Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

and of course, if u find the link...i got you
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I know it happened in the top of the 3rd when Clowe was in the booth with Kruk/Kuip.

It's funny to me how baseball players get thirsty running around the bases.

I'm all too familiar with this bit. I wasn't born yesterday. The Giants surprise everyone in the universe to win an improbable game.

Only to get shut down by a dude who can't touch 80 mph the very next night.

How Whiteside hit a HR and a double off Halladay I will never know.

With that being said HUGE victory but too bad Wellesucker is pitching tomorrow
smh.gif

Just got home from the game......WOW. Cant believe we touched up Halladay like that.

And just for my boy 715.......the Giants are 3-0 in games I have attended this year.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

this will be Wellemeyers last chance to stay out of the minors

I hope so but i have a feeling management would still go with "its still early BS" and give him one more chance after tomorrows start.

I get home and found out my boy bet against the Giants (he's a giants fan) 

953 San Diego Padres/Florida Marlins Over 8 -120* WIN

957 Pittsburgh Pirates/Milwaukee Brewers Over 8½ -115* WIN

961 Arizona Diamondbacks -110* WIN

967 Detroit Tigers/Texas Rangers Over 9½ -115* WIN

972 Los Angeles Angels -180* WIN

963 Philadelphia Phillies -156* LOSS

he bet: $36.86 to win: $1,114.22

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Moyer Phi
3932.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Wellemeyer SF
7136.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]8.16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.28[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.88[/td][/tr][/table]

Probably won't even play today if the rain continues.

The rest of the series is essentially in jeopardy. I adhere to the same skepticism as 715, and unfortunately, it's not like we have Timmy going against Moyer.

My report on PNC Park:

1) We went on Earth Day - and were somewhat surprised at how many walk up's they got. We were in line at the electronic ticket machine for 10-15 minutes. I expected to walk right up. It was the last game of the Brewer series at like 12:15 or whatever.

2) Free stuff is always appreciated, so thank you Waste Management for my green Pirates hat I will now wear while golfing unless with Bastitch.

3) The park is pretty big, walking around the outside, it definitely takes up more space than I think Pac Bell does, maybe because of the way it's situated. The outside stone is a nice touch, though I prefer the brick of Pac Bell.

4) Affordable pricing - we bought like $9 seats in the upper. 2 tickets for $24 w/ their "fee", fine.

5) The upper is accessible by way of escalators or ramp. The concourses are well laid out and spacious to allow for either. We did the escalators because we're lazy. We walked to the game from our hotel over the Clemente Bridge (which was closed to traffic, a nice touch).

6) We actually sat in our seats, I think it was section 308...basically first base line facing their enormous scoreboard. I'd actually sit in these seats again. By looking around, it honestly looks like there's no bad seat in the house.

7) We tested this theory by sitting in 4 different sections. The seats have a good amount of space so you don't feel like you're crammed or right on top of anyone.

glasses.gif
Food wasn't terribly priced, maybe high for the area. Local craft bear $7.50 I think? 2 hotdogs ran $9.50.

9) Ate right behind home plate, where they have random tables set up. Pretty cool.

10) From there, we wondered along a wide open section along the third baseline in the outfield. Still a good view of everthing and no real obstruction (like when at the club level at Pac Bell underneath the retired Jackie Robinson and other numbers where you face home plate...you cannot see parts of center and right field).

11) There's ton of standing room, which is awesome. Don't like sitting all game? You can stand in other parts of the park, comfortably and catch all the action.

12) Sat in the left field bleachers, not bad at all.

13) Wondered to the top level in the outfield, by the scoreboard. Doesn't feel like you're too far away either.

14) You can buy broken bats of Pirates and/or opponents in their team store. Priced from $50 to $500.

15) We randomly sat in a section of chairs in the outfield, I think right center field. Basically between Ryan Church in RF and I think Milridge (CF)? Fans were pretty funny. Mind you it was 18-0 at this time.

16) We were finally told that "we needed a ticket to sit in this section", to which my wife was like "but we HAVE a ticket...". We just left at that point. It was 18-0 and I think the 8th.

Overall, a great park, really. I'm still partial to Pac Bell for more reasons than local biases (prices aside). I think I have some pics from my iPhone, I'll see what I got and put them up.

[h1]Giants Could Call Posey Up Sooner Than Expected[/h1]
Apr 27, 2010 3:17 PM EST

The Giants would like to keep Buster Posey in the minor leagues until June to ensure an extra year of arbitration eligibility, but the San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that the organization has discussed bringing the catcher up earlier.

One team official said that a call-up isn't imminent, but the Giants are keeping tabs on Posey as their offense continues to sputter.

Posey is currently catching and playing first base at Triple-A Fresno.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Posey is currently catching and playing first base at Triple-A Fresno.

This brings up an interesting point that I read on the giants MB....with the on going weight issues panda has (and really, who knows if he will ever slim down), would you guys be against moving him to catcher and having posey at 1b?
Panda did a more than serviceable job behind the plate, and IMO, he seemed more comfortable than he does now at 3b....or even have him at 1st and posey behind the plate?

It's *@!$$%% frustrating to see our lineup, and because of the ineptitude of bochy and sabean, we still have no idea what we have on our team...Velez, whiteside, and torres have no right to even be called up to majors, but they get play....Bowker is already being jerked around, and might possibly get sent back to fresno once rowand
sick.gif
gets off the DL. He's well on his way to becoming another up and comer giants tragedy
frown.gif

Posey is rotting in fresno.

I just HATE the double standard that this organization has with the team.
If you're renteria or rowand or any of the other lame !!$, over the hill vet, it's perfectly fine for them to struggle and be unproductive." Oh, their swing is coming around....their making contact but the hits arent falling....their a 2nd half player....their streaky, and on the verge of breaking out"....rightttttttttttttt
But when the likes of Bowker struggle, their "not ready for the majors....could use more time in fresno...not sure where they fit in with the team".
mad.gif

You guys do realize if it wasnt for the fact that panda was hot from the start and never let up, he'd be in the same predicament as every seemingly position player this team has had over the last 5 or so years?

$#@$%*$ Wellemeyer......if you werent an idiot and were paying attention, we would be winning right now.

Back
Top Bottom