Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Sandoval
mad.gif

Bumgarner did not pitch bad at all he had a rough first two innings but he really settled down and shut down the Red Sox. Giving up only 5 hits through 7 innings against this offense is good. Too bad we couldn't provide him any run support
smh.gif

By Cash Kruth / MLB.com

06/26/10 7:33 PM ET
Giants send Martinez to Triple-A Fresno
Worth noting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Madison Bumgarner's first start of the season, against Boston on Saturday, will likely be the first of many.
Manager Bruce Bochy said Saturday will not be "a one-start thing" for Bumgarner, the team's first-round pick in the 2007 First-Year Player Draft.
"He's getting his opportunity right now, and hopefully he's there for a long time," Bochy said. "He's been waiting for this, and he's excited to be here."
This is the second Major League stint for the 20-year-old left-hander. Last season, as a September callup, Bumgarner appeared in four games, including one start, posting a 1.80 ERA in 10 innings.
In 14 games at Triple-A Fresno this season, Bumgarner was 7-1 with a 3.16 ERA. He also threw 110 pitches in one start.
Bochy, who said that Bumgarner wouldn't be constricted by a pitch count, was impressed with the left-hander last September and seemed optimistic he could stick around the big club for a while.
"Some things they can't control -- roster moves, things like that -- but what they can control is their performance out there, so he's getting his opportunity, and he's our guy," he said. "It's not going to be a one-shot deal. He'll get his starts."
Giants send Martinez to Triple-A Fresno
SAN FRANCISCO -- To make room on the roster for top pitching prospect Madison Bumgarner, the Giants sent right-hander Joe Martinez to Triple-A Fresno on Saturday.
Manager Bruce Bochy made it clear prior to San Francisco's game against Boston on Saturday that the move had nothing to do with how Martinez performed but was a reflection of the tough situation Martinez was put in.
After Martinez made a spot start on June 15 against Baltimore -- a 6 1/3-inning outing in which he pitched better than the numbers indicated -- his turn in the rotation was skipped because of two off-days. On Wednesday, Martinez worked an inning in relief, but after two days of heavy bullpen use in Houston, he was on bullpen alert on Friday and warmed up in the third inning.
Bochy said that once Martinez warmed up on Friday, it was all but certain he wouldn't start the following day.
"It's nothing Joe did or anything, it's the way we used him," Bochy said. "To throw him [on Saturday] would have been throwing him to the wolves, and that wouldn't be fair to him."
Worth noting
Manager Bruce Bochy said that Brian Wilson and Santiago Casilla would both be available on Saturday against Boston despite their workload on Friday. On Friday, Casilla threw 37 pitches in 1 2/3 innings, and Wilson threw 42 pitches in 1 1/3 innings. Bochy said on Saturday that one of the reasons he brought in Wilson in the eighth was because he didn't want Casilla's pitch count to get too high. ... Freddy Sanchez received a regular day off on Saturday. Juan Uribe moved to second, with Edgar Renteria getting the start at shortstop. ... Travis Ishikawa's sixth-inning pinch hit raised his pinch-hit average to .533 (8-for-15), the highest in the Majors. ... Infielder Emmanuel Burriss (left foot) was reinstated from the 60-day disabled list on Friday. Burriss has been playing at Triple-A Fresno and entered Saturday hitting .303 with one stolen base in 10 games.
Cash Kruth is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

I've hated Cameron since I left that bum on my fantasy bench in like 2002 when he hit 3 HRs in a game....then when I played him went 0-34

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I've hated Cameron since I left that bum on my fantasy bench in like 2002 when he hit 3 HRs in a game....then when I played him went 0-34
Eff the Biedrins pics, I might have to switch it to Mike Cameron pics in your next bday post.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously, that guy can rot...and didn't he claim he couldn't see for @#% either (may have been a while ago...) like !%% are you doing then? No wonder he struck out a bunch.

I'll be at Wednesday's game for sure. I was going to try to make either Mondays or tuesdays too

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Lester Bos
7790.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]8-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.03[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.86[/td] [/tr][tr][td]102[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]113[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]39[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.15[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.21[/td][/tr][/table]
Responding to Henry Schulman's San Francisco Chronicle piece about the Giants' need for bullpen help, Olney identifies two roadblocks. According to general managers, the relief market is "very, very thin." On top of that, a group of GMs polled by Olney named Brian Sabean as the most difficult GM to trade with.
smh.gif

Where/what is Darby Dan's?

Watering hole?

If so, I'm always looking for another spot to hit up before a game besides the typical -

Paragon with the in-laws
21st Amendment w. wifey

Went to Ironside over there too, which is pretty good...didn't go before a game though.

Good pitching match up today, wanted to go to the game but wifey had a long-$%! photoshoot yesterday so we're just chillen.

Back
Top Bottom