OFFICIAL 2011 NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND THREAD: FEB. 18-21 2011

^@23ska909red02 u makin it way too difficult for yourself sir. Just say it the ESPN way, Kobe DUNK OVER LeBrick. period. done.

That's how it's gonna go down in the history of ASG. 2011 ASG will always be remembered as Kobe winning the MVP at EASE and him dunking over LeBrick and schooling all the East players. haha

^@23ska909red02 u makin it way too difficult for yourself sir. Just say it the ESPN way, Kobe DUNK OVER LeBrick. period. done.

That's how it's gonna go down in the history of ASG. 2011 ASG will always be remembered as Kobe winning the MVP at EASE and him dunking over LeBrick and schooling all the East players. haha

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Rolaholic:
The hate from both sides is strong in this thread
You're one of the main ones adding to the hate in the thread, though!!
laugh.gif
Rolaholic:
CoolDee:
Just one of those good purple nights. Kobe, winning the MVP, schooling Lebron & D Wade or whoever and doing everything AT EASE. Not even worth an argument. Kobe making it look so easy makes these Lebron stans go and commit suicide. haha, feel bad for Lebron tho' such a loser
Your Kobe scrotum riding and troll posts are getting played out real fast...
JUST SAYIN'.
wink.gif

I haven't hated on anyone once in this thread though....Not on a player or a user.
Please show me otherwise if I'm wrong. I'd like to think that I've been pretty neutral this whole time. 

And how is me saying that there's some hate coming from both sides a troll post?? I'm not the certain "cool" user constantly saying something about a certain player just to get a reaction from a bunch of people.

I've just stated my own opinion on this whole "dunkgate" argument and have respected others opinions. Nothing wrong there right? 
wink.gif

Rolaholic:
The hate from both sides is strong in this thread
You're one of the main ones adding to the hate in the thread, though!!
laugh.gif
Rolaholic:
CoolDee:
Just one of those good purple nights. Kobe, winning the MVP, schooling Lebron & D Wade or whoever and doing everything AT EASE. Not even worth an argument. Kobe making it look so easy makes these Lebron stans go and commit suicide. haha, feel bad for Lebron tho' such a loser
Your Kobe scrotum riding and troll posts are getting played out real fast...
JUST SAYIN'.
wink.gif

I haven't hated on anyone once in this thread though....Not on a player or a user.
Please show me otherwise if I'm wrong. I'd like to think that I've been pretty neutral this whole time. 

And how is me saying that there's some hate coming from both sides a troll post?? I'm not the certain "cool" user constantly saying something about a certain player just to get a reaction from a bunch of people.

I've just stated my own opinion on this whole "dunkgate" argument and have respected others opinions. Nothing wrong there right? 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CoolDee

Nah, Bro. That's how you and other over-the-top Kobe fans will remember it. Most normal people won't put it in those terms.

Originally Posted by CoolDee

Nah, Bro. That's how you and other over-the-top Kobe fans will remember it. Most normal people won't put it in those terms.

Rolaholic:
how is me saying that there's some hate coming from both sides a troll post??
"Damn, both sides doing alotta hating'!" is fine.

"Damn, it's alotta hating and scrotum riding in here" is not.

Is this REALLY that difficult for some of you?

Seems like we need to start cleaning house again on that kind of crap if y'all really can't see how to clean it up for yourselves and you need it explained like I'm doing in this very reply.

Rolaholic:

Seems like we need to start cleaning house again on that kind of crap if y'all really can't see how to clean it up for yourselves and you need it explained like I'm doing in this very reply.

Rolaholic:

My bad,poor choice of words on my part and I shouldn't get baited so easily. I won't point out the riding going on anymore,I'll just ignore it and let the trolls be trolls.
Can we just lock this thread up and move on with the season. Melo just got traded to the Knicks,the East bout to become a little more interesting 
pimp.gif

Rolaholic:

My bad,poor choice of words on my part and I shouldn't get baited so easily. I won't point out the riding going on anymore,I'll just ignore it and let the trolls be trolls.
Can we just lock this thread up and move on with the season. Melo just got traded to the Knicks,the East bout to become a little more interesting 
pimp.gif

lawdog1:
Most normal people won't put it in those terms.
"My opinion sides with the normal folk; yours, with the crazies."

Jesus, it really is time to start cleaning house in this forum.

Where the hell did the people go that actually know how to freaking debate their point without resorting to belittling?

By the way, common knowledge here: if your argument includes belittling the other person, you're only proving that you really don't have much support for whatever the hell you're trying to say. Because... if you had good supporting evidence and valid points, you'd... use them.

Using 'belittling' when making your point suggests that either your point is weak, or that you are.
wink.gif

lawdog1:

Where the hell did the people go that actually know how to freaking debate their point without resorting to belittling?

By the way, common knowledge here: if your argument includes belittling the other person, you're only proving that you really don't have much support for whatever the hell you're trying to say. Because... if you had good supporting evidence and valid points, you'd... use them.

Using 'belittling' when making your point suggests that either your point is weak, or that you are.
wink.gif

sladewilson:
This is getting dunked on , see how he is ON top of his�opponent�? �ON not in FRONT . ON�
I mean, if you want to make it a matter of semantics and COMPLETELY accurate word usage:

He dunked in FRONT of the defender; not ON him, but IN FRONT OF him.

ON him would mean completely ON TOP, like how you step ON stairs... not IN FRONT of stairs.

laugh.gif

So silly, the 'dunked BY', 'dunked ASIDE of', 'dunked NEAR', 'dunked CLOSE TO BUT NOT ON' arguments.
laugh.gif

And the Jordan/young Kobe video shows no meeting in the air: not the same.

I just hope y'all talk about it in real life the way you do on here, sitting there at work like 'Yooo! Did you see Kobe dunk by LeBron?!'

roll.gif

I'm not even getting back in this, though. Y'all going pages and pages in on this... and at the same time mocking members of the other side for caring too much about it.
laugh.gif

Like I said, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

But you just did get back in it though.  Kind of unfair for you to act like the rest of us are crazy and then just say you're over the whole thing.  And, no, I would never say someone got "dunked by."  Either you got dunked on or you didn't.  LeBron didn't, so there's nothing really to talk about.  And, again, I'd say the exact same thing if the roles were reversed. 

sladewilson:
This is getting dunked on , see how he is ON top of his�opponent�? �ON not in FRONT . ON�
I mean, if you want to make it a matter of semantics and COMPLETELY accurate word usage:

He dunked in FRONT of the defender; not ON him, but IN FRONT OF him.

ON him would mean completely ON TOP, like how you step ON stairs... not IN FRONT of stairs.

laugh.gif

So silly, the 'dunked BY', 'dunked ASIDE of', 'dunked NEAR', 'dunked CLOSE TO BUT NOT ON' arguments.
laugh.gif

And the Jordan/young Kobe video shows no meeting in the air: not the same.

I just hope y'all talk about it in real life the way you do on here, sitting there at work like 'Yooo! Did you see Kobe dunk by LeBron?!'

roll.gif

I'm not even getting back in this, though. Y'all going pages and pages in on this... and at the same time mocking members of the other side for caring too much about it.
laugh.gif

Like I said, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

But you just did get back in it though.  Kind of unfair for you to act like the rest of us are crazy and then just say you're over the whole thing.  And, no, I would never say someone got "dunked by."  Either you got dunked on or you didn't.  LeBron didn't, so there's nothing really to talk about.  And, again, I'd say the exact same thing if the roles were reversed. 

lawdog1:
Kind of unfair for you to act like the rest of us are crazy and then just say you're over the whole thing.
Going pages and pages, though? I've replied 7 times on the play, and I feel like that's about 4-5 too many; y'all are going pages and pages and pages... and feel ike you still need to keep going.

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.

lawdog1:
Kind of unfair for you to act like the rest of us are crazy and then just say you're over the whole thing.
Going pages and pages, though? I've replied 7 times on the play, and I feel like that's about 4-5 too many; y'all are going pages and pages and pages... and feel ike you still need to keep going.

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.

lawdog1:

wink.gif

Dude, I made my points and gave reasons supporting it.  The guy who I quoted made what I believe to be a completely unmerited, unjustifiable generalization and I called him on it.  I've seen very little logic or reasoning in his reasoning on the other side.  In 10 years on this board, I've done as little "belittling" as anyone, so I'm a little annoyed at getting called out for something that was pretty mild as far as the "debate" in the S&T forum goes.      

lawdog1:

wink.gif

Dude, I made my points and gave reasons supporting it.  The guy who I quoted made what I believe to be a completely unmerited, unjustifiable generalization and I called him on it.  I've seen very little logic or reasoning in his reasoning on the other side.  In 10 years on this board, I've done as little "belittling" as anyone, so I'm a little annoyed at getting called out for something that was pretty mild as far as the "debate" in the S&T forum goes.      

Fair enough.

My bad.

In your defense, that's the first time I've seen a post from you like that. But in my defense, your reply was one of MANY I've seen from people regarding this single play, so I just quoted you and ranted.

Again, my bad.

Back
Top Bottom