Official 2011-12 Houston Rockets Season Thread: Dejection, and it feelsbadman.

Yooo that Scola dunk attempt was
roll.gif
roll.gif
Even if Cousins wasn't in the way, I don't know if he would have made it
laugh.gif

4-0 on our road trip 
pimp.gif

Can Memphis lose
mad.gif
, they did the same s_ last year when the Rockets were behind them.  I want that 5th spot. 

With the loss the other night...
indifferent.gif
...I think we all know how important this game is, along with Denver vs LA, and Memphis vs Utah/Suns vs Spurs tomorrow.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Another blunder last night. Not sure why McHale kept a small line-up in the 2nd half while we were being abused on the boards
30t6p3b.gif

The rest of our schedule:

[table][tr][td]Denver Nuggets vs.
Houston Rockets
[/td][td]Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Pepsi Center
Denver, Colorado[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Houston Rockets vs.
Denver Nuggets
[/td][td]Monday, April 16, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Toyota Center - TX
Houston, Texas[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dallas Mavericks vs.
Houston Rockets
[/td][td]Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 7:30 PM
American Airlines Center
Dallas, Texas[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]New Orleans Hornets vs.
Houston Rockets
[/td][td]Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM
New Orleans Arena
New Orleans, Louisiana[/td][td]
Golden State Warriors
[/td][td]Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Toyota Center - TX
Houston, Texas[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Miami Heat vs.
Houston Rockets
[/td][td]Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 6:00 PM
American Airlines Arena
Miami, Florida[/td][td]
New Orleans Hornets
[/td][td]Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Toyota Center - TX
Houston, Texas[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

........uhhh...&@*# it. Don't even have a thing to say after 2 straight games like that.

Next 2 vs. Denver is huge for you guys.. I'm actually pulling for you to get the 7 seed, because I think whether it be the Grizz, Mavs, Rockets playing the Spurs they all have a toss-up shot to upset.

Benefit for you guys is Suns play Spurs (2x), OKC, Clippers, Denver, Utah.. As much as I want Steve Nash in the playoffs I don't see them winning more than 2 of those games. With another win vs. Portland, but even that could be a loss.

Utah has a much easier schedule.. But if you outplay Denver you keep the 7th.

Fingers crossed for you guys' next 2 vs. Denver.

Also I have a quick question...  Has Goran ever played at the 2?  I'm curious because if he has, and does effectively, getting him more time on the court at the 2 would be beneficial with KevMart out. 

^Yeah Goran has played some two with Lowry at the point. He's much more effective at the point though. 
Anyway...

!#@% 

....ehhh....thanks for the love E1, if only. I think Goran has only played the 2 when 
Lowry and him are on the floor at the same time.

ap-201204132200792353762.jpg

Tough loss guys... Still pulling for you guys.

Don't scold me for the next part guys, it's my constant FO fascination for the next part. (None of this has to do with me wanting them on the Lakers
roll.gif
)

It's a good/bad situation Rockets are in... Both guards are great talent... Together one of the best PG duos in the league.. But one has to go (Dragic) because he needs an opportunity.. Lowry when healthy is a top 10 PG, but Dragic has that potential just never had the opportunity..

With KevMart you have a top 10 SG when healthy.. who is NEVER healthy..

Great young bench...

I really think you guys should keep Courtney Lee (as much as I want him in LA) Great defense, not as good as a scorer as KevMart but a great Sixth Man.

Dragic you have no choice on, unless you get rid of Lowry.. Which makes no sense, unless you try to get a superstar in return and then keep Dragic..

But with KevMart who is in his final year, I really think you have the opportunity to move him.. Injuries and all... He's a great talent yes. But he's a such an injury liability. You could get a few better pieces with Lowry & Scola + keeping Lee, Parsons, Budinger, Patterson, and Morris..

For example TWolves desperately need a SG, and made no secret about it... Maybe can get a Pek or a Derrick Williams or Michael Beasley.

And in this year or next year in Free Agency have 25mil to go after a new starting SG & C.. Would be
pimp.gif
team..

Originally Posted by Essential1
Pretty much agree with all of that (regardless of your hidden motive to swipe our players
laugh.gif
) I personally would like to keep both Dragic & Lowry (even if that rotation is off right now)
cause it's great that when one guy goes down, you don't have a severe dropoff, if you have one at all. Definitely want to see Lee back, and it's probably a forgone conclusion that Kevin

Martin will be gone. I'm looking forward to see what moves will be made for next year. Though I'm still pulling for the playoffs right now, if we don't make it, it would be a huge failure 

based on the expectations we started to have, and I think more moves would be made than originally planned. 

No Marcus Camby tonight?
Spoiler [+]
kevin-martin.jpg
No Problem

Spoiler [+]
1.jpg

That 22 in a row team was so much fun man. 

Tonight, it's win or get another sorry %+% pick.

Probably the most disappointed over been with the Rockets in a long time.

Tanking these last few games or chasing the playoffs at this point does them no good for the future. They're in a real tough spot going forward.

there's a chance we can still win our last 4 remaining games and have a chance, well that's if Miami decides to rest its players (hopefully they will).

So frustrated with our team.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer? WHY DO WE NOT PUT DALEMBERT IN WHEN WE ARE GETTING KILLED IN THE INSIDE.... like in the last Denver game. Camby was injured, Dalembert had an awesome first half with like 5 blocks, BUT HE SITS OUT ALMOST THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF!! And our paint is then protected by Patrick Patterson and co..... Am I missing something? Did Dalembert get hurt or something? McHale has done this on multiple occasions, and I don't comprehend the strategy whatsoever.

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

So frustrated with our team.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer? WHY DO WE NOT PUT DALEMBERT IN WHEN WE ARE GETTING KILLED IN THE INSIDE.... like in the last Denver game. Camby was injured, Dalembert had an awesome first half with like 5 blocks, BUT HE SITS OUT ALMOST THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF!! And our paint is then protected by Patrick Patterson and co..... Am I missing something? Did Dalembert get hurt or something? McHale has done this on multiple occasions, and I don't comprehend the strategy whatsoever.

McHale reasoned that Sam didn't match up well with the small lineup Denver was using for most of the second half.  As soon as Camby came Sam has seen his minutes dwindle, maybe McHale simply lacks faith in him. I don't know why.

Originally Posted by airpirate545

I'm tired of mediocity
tired.gif
Clear out the front office. Every year, it's "Playoff push" this and "Playoff push" that. Not once do the guys in the front office, when speaking publicly, talk about winning championships, and it trickles down to the players. The city continuously supports the team, as do I, but I cannot stand the front office.

We need a high draft pick in the worst way. I'm tired of picking 14th every year or whatever the bottom number is in the lottery

Back
Top Bottom