Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Rowand joining in on the fun.
pimp.gif

Haven't posted in here too much lately, but all I have to say is Andres Torres should not be starting. He is a bench guy that comes in during late game situations as dland mentioned.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/04/2011-contract-issues-san-francisco-giants.html[/h1]
[h1]2011 Contract Issues: San Francisco Giants[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [April 15 at 8:14am CST]

The Giants face one contract option after the season.  Shortstop Edgar Renteria has a $10.5MM club option with a $500K buyout.  Even with a bounceback year, the Giants figure to decline.  The Giants could re-sign Renteria at a lower price, or look at other free agents.

Plenty of the team's patchwork free agent signings will be eligible again: Bengie Molina, Juan Uribe, Aubrey Huff, Todd Wellemeyer, and Guillermo Mota.  The group is earning $12.5MM in 2010. 

Increases to players under contract total about $10MM, for Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, and Brian WilsonJonathan Sanchez is the key arbitration-eligible player; it'll be his second time.

The Giants increased payroll by almost $14MM this year.  They'd have $8-9MM to play with holding payroll steady, so maybe a smaller increase is in order for 2011.

[h2]Lewis to Toronto seems imminent[/h2]
Fred Lewis is not in the lineup for Triple-A Fresno in Las Vegas tonight, and I think I know why.

I am getting strong indications from multiple sources that the Giants are working to complete a deal that would send Lewis to Toronto. What the team will receive in return is unclear.

It makes sense. The Jays are very short on outfielders. They got a good first-hand look at a hot Lewis the last three nights as he played against their Triple-A team in Las Vegas. Et cetera.

If anyone needs a change of scenery, it's Lewis. He has not been happy here for a long time, asked for a trade last year and does not believe he will get a fair shot anymore under manager Bruce Bochy, despite how he played last year.

Lewis' speed would play well on the turf in Toronto and, who knows? Maybe he'll see the ball better in the outfield there?

I have no idea when the deal will be announced. Perhaps there are physicals involved.

If this goes down, props to Andy Baggarly of the Merc for first mentioning Toronto as a possible destination earlier this week.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/detail?blogid=22&entry_id=61423#ixzz0lDuOGNUP

Fedemption
frown.gif

As a representative from the Dodgers...

We will miss Fred Lewis' work as an undercover employee of our organization. His over running of fly balls, missed catches, giving us extra runs and 4th outs over the years, his service was appreciated
smokin.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

We will miss Fred Lewis' work as an undercover employee of our organization. His over running of fly balls, missed catches, giving us extra runs and 4th outs over the years, his service was appreciated
smokin.gif

roll.gif
Schmidt was awesome in his own right. Once a Giant, always a Giant.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

smokin.gif

roll.gif
Schmidt was awesome in his own right. Once a Giant, always a Giant.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i was gonna say that til you beat me to it 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom