Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

I'm slowly starting to like our two-headed monster approach with our bigs.

If you look at it in terms of combining their numbers....

In 41 minutes, 14 points, 12 rebounds, about 1.5 blocks, over 50 FG%, and 5 FT attempts per game.

We can't really ask for much more from them, can we?

From wishful thinking, would you guys rather us sign Dwight or D-Will to the team? Who do you guys think will be better for us?

Dwight Howard.

Deron Williams without Dirk I'm not to thrilled with.

But then again, Deron hasn't had the pieces we've had the past few years.

I really hope we can figure out a way where we can keep Marion and possibly JET too.

Ideally, in the future, at the end of games, if we had Deron, JET, Marion, Dirk, and Dwight out there?

Phew.

That's a big hangup that a lot of people aren't talking about. They say we can get Deron and Dwight somehow, but, that leaves Jason Terry in the dust unless he signs for vets minimum.

Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn, if we actually ended up getting both of them.
eek.gif

I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I just want at least one of them. And word. JT and Marion are very important to keep.

I still don't think it's happening.

We'll end up with Steve Nash.
laugh.gif

Anyone pick up that Special Edition DVD set?

I'm thinking of ordering it soon.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I still don't think it's happening.

We'll end up with Steve Nash.
laugh.gif

Anyone pick up that Special Edition DVD set?

I'm thinking of ordering it soon.
Until its on Blu-ray no dice.

For the early game tomorrow, West and Dirk look like a go, with Kidd doubtful. Who do you start out of VC, Beaubois, and West?

I want to start VC tomorrow just because whoever is guarding Leonard tomorrow has to be big enough to stay in front of him. Beaubois or West isn't that guy.

I kind of want to see West/VC start, with Odom/Beaubois/Terry coming off together eventually so we got Beaubois, Terry, Marion, Odom, and Ian.

We'll see, but I swear if I see Bonner open on more than one three I might bang my head till it bleeds tomorrow. The dummy can shoot, keep him within arms length.

Jason Kidd (calf) will not play on Sunday, and coach Rick Carlisle said that he could be out a week, but "probably longer."
Kidd strained his right calf on Friday, and the Mavericks aren't going to rush him back. Both Roddy Beaubois and Delonte West (who is active on Sunday) will get a boost in minutes during Kidd's absence.

Looks like we ain't ever going to get this core together.
laugh.gif

Rotation tonight...

Beaubois, West.
VC, JET
Marion, Lamar
Dirk, Yi
Haywood, Ian.

Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PEZ

I think we end up with Deron, not Dwight
I'll take this all day...
D Will is the best all around PG in the game, he single handily beat the 76ers the other night in PHI. Dude makes everybody around him 10x better.

If you woulda told me that Dirk had four shot attempts going into the fourth I might have cried.

But damn we're playing well. Busting @+@ on defense and crashing the boards, and penetrating when our shots aren't going.

What do they expect now tho? They didn't give Dirk the ball most of the game and now they feed it to him like he's supposed to save them. Even if you rplaying great you gotta give Dirk touches so that he stays in rhythm.

Back
Top Bottom