Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

I know its really early but I'm really hoping we can make a big trade before the deadline for someone.

Torres over Nate/Bowker because we were facing a lefty.

Posey should be in the big leagues by July becaues by then he wouldnt lose a year of arbitration. (or something along those lines).

[h1]Giants update: Tim Lincecum again makes pitch on value of Bengie Molina[/h1]
By Andrew Baggarly

[email protected]

Posted: 04/06/2010 07:15:56 PM PDT

Updated: 04/06/2010 10:50:57 PM PDT

Lincecum makes pitch again on value of Molina

HOUSTON — Catcher Buster Posey's time in the major leagues will come, and Tim Lincecum will be excited to welcome him.

But don't try telling Lincecum that Bengie Molina shouldn't be back as the starting catcher. The two-time Cy Young Award winner credited Molina for keeping him relaxed and sharp in Monday's season-opening victory.

"If people don't understand what Bengie means to this team, I don't think I could explain it to them," Lincecum said. "Bengie is all heart. It's a privilege for me. He makes everything easier to handle.

"Every time I gave up a hit, he told me where the pitch was. Having that communication is huge. It just gives you more confidence to know you're on the same page. He's relaxed, so I'm relaxed. There's a feeling like, `We're in this. We're the battery. Let's go.' "

Lincecum shrugged off those who would criticize Molina's low on-base percentage or his lack of speed.

"They'll always look for the !#++! in your armor," he said. "That's just the way it is."
[*] Pablo Sandoval hasn't ditched his corrective lenses. He said he's able to wear contacts here in Houston, where the air is moist and mostly still. Sandoval plans to break out the goggles for the home opener Friday, although he's still testing different ones.[*] Outfielder Fred Lewis (sore rib cage) will begin a minor league rehab assignment Thursday

when Triple-A Fresno begins its season at Reno. The Giants can activate Lewis as early as Sunday, but position players can remain on rehab assignment for up to 20 games, and Bochy hinted Lewis would have a lengthy stay there.[*] Kevin Pucetas was selected to start the opener for Fresno. Top prospect Madison Bumgarner will make his Triple-A debut on Friday, to be followed in the rotation by Eric Hacker and Joe Martinez
Promising right-hander Henry Sosa, who didn't allow a run in 112/3 impressive innings this spring, will be developed as a reliever at Fresno.
[*] There were few other surprises Tuesday when minor league rosters were announced. The outfield trio of Thomas Neal, Roger Kieschnick and Darren Ford will be reunited at Double-A Richmond, to be joined by shortstop prospect Brandon Crawford.

"That ship has sailed."

Can I just say that I had high hopes for Brandon Crawford but dude can't done @%$# thus far AND his girlfriend is meh.

Originally Posted by What up

"That ship has sailed."

Can I just say that I had high hopes for Brandon Crawford but dude can't done @%$# thus far AND his girlfriend is meh.
From the games I watched in San Jose last year, I think Roger Kieschnick is the player to watch out for.

Another thing, Renteria has shown promise in these first two games. Hopefully his struggles last year were really due to his injuries. Hope he puts up career averages this year.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Another thing, Renteria has shown promise in these first two games. Hopefully his struggles last year were really due to his injuries. Hope he puts up career averages this year.

I agree. He's swinging the bat nicely these first two games.

laugh.gif

Today's pitching match-up.

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Myers Hou
6864.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-0[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]-[/td][/tr][/table]

Would absolutely love a sweep....Cain can do it, if he gets some damn run support. Myers can go beat his wife or something.

Either way, we've taken the series, and that's what I want to see on the road.

Go Rowand!

I'm worried about this team and untimely double plays.....It's like A.J. Pierzynski all over again.

Back
Top Bottom