Official 2011 Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread. VOL: 2011 NBA Champions, Welcome Rudy Fernandez!

I think it means more for the plans with Barea than it does Stevenson...

We all know the Mavs like to play a little small at times... Does this allow them to steal more minutes for Dirk in the regular season? You can go Kidd/Terry, Rudy, Stevenson, Marion, Chandler pretty frequently I think and field a really solid defensive lineup that won't kill you offensively either. I think that's a big thing to consider right there. You force feed Barea's minutes to Roddy and see if he can get it done. I still think there might be a PG addition somewhere down the line...

Rudy can shoot the basketball from deep. Is he elite? No. Is he really solid? Yeah, he is. He's not a great defender, but he's a solid one. He can create a little bit offensively and he passes well, too. He's really good around the rim and I think with the way the Mavs spread the floor and create space he's going to be a guy that can get an awful lot around the rim roaming the baseline... There are things he does well that I think really fit this team's offensive style.

I prefer this gamble over Jordan Hamilton's chucking !%% or any of the weak bigs that were available... There might've been a couple of guys I liked at with that pick, but it wasn't many and I don't know if any of them are better than what Rudy Fernandez flashed his first two years in the league.

if rudy doesn't start, i don't want to hear him crying about not getting enough minutes like he did in portland & say he's going back to play in spain
laugh.gif

if rudy doesn't start, i don't want to hear him crying about not getting enough minutes like he did in portland & say he's going back to play in spain
laugh.gif

Rudy will play good for us he had a whack role in Portland n wasn't used right RC will have him shooting lights out I like this for us we finally get a sg we lacked

Rudy will play good for us he had a whack role in Portland n wasn't used right RC will have him shooting lights out I like this for us we finally get a sg we lacked

Originally Posted by NobleKane

rudy replacing caron?

i think so.

major upgrade from stevenson and butler.

You think Rudy is a upgrade over Caron and Stevenson?

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I really liked the steal of Hamilton, I felt like he fit better on our team than Rudy.

This.
Its not like he would have been on the team this year anyways. Would have been stuck in the d-league.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

rudy replacing caron?

i think so.

major upgrade from stevenson and butler.

You think Rudy is a upgrade over Caron and Stevenson?

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I really liked the steal of Hamilton, I felt like he fit better on our team than Rudy.

This.
Its not like he would have been on the team this year anyways. Would have been stuck in the d-league.

Kind of agree with what Nowitness said now that I sit back and think.

Listening to some analysis from Coop, they kind of said this frees the way for Caron to get re-signed, how, I don't know.

But, I can live with this if this is our squad for next year.

Kidd/Beaubois
Caron/JET/Rudy
Marion/Stevenson
Dirk/Custodian/Peja
Chandler/Wood

Rudy may make Peja expendable, which I'm not so sure is a good idea. Peja was deadly against the Lakers, and I don't think Rudy could replicate that on any given night like Peja could. The Lakers didn't expose him too much on defense while he killed them from the perimeter.

This is definitely JJ Barea insurance. We have a lot of minutes to hand out though, with way too many bodies.

Kind of agree with what Nowitness said now that I sit back and think.

Listening to some analysis from Coop, they kind of said this frees the way for Caron to get re-signed, how, I don't know.

But, I can live with this if this is our squad for next year.

Kidd/Beaubois
Caron/JET/Rudy
Marion/Stevenson
Dirk/Custodian/Peja
Chandler/Wood

Rudy may make Peja expendable, which I'm not so sure is a good idea. Peja was deadly against the Lakers, and I don't think Rudy could replicate that on any given night like Peja could. The Lakers didn't expose him too much on defense while he killed them from the perimeter.

This is definitely JJ Barea insurance. We have a lot of minutes to hand out though, with way too many bodies.

To all of the Rudy doubters: don't just look at his averages and box score stats. He was never used right in Portland, and he was unhappy.

He's very athletic, great in transition, creates for others, and handles the ball well. His rebound rate is above average for his position, as well. Carlisle will definitely get the most out of him.

I can't wait to see some oops from Rudy to Tyson off the pick next season - it's going to be a thing of beauty.
pimp.gif

To all of the Rudy doubters: don't just look at his averages and box score stats. He was never used right in Portland, and he was unhappy.

He's very athletic, great in transition, creates for others, and handles the ball well. His rebound rate is above average for his position, as well. Carlisle will definitely get the most out of him.

I can't wait to see some oops from Rudy to Tyson off the pick next season - it's going to be a thing of beauty.
pimp.gif

If we lose Barea, which I dont think we will, Mavs are in trouble. No backup for Kidd, and dont say Roddy B. Dude is over hyped.

If we lose Barea, which I dont think we will, Mavs are in trouble. No backup for Kidd, and dont say Roddy B. Dude is over hyped.

I thought you thought Rudy wasn't any good, Chester?
nerd.gif

I know you weren't happy with his performance in POR, but I kind of thought you felt like he wasn't any good at all.

I think it's universally accepted that he wasn't used correctly in Portland, and hopefully with Kidd, he'll work something out.

And not just oops from Rudy to Tyson, but oops from Kidd to Rudy.
pimp.gif

I thought you thought Rudy wasn't any good, Chester?
nerd.gif

I know you weren't happy with his performance in POR, but I kind of thought you felt like he wasn't any good at all.

I think it's universally accepted that he wasn't used correctly in Portland, and hopefully with Kidd, he'll work something out.

And not just oops from Rudy to Tyson, but oops from Kidd to Rudy.
pimp.gif

I had Rudy in a damn avatar
laugh.gif
You know damn well I like him.

The thing I didn't like was the fact that he only showed up when he wanted to in Portland. At the same point and time, I can understand why he felt that way: he was expecting to get a ton of burn heading into last season... but Wes pretty much took his spot and ran with it. After that happened, you never knew which Rudy would show up. It got to the point that he was frustrating to watch - so inconsistent, so lackadaisical, I dunno man... he just wasn't "there."

Rookie-season-Rudy is one of my favorite Blazers of all time. If he can get motivated, and get back to that form... 
pimp.gif

I had Rudy in a damn avatar
laugh.gif
You know damn well I like him.

The thing I didn't like was the fact that he only showed up when he wanted to in Portland. At the same point and time, I can understand why he felt that way: he was expecting to get a ton of burn heading into last season... but Wes pretty much took his spot and ran with it. After that happened, you never knew which Rudy would show up. It got to the point that he was frustrating to watch - so inconsistent, so lackadaisical, I dunno man... he just wasn't "there."

Rookie-season-Rudy is one of my favorite Blazers of all time. If he can get motivated, and get back to that form... 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I've wondered if they wouldn't bring in a more natural PG to play behind Kidd next year...

Barea isn't much less turnover prone than Roddy and it's not like he's anything better than a league-average shooter... If Roddy is incapable of doing what Barea does, we need to just let him go and not waste a roster spot.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I've wondered if they wouldn't bring in a more natural PG to play behind Kidd next year...

Barea isn't much less turnover prone than Roddy and it's not like he's anything better than a league-average shooter... If Roddy is incapable of doing what Barea does, we need to just let him go and not waste a roster spot.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

pimp.gif

YUP i agree. i think he will flourish in dallas which sucks because it makes dallas that much more dangerous.

and caron is gone unless he wants to take a severe pay cut. dallas dont need him. they won a title without him and garbage $+% peja, cardinal, and stevenson in his place. plus like dude said somewhere in this thread he is a ball stopper.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

pimp.gif

YUP i agree. i think he will flourish in dallas which sucks because it makes dallas that much more dangerous.

and caron is gone unless he wants to take a severe pay cut. dallas dont need him. they won a title without him and garbage $+% peja, cardinal, and stevenson in his place. plus like dude said somewhere in this thread he is a ball stopper.

Coming off an injury and being 31 now, I don't think he'll get nearly the amount of cash he did. Honestly? 6-7 million a year. I could be way off, but I think that's what he'll get. He won't get anywhere near 13 million or anything wild like that.

I'd be VERY happy to have a line-up of...

Kidd, Rudy (or Roddy), Caron, Dirk, Chandler

With Marion and JET coming off the bench together (They were deadly when coming off the bench together earlier in the year), and then Haywood and hopefully Stevenson, Barea back. That's a deep team.

The reason I have hope for Rudy is he's only 26, and it's not like he has a ton of heavy NBA minutes on his back. Overseas basketball isn't nearly as demanding on the body as an NBA season is, so he's still fresh, he's still athletic.

Coming off an injury and being 31 now, I don't think he'll get nearly the amount of cash he did. Honestly? 6-7 million a year. I could be way off, but I think that's what he'll get. He won't get anywhere near 13 million or anything wild like that.

I'd be VERY happy to have a line-up of...

Kidd, Rudy (or Roddy), Caron, Dirk, Chandler

With Marion and JET coming off the bench together (They were deadly when coming off the bench together earlier in the year), and then Haywood and hopefully Stevenson, Barea back. That's a deep team.

The reason I have hope for Rudy is he's only 26, and it's not like he has a ton of heavy NBA minutes on his back. Overseas basketball isn't nearly as demanding on the body as an NBA season is, so he's still fresh, he's still athletic.

Back
Top Bottom