Official 2011 Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread. VOL: 2011 NBA Champions, Welcome Rudy Fernandez!

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

SMH

More Roddy under the knife again
30t6p3b.gif
Now the Rudy pick up makes alot more sense.

And it seems like JJ isn't as expendable as we all thought.

Should've packed Roddy away while we could've.

Oh well, we'll see how his rehab and FA goes.

And it seems like JJ isn't as expendable as we all thought.

Should've packed Roddy away while we could've.

Oh well, we'll see how his rehab and FA goes.

Originally Posted by JPZx

In every single interview or video of Dirk since the Finals, Dirk has a big *$!! eating grin on his face.
Deservedly so. The guy pulled off something absolutely amazing.
Even in good times he would always be kinda lowkey almost somber but every since the Finals dude has the
happy.gif
on at all times.

Its good to see dude finally be happy, like you see the joy in his face.

Originally Posted by JPZx

In every single interview or video of Dirk since the Finals, Dirk has a big *$!! eating grin on his face.
Deservedly so. The guy pulled off something absolutely amazing.
Even in good times he would always be kinda lowkey almost somber but every since the Finals dude has the
happy.gif
on at all times.

Its good to see dude finally be happy, like you see the joy in his face.

It's a huge monkey off his back.

pimp.gif

I'm going to start downloading some of the older games from this past season just to relive it all again.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I'm going to start downloading some of the older games from this past season just to relive it all again.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

pimp.gif

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
If you haven't ordered it yet its only 13.99 from Amazon. I put together the Championship pack minus the towel on Amazon for 56.97 shipped.

I did have to cop this thought:
Dallas-Mavericks-New-Era-Champions-Cap.jpg

35.99 bucks plus shipping and handling ended up being 40 bucks which is the most I have ever paid for a fitted but I had to have it. I should have copped two.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

pimp.gif

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
If you haven't ordered it yet its only 13.99 from Amazon. I put together the Championship pack minus the towel on Amazon for 56.97 shipped.

I did have to cop this thought:
Dallas-Mavericks-New-Era-Champions-Cap.jpg

35.99 bucks plus shipping and handling ended up being 40 bucks which is the most I have ever paid for a fitted but I had to have it. I should have copped two.
30t6p3b.gif

The team shouldn't exercise the option on Roddy's contract for 2012. Just let him prove if he's worth it if there is a season next year and see what happens. I don't want them to hold onto him any longer just based on potential. I don't see him ever becoming a good PG because his ball-handling sucks and he doesn't have a very good first step off-the-dribble. He's got no shake in his game, similar to a LeBron, and most of the time he ends up taking that pull-up jumper. That's the difference between him and Barea. Barea has a great burst, especially when coming off the pick and roll so he can penetrate with ease whenever he wants...it's just a matter of him being able to finish or pass the ball out among the big guys inside. After all these setbacks, I just don't think Roddy can be more than a 6th/7th man bench scorer

The team shouldn't exercise the option on Roddy's contract for 2012. Just let him prove if he's worth it if there is a season next year and see what happens. I don't want them to hold onto him any longer just based on potential. I don't see him ever becoming a good PG because his ball-handling sucks and he doesn't have a very good first step off-the-dribble. He's got no shake in his game, similar to a LeBron, and most of the time he ends up taking that pull-up jumper. That's the difference between him and Barea. Barea has a great burst, especially when coming off the pick and roll so he can penetrate with ease whenever he wants...it's just a matter of him being able to finish or pass the ball out among the big guys inside. After all these setbacks, I just don't think Roddy can be more than a 6th/7th man bench scorer

Stevie I think you're way off there my dude. What will letting him go do for us? If he goes somewhere else and turns into a stud, what does that say about our management? It's not like he's eating up a ton of salary.

Plus, next year, if JJ doesn't come back, the PG rotation will be Kidd and JET. THAT'S IT. Roddy isn't a great PG, but hell, at least give Kidd a break a few minutes. No, he'll never be a good PG, but he can try to be JET. Just give Kidd a few plays off, that's what we really need. JJ was never really a GREAT passer, but he made plays, he created space, and he dumped the ball off when he needed to. He wasn't really doing that five years ago. We didn't give up on JJ, but we finally gave him a shot, let him grow, even when he wasn't showing signs, and he's one of the reasons we won.

If he ends up being just a shooter, than that's it, he's just a shooter, but we have time with the kid. He's cheap, I see no reason to get rid of him. How long have we seen Barea getting to the cup like this? He'd get to the hole a few times, but not like he did last year. I sat and watched Beaubois drop 40 live and maybe that's why I'm biased, and it was against the trash GS defense, but there's no way in hell I just let Beaubois walk after one season of injuries.

How high were you on Beaubois going into this past year? I assume high like everyone else, but he was never really healthy. If he never gets healthy, we won't re-sign him for a lot, if at all, but we have to at least let him play out his rookie contract. Letting him go would be the same as letting Joe Alexander go. Roddy is a whole hell of a lot more than Alexander.

SP, I impulse bought the goddamn set through NBA.com the minute that Championship set was available, was over 100 shipped...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What fitted?
nerd.gif
The picture didn't show.

Stevie I think you're way off there my dude. What will letting him go do for us? If he goes somewhere else and turns into a stud, what does that say about our management? It's not like he's eating up a ton of salary.

Plus, next year, if JJ doesn't come back, the PG rotation will be Kidd and JET. THAT'S IT. Roddy isn't a great PG, but hell, at least give Kidd a break a few minutes. No, he'll never be a good PG, but he can try to be JET. Just give Kidd a few plays off, that's what we really need. JJ was never really a GREAT passer, but he made plays, he created space, and he dumped the ball off when he needed to. He wasn't really doing that five years ago. We didn't give up on JJ, but we finally gave him a shot, let him grow, even when he wasn't showing signs, and he's one of the reasons we won.

If he ends up being just a shooter, than that's it, he's just a shooter, but we have time with the kid. He's cheap, I see no reason to get rid of him. How long have we seen Barea getting to the cup like this? He'd get to the hole a few times, but not like he did last year. I sat and watched Beaubois drop 40 live and maybe that's why I'm biased, and it was against the trash GS defense, but there's no way in hell I just let Beaubois walk after one season of injuries.

How high were you on Beaubois going into this past year? I assume high like everyone else, but he was never really healthy. If he never gets healthy, we won't re-sign him for a lot, if at all, but we have to at least let him play out his rookie contract. Letting him go would be the same as letting Joe Alexander go. Roddy is a whole hell of a lot more than Alexander.

SP, I impulse bought the goddamn set through NBA.com the minute that Championship set was available, was over 100 shipped...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What fitted?
nerd.gif
The picture didn't show.

I found it interesting that we acquired Petteri Koponen's rights though. I always saw dude in my 2k8 roster, and I was like who is this funny looking dude? From what I've seen, he has quite the ability to pass the ball. If worse comes to worse, bring him in, see what he can do in training camp, if not, stash him away.

Him and Calathes, I'd like to at least see if we could get anything out of them. Dominque Jones hopefully has a nice summer too.

Do we still own the rights to Shan Foster?
nerd.gif

I found it interesting that we acquired Petteri Koponen's rights though. I always saw dude in my 2k8 roster, and I was like who is this funny looking dude? From what I've seen, he has quite the ability to pass the ball. If worse comes to worse, bring him in, see what he can do in training camp, if not, stash him away.

Him and Calathes, I'd like to at least see if we could get anything out of them. Dominque Jones hopefully has a nice summer too.

Do we still own the rights to Shan Foster?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Yeah man you talking crazy. Roddy was a monster of pick and rolls his rookie year.

And I love JJ but JJ developed over this year. The JJ we saw in the playoffs is not the JJ we had for last three years.

You don't give up on young point guards.

JA this one:
new-era-dallas-mavericks-tp_134699273825196195b.png

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Yeah man you talking crazy. Roddy was a monster of pick and rolls his rookie year.

And I love JJ but JJ developed over this year. The JJ we saw in the playoffs is not the JJ we had for last three years.

You don't give up on young point guards.

JA this one:
new-era-dallas-mavericks-tp_134699273825196195b.png

I don't see him ever cracking the rotation to where he gets meaningful minutes. He's got too many hurdles to jump. First he's gotta recover from his injury and make sure that it doesn't set him back again. Then he's gotta find some time to continue to develop and the only way he'll get to do that is by getting game action, which he won't be getting with France or summer league this year. It's not like he's an established veteran that just needs to heal like Butler. Roddy is still very raw and needs as much playing time as he can get to develop but I don't know where that playing time will come, especially if they re-sign Barea. He won't be ahead of Terry and Rudy on the depth chart at SG either.

And if Barea leaves, there's just no way Roddy is ready for backup PG minutes next season without a full offseason of training as a PG, which is now hindered because of his surgery. Even if he can be a bench scorer, there's still no point in having two undersized SGs with him and Terry. Terry will retire a Maverick and I don't see his game declining much over the next 2-3 years considering how durable and well-conditioned he is for his age. The only way Roddy has a chance to be a part of this team's future is if he develops into a PG and I just don't see it happening. Breaking his foot last summer really changed everything for him. He would have gotten a lot of work with France during FIBA and then jumped into training camp/preseason where Carlisle was ready to give him minutes. Instead, he was put on the shelf, his development put on hold, and then when we thought he was ready to come back in November, he reinjured it again.

SP, teams started defending Roddy on the drive this season, making him take more jumpers and that's where it got messy for him on offense. During his rookie year, he surprised a lot of teams and was just playing freely but now that defenses learned to key in on him and pack the lane, he wasn't getting in there as easily. Barea just fits better for this offense with his overall play in the half-court offense. He's small but it actually works in his favor because he can fit through tight spaces like no one else on the roster can, especially if we stretch the floor with shooters like we had this year. Of course I don't think we should overpay him but he is a huge part of this offense and I wouldn't want to just let him walk and put it all on Roddy. If we get Deron in 2012, I could care less about either of them though
laugh.gif

I don't see him ever cracking the rotation to where he gets meaningful minutes. He's got too many hurdles to jump. First he's gotta recover from his injury and make sure that it doesn't set him back again. Then he's gotta find some time to continue to develop and the only way he'll get to do that is by getting game action, which he won't be getting with France or summer league this year. It's not like he's an established veteran that just needs to heal like Butler. Roddy is still very raw and needs as much playing time as he can get to develop but I don't know where that playing time will come, especially if they re-sign Barea. He won't be ahead of Terry and Rudy on the depth chart at SG either.

And if Barea leaves, there's just no way Roddy is ready for backup PG minutes next season without a full offseason of training as a PG, which is now hindered because of his surgery. Even if he can be a bench scorer, there's still no point in having two undersized SGs with him and Terry. Terry will retire a Maverick and I don't see his game declining much over the next 2-3 years considering how durable and well-conditioned he is for his age. The only way Roddy has a chance to be a part of this team's future is if he develops into a PG and I just don't see it happening. Breaking his foot last summer really changed everything for him. He would have gotten a lot of work with France during FIBA and then jumped into training camp/preseason where Carlisle was ready to give him minutes. Instead, he was put on the shelf, his development put on hold, and then when we thought he was ready to come back in November, he reinjured it again.

SP, teams started defending Roddy on the drive this season, making him take more jumpers and that's where it got messy for him on offense. During his rookie year, he surprised a lot of teams and was just playing freely but now that defenses learned to key in on him and pack the lane, he wasn't getting in there as easily. Barea just fits better for this offense with his overall play in the half-court offense. He's small but it actually works in his favor because he can fit through tight spaces like no one else on the roster can, especially if we stretch the floor with shooters like we had this year. Of course I don't think we should overpay him but he is a huge part of this offense and I wouldn't want to just let him walk and put it all on Roddy. If we get Deron in 2012, I could care less about either of them though
laugh.gif

I was considering it. I just don't like NBA fitteds. The stitching just doesn't quite look right to me. I'll probably regret not getting it though.

I was considering it. I just don't like NBA fitteds. The stitching just doesn't quite look right to me. I'll probably regret not getting it though.

There's no way I even say that it's the same Roddy we saw in his Rookie season. You could tell he was never healthy. He never had the spring in his legs. 

There's no way I even say that it's the same Roddy we saw in his Rookie season. You could tell he was never healthy. He never had the spring in his legs. 

Back
Top Bottom