Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Yuku sucks.

Can't leave as many men on base as we did.

These losses are the one's that absolutely kill me.

Nasty Nate
pimp.gif

I hope they have a greyhound tix ready for Velez
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Velez sucks period!

Bochy is an idiot

Lincecum gives up 4 base runners total we get 17 hits and we lose

Originally Posted by jayfive10

I'm not even a Bochy hater but this one was just ridiculous. 

he simply lacks the knowledge to manage close games. PERIOD. I dont care what ANYONE says.
He manages to push ALL of the wrong buttons.
$$%* HIM

Philly is a good team and they know how to win those close games but u guys still took two out of three from them so thank u.

Tuff loss but I'm not going to get too down we just finished talking 2/3 from the Cards and the Phills. Yes good teams close out games like this but we fell a little short. Never would I have thought coming into the homestand would we have a chance to win 7/9 games on the homestand. It probally won't happen just I'll be pleased with 6. Look at the quality of pitching and lineups we have faced so far.

As far as Bochy We had one of the best bullpens in baseball so find someone else to blame. I think He would have left Timmy in if he hadn't have thrown four straight balls.
Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Timmy is piss. Same old Wilson from last year.

indifferent.gif

Yep same old Wilson that almost saved 40 games last year.

Velez
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

EZLN1 wrote:

yeah...Velez has NO right to be up in the bigs....send him back to fresno, NOW!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I'm sure they would think about it If there was any thought Bowker was the guy. Too bad they dont think that and hes given them no reason to so Velez stays. Tripple A numbers can only take you so far its taken Bowker a while to figure it out.

Originally Posted by LB510

Tuff loss but I'm not going to get too down we just finished talking 2/3 from the Cards and the Phills. Yes good teams close out games like this but we fell a little short. Never would I have thought coming into the homestand would we have a chance to win 7/9 games on the homestand. It probally won't happen just I'll be pleased with 6. Look at the quality of pitching and lineups we have faced so far.

As far as Bochy We had one of the best bullpens in baseball so find someone else to blame. I think He would have left Timmy in if he hadn't have thrown four straight balls.
Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Timmy is piss. Same old Wilson from last year.

indifferent.gif

Yep same old Wilson that almost saved 40 games last year.

Velez
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

EZLN1 wrote:

yeah...Velez has NO right to be up in the bigs....send him back to fresno, NOW!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I'm sure they would think about it If there was any thought Bowker was the guy. Too bad they dont think that and hes given them no reason to so Velez stays. Tripple A numbers can only take you so far its taken Bowker a while to figure it out.

sometimes when you speak, I feel you channel some inner sabean spirt

1. This was Timmy's game to lose. If you were worried about him tiring and his pitch count, they would have yanked him out and put in Wilson from the get go. Timmy was dealing yet again, and if there ever was a pitcher deserving to make his bed and lie in it, it's him. This isnt Zito or $$*+#+$ Wellmeyer we're talking about, this is a back to back cy young pitcher. The absolute worse thing that could have happened by leaving him to face 1 more batter is a score of 4-3, and even then, you get your wish for Wilson to get 2 outs, with clean bases nonetheless.

2. this organization has shown time to time, that it has no competency when dealing with kids from fresno. In the case of Bowker, you cannot designate him an opening day starter, and proceed to jerk him around because of "pitching matchups. Velez is and has always been garbage. When in the last 2 years has he ever looked like a player who could play day in and day out? There's NOTHING in his game that would make you believe that. NOTHING. The least he could be decent at is getting infield hits, but he's not even good enough for that. At least Bowker has upside, and it is not surprising he is struggling knowing well that if he doesnt go 5-5, he will be riding the bench. I have no idea why it's completely acceptable for Velez or any of the other lame $++ vets we have to be unproductive, but Bowker has to show his worth in a handful of games.
Again, I'm not saying Bowker is the reincarnation of Bonds, but when you have no set starters aside from Rowand
sick.gif
in the outfield, put him out there until he proves to you that he is their mlb ready, or destined to ride the buses in AAA.

I said it yesterday....if it wasnt for the fact that sandoval was hot from the start and never let up, he would be in the EXACT same position as every position player has been in for the last 5 years. This organization is the death of position players

I've found that in these situations, it's best to listen to 2pac songs. His anger makes me less angry for some reason.

i don't go here but that was one messed up game. lost huge on the Giants -1.5 runline, which was looking golden until that dumb Bocy decided to take out Timmy.

/rant

Im watching Chronicle Live right now.....and watching Pap, this random chick, and Damon talk about todays game is pissing me off even more than I was earlier today. There is no rational reason as to why Timmy was taken out. Period. End of story.

Please tell me why the effing Chronicle Live poll has 23% of people saying Bochy made the right decision......are you FREAKIN KIDDING ME??? I guess we really do have some ******ed fans after all.

This is something Bochy does I guess I have learned to except it. Oh and by the I'm not part of that 23% who voted
laugh.gif

9/10 Wilson gets the job done.

Let me channel my inner Sabean spirt and lets veiw the bigger  picture

7/9

^ They're all just idiots then. There was absolutely no reason Lincecum should have been taken out. If he took him out before the inning it would have made more sense. But after he allows his first walk and had already gotten one out? C'mon. He wasn't even at 100 pitches, it was his first freaking walk, and he wasn't endangering the lead with that walk. Oh yeah, he was also tearing apart that Phillies offense.

I will put some blame on that horrible offense though. 17 hits compared to Phillies' eight and you still lose six to seven? I mean, really?

If this loss means Velez will never wear a Giants uniform again, then it was worth it.

...but it won't. Please get rid of this bum when Rowand comes back.

Back
Top Bottom