Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by chris82790

Great Start for Timmy and the Giants!
pimp.gif

definately gotta go to a few games this season
last season i was doing security for the team i had a great time
pimp.gif

Just starting watching the game on DVR. Looking at the box score, Rowand is terrible, but we already knew that. He will makes us all very angry this year. Dude is about to enter my Benitez/Tyler Walker territory.
laugh.gif

Franchise, I was able to get Cepeda, Cain, Buster x3, Zito, B-Wilson, Renteria, F. Sanchez, J. Sanchez, Huff, DeRosa, Tim x2 w/ The Franchise insc.
pimp.gif
, Bowker, & Uribe. Willie Mays was there, but did not sign due to a recent surgery. Willie McCovey was not there.

I'm just watching the game now on demand and I was wondering something. Are there a ton of Giants fans at the game? It sounds like a ton of cheering when we score.

Originally Posted by MzD650

I'm just watching the game now on demand and I was wondering something. Are there a ton of Giants fans at the game? It sounds like a ton of cheering when we score.

theres usually pockets of Giants fans at a lot of other cities stadiums

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Red, if you want Lincecum to win a 3rd straight Cy Young, stay away from a Lincecum sig.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Keep on doing your thing, FRANCHISE!
r2iwko.gif

Anyways, good win tonight. I got home from work around the 8th inning. Saw Romo do his little celebration and then his SMH when he realized it was only 2 down.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Franchise, I was able to get Cepeda, Cain, Buster x3, Zito, B-Wilson, Renteria, F. Sanchez, J. Sanchez, Huff, DeRosa, Tim x2 w/ The Franchise insc.
pimp.gif
, Bowker, & Uribe. Willie Mays was there, but did not sign due to a recent surgery. Willie McCovey was not there.
I definitely need to hit this up next year.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

pimp.gif
I definitely need to hit this up next year.

You should totally go. Cain was at our other table.  If I get to go again, I'm definitely getting there early.  I only got Nate and Cain's autographs, but that's fine.  Both on authentic baseballs.

Sig check
nerd.gif

[h1]GIANTS[/h1] [h2]Zito says he has worked up an appetite to succeed[/h2]
Henry Schulman, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

(04-06) 04:00 PDT Houston --

Can this be the year that Barry Zito finally puts it all together, starting tonight? He believes so. In a stark confession that his mind has not been in the right place all the time, he explained why he thinks he will be better.

"I've just really made some good adjustments in my game," he said. "I've got an appetite right now for success. For whatever reason, I've had to build that appetite back up. I think they say a lion can't really hunt on a full stomach. I want to prove a lot of things this year."

Zito had to rebuild an appetite for success? When told that fans might cringe when they read that, he said, "For me, it's obvious the business side of the game got a little too involved in my game, and now I'm boiling it back down to simply just baseball. I never stopped working. I know it can be misinterpreted. You see how I go about my business. But it became about a little more than just getting hitters out."

Namely, it was his $126 million contract.

Zito did seem more serious this spring and said he has changed his lifestyle.

"I've pulled back. I'm not out there hanging out a lot. I'm doing stuff that really fulfills me on a deep level, which is all about me and baseball. I do my music in my downtime. I'm not out there being social a whole lot and doing all kinds of extra activities. It's about proving to myself what I have to prove."

E-mail Henry Schulman at [email protected].

There's a lot of weight on his shoulders this year, especially since he put together a good 2nd half campaign last year...

But really though...gunning for that next contract, eh Zito?
laugh.gif

Today's pitching match-ups.

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]W. Rodríguez Hou
7552.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-0[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]-[/td][/tr][/table]

I'm going to miss a good portion of the game because I'm playing basketball with some friends.

Anyone want to play pick-up games?
nerd.gif

MLB At Bat is definitely worth the $15 or however much it is. You can listen to the home or away radio feed for every game, as well as video for select games. Awesome when you can't watch every game.

Back
Top Bottom