the weight, Sandoval looked mighty fine Wednesday, hittinga grand slam off Zambrano in the Giants' 5-1 Cactus league victory.This was especially memorable because their relationship goes back towhen Sandoval was 7, according to Zambrano, and they recently made afriendly wager: Sandoval wanted to hit a home run off Zambrano, whowanted to strike him out.

Winner, Sandoval.

Zambrano said he'll worry more about results "when it counts. WhenI used to face Barry Bonds, you know how many home runs he hit off me?One, in spring training."

Sandoval was asked what he'd tell Zambrano next time they see eachother. "I'm not going to tell him nothing," said Sandoval, obviouslyrespecting his elders. But one day, Sandoval added, he can look back onthis and tell Zambrano, "Gotcha."

Zambrano said he first spotted Sandoval in a youth league. Whenattending games of the son of a friend, Julio Figueroa, he noticed anot-so-tiny kid smacking the ball around the field. It was Sandoval.Later, Sandoval played on a team sponsored by PDVSA, a petroleumcompany.

"You should've seen him at 13, 12, 11 years old," Zambrano said."You can see the talent in a young kid when they're growing up. He'sgoing to be good, man. He'll be one of the best hitters in the NationalLeague, and he proved it last year."

Likewise, Zambrano is one of the league's top pitchers. One of the biggest, too. He's listed at 6-foot-5 and 270.

"The city where I live," Sandoval said, "they create big guys."

Briefly: Jonathan Sanchez, who struck out fivebatters and walked none in three scoreless innings, was most pumpedabout picking off Ryan Theriot. Runners stole 24 bases on Sanchez'swatch last year, most in the league, and he has a better move to first,with help from pitching coach Dave Righetti. "You like it, huh?" asmiling Sanchez told a reporter who asked about the pickoff. ...Pitcher Joe Martinez was to have a precautionary MRI exam because ofsoreness in his right elbow area.

[h1]Giants slugger Sandoval content with his size[/h1]
By JANIE McCAULEY, AP Baseball Writer Mar 12, 3:15 pm EST

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP)—Pablo Sandoval(notes) sure is taking a lot of flak for hisweight struggles these days. Not that it’s obvious talking to him. He seemscompletely unfazed and focused on his performance on the field.

No matter the number on the scale—he prefers not to share his weight—SanFrancisco’s free-swinging slugger insists he is strong, agile on defense andmoving well when running the bases.

That showed Thursday when he sprinted out a double against Seattle. So,what’s the big deal about how big he is?

“I feel great. I feel everything has gone well and I feel the speed isthere and the movement,

Because you have huge question marks in the outfield and it would benefit both parties involved.

Oh. I thought you were saying that because of what game I bought tickets to.
laugh.gif

Well, I feel a lot more comfortable with Pena than Abreu. Like I said before, Pena solidifies my homeruns, puts up about the same number of runs and RBIs. Abreu helps my stolen bases and average, but with the addition of Abreu, I still wouldn't win in average or stolen bases with my current team. Also, outfield is always a deep position, so there's always quality sitting out there.

Not worried at all and no regrets rejecting it.

I thought dland was talking about the tickets, too.

I was like "Damn, I have tickets to that game, too. What's wrong with that game?"
laugh.gif

Oh. I thought you were saying that because of what game I bought tickets to.
laugh.gif

Well, I feel a lot more comfortable with Pena than Abreu. Like I said before, Pena solidifies my homeruns, puts up about the same number of runs and RBIs. Abreu helps my stolen bases and average, but with the addition of Abreu, I still wouldn't win in average or stolen bases with my current team. Also, outfield is always a deep position, so there's always quality sitting out there.

Not worried at all and no regrets rejecting it.
To be honest, 1B is also a deep position.
laugh.gif

-Alex Rodriguez
-Bobby Abreu

-Brian Wilson

Accepting offers.*

*dland24 reserves the right to publicly blast you in the Giants season thread if the offer merits public humiliation.  

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Lincecum got rocked today... again. Anyone worried?

nope its spring training. hes prolly working on another pitch

He is.  But clearly he should scrap it.

Back
Top Bottom