Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

DeRosa with 2Run RBI
pimp.gif

Just got back from that monsoon weather at AT&T. Official attendance there was 38,062 but I'm guessing no more than 15,000 weathered (pun intended) the rain delay. Things I learned at witnessed:

- Giants STILL need to learn how to work the count.
- During the national anthem Panda was standing by himself at CF, I had a premonition he was gonna have a huge game after that.
- Unlike last year this team can come from behind to win games.
- Molina would've had 2 HRs if the wind hadn't held up.
- Speaking of wind we might have seen 2 splash hits today if not for crazy wind.
- It was a surreal moment how hard it started pouring right before Affeldt's last pitch.

I'm psyched for this Pittsburgh series seeing how Arizona put up a 13 spot on them today in one inning.

Anyone know where i can get the Giants Thermal Base jacket for the low
nerd.gif
not trying to pay 130

[h1]Former Giants outfielder Benard admits steroid use[/h1] By JANIE McCAULEY, AP Baseball Writer 51 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO (AP)—Former San Francisco Giants outfielder Marvin Benardadmitted he used steroids during the team’s 2002 World Series season to dealwith a nagging knee injury.

Benard acknowledged his steroid use to The Associated Press on Sunday, whenhe was in the Bay Area for a reunion of the Giants’ 2000 NL West champion team.He said he was coping with his troublesome, surgically repaired left knee at thetime and thought steroids would help him stay on the field.

“Yes, I did,

It all worked out. I got to finish watching The Masters and then watched the Giants and Warriors games. Great sports day.

Glad to see they took the ATL series. Wasn't sure how they'd play waiting around for so long.

Double-plays are going to really come back and hurt this team, but I'm glad we could score runs after being down early. Some recently past Giant teams wouldn't even muster 2-3 runs yesterday.

Hopefully Zito can pitch well again, which I think he will @ home against the Pirates.

Anyone know what's up with Bumgarner?  Is he projected to come back up this year?  The drop in velocity is a little concerning.

[h1]Rich Aurilia Retires[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [April 11, 2010 at 5:48pm CST]

Rich Aurilia officially retired, according to MLB.com's Chris Haft. Aurilia says he misses playing, but told Haft it's time for a "different phase" of his life.

Aurilia had hoped to play again this year with the Yankees or Mets. Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reported earlier in the year that Aurilia had a broadcasting deal in place in case he couldn't find a big league job.

The 38-year-old signed a minor league deal worth $1MM with the Giants last year and went on to hit .213/.256/.279 in 133 plate appearances. That's far from the .275/.328/.433 line Aurilia posted over the course of a 15-year career that began on the Giants in 1995, alongside Dave Burba, Deion Sanders and Rod Beck

Aurilia hit 186 home runs, made an All Star team and won the 2001 Sliver Slugger when he hit 37 homers as the Giants' shortstop. Aurilia made about $32MM in his career, according to Baseball-Reference.

Me and my brother saw Eli Whiteside at Quiznos at 280 Metro Mall today.

I would've said "Hi", I didn't want to bother him since he was with his family.

"NOT MY RITCHIE!"

Great giant, should have never been signed last year.
And Marvin on steroids?
laugh.gif
...too bad steroids dont help your player IQ....my man used to make singles into doubles, and doubles into triples....and I aint talking about when he was at bat
indifferent.gif

Great series win vs. a good team. Hopefully we keep the momentum going tonight

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Me and my brother saw Eli Whiteside at Quiznos at 280 Metro Mall today.

I would've said "Hi", I didn't want to bother him since he was with his family.
Eli Whiteside!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom