Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by im that one

I am a huge fan of Locker. He went from being the #1 pick last year to being a guaranteed bust in 1 season. Locker has all the physical tools to be great but he needs time. His inaccuracy is due to mechanical things that can be fixed and his decision making needs work. Although he is more accurate on the move. But his intangibles are very good and is the type of guy that can lead.

Mallett can deal with pressure (pass rush and late game situation) and with questionable character, can't touch him.

This draft had the potential to be very good. But so many guys going back to school positions of depth (CB and WR) are thinning out and a once in a decade type of player like Luck kills a draft.

I personally love this type of draft where there is no clear #1 pick and many positions don't have a clear #1 player, it's gonna test the scouting departments across the league. I love watching a $%@* ton of games and making a big board and mock draft. Nothing like draft time
pimp.gif
I like Locker a lot as well, and had he some kind of spec of talent on that washington offense all this Bust talk would be out of the window. All the games i saw he had less than a second to set and throw. Not gonna be very successful and will throw picks trying to do too much to win. He will pan out nicely with some hard work.

Oh i like this kind of draft because you'll get guys early you have never heard of and come out beastly. It's just a weak draft with QBs. These kinds of drafts make everything interesting as far as who you select and why.
Hopefully the dolphins dont f this one up... trade down, need to pick up more picks... just what i would do. thats off track tho.
Yea mallett just reminds me too much of huge problem and headache... im good off all that. any other position hey it works, it never has nor will work as a QB.

hahahahaha u i love doin that too. NFL fantasy time and i do it all the time on madden. I like doing that sometimes more then playing the game. doing all the FA and Drafting. Or rebuilding a team. i've always liked doing that.

hahahahaha u i love doin that too. NFL fantasy time and i do it all the time on madden. I like doing that sometimes more then playing the game. doing all the FA and Drafting. Or rebuilding a team. i've always liked doing that.

As do I, the off the field stuff has just become so intriguing to me. All that is what wins championships and all the components that go into that process is amazing.

As I've gotten older (I'm not that old) the strategy of the game has has become more intriguing to me. Watching play designs, trying to figure out defensive coverages, the chess game that goes on is crazy. I do some coaching as well and developed my own playbook that is now about 175 plays deep. (Yeah I'm that much of a nerd). Granted I can only run a small fraction of what is in there.

/random tangent

As do I, the off the field stuff has just become so intriguing to me. All that is what wins championships and all the components that go into that process is amazing.

As I've gotten older (I'm not that old) the strategy of the game has has become more intriguing to me. Watching play designs, trying to figure out defensive coverages, the chess game that goes on is crazy. I do some coaching as well and developed my own playbook that is now about 175 plays deep. (Yeah I'm that much of a nerd). Granted I can only run a small fraction of what is in there.

/random tangent

/random tangent

exactly... the chess game of it all.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yea i made two offensive playbooks. One for a flag football team and one for madden. Loved those plays. nice man.

/random tangent

exactly... the chess game of it all.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yea i made two offensive playbooks. One for a flag football team and one for madden. Loved those plays. nice man.

KingJames23 wrote:
im that one wrote:

/random tangent
Agreed.  I get all kinds of @#$% for the NFL draft. My fam and friends think I am bat @#$% crazy.   I take the week off from work, move the kitchen table into my living room as a work area, got spreadsheets, laptop, notes, books/mags, phones, printouts, pens, pencils, highlighters, a damn 2 liter of Mountain Dew and I'm set. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

KingJames23 wrote:
im that one wrote:

/random tangent
Agreed.  I get all kinds of @#$% for the NFL draft. My fam and friends think I am bat @#$% crazy.   I take the week off from work, move the kitchen table into my living room as a work area, got spreadsheets, laptop, notes, books/mags, phones, printouts, pens, pencils, highlighters, a damn 2 liter of Mountain Dew and I'm set. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Sanders Jr. knowing about Ingram is sensible because of the pecking order of backs there. Ingram leaves early means Richardson will run the show in '11. Richardson could go pro as Sanders arrives or a season after. Makes perfect sense to a guy trying to get PT at a run dominant school.

Sanders Jr. knowing about Ingram is sensible because of the pecking order of backs there. Ingram leaves early means Richardson will run the show in '11. Richardson could go pro as Sanders arrives or a season after. Makes perfect sense to a guy trying to get PT at a run dominant school.

Nah bro, it doesn't make any sense. All that was going to happen regardless. There wasn't some insiders conspiracy theory... Trent richardson was a 3 & done player since he stepped foot on campus.

If that's relevant than what about the RBs Alabama Has just got commits from this yr (dee hart) AND isiah Crowell who they are still recruiting for this class....

Sorry man. Thats just not the case

Nah bro, it doesn't make any sense. All that was going to happen regardless. There wasn't some insiders conspiracy theory... Trent richardson was a 3 & done player since he stepped foot on campus.

If that's relevant than what about the RBs Alabama Has just got commits from this yr (dee hart) AND isiah Crowell who they are still recruiting for this class....

Sorry man. Thats just not the case

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Hope the Lions can snag Brandon Harris at the 13 pick.

from the U!!...
pimp.gif

would be a good pickup for detroit.

from the U!!...
pimp.gif

would be a good pickup for detroit.

Originally Posted by CP1708

KingJames23 wrote:
im that one wrote:

/random tangent
frown.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

that's solid. respect
pimp.gif

i used to catch heat in college for skipping this annual all day party every year to stay back at the dorms and watch the draft. friends would come home trashed and id be there still in sweats on the TV and on NT. and now i plan my nightlife and skip birthday celebrations to watch the draft. it's important though, can't help it

KingJames23 wrote:
im that one wrote:

/random tangent
frown.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

that's solid. respect
pimp.gif

i used to catch heat in college for skipping this annual all day party every year to stay back at the dorms and watch the draft. friends would come home trashed and id be there still in sweats on the TV and on NT. and now i plan my nightlife and skip birthday celebrations to watch the draft. it's important though, can't help it

Can't imagine that Harris goes that high, although he is my #3 CB now (possibly 2, considering moving PP to safety but leaning toward him staying at CB). He's 27 on my big board.

Can't imagine that Harris goes that high, although he is my #3 CB now (possibly 2, considering moving PP to safety but leaning toward him staying at CB). He's 27 on my big board.

>Agreed.  I get all kinds of @#$% for the NFL draft. My fam and friends think I am bat @#$% crazy.   I take the week off from work, move the kitchen table into my living room as a work area, got spreadsheets, laptop, notes, books/mags, phones, printouts, pens, pencils, highlighters, a damn 2 liter of Mountain Dew and I'm set. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

My man

>Agreed.  I get all kinds of @#$% for the NFL draft. My fam and friends think I am bat @#$% crazy.   I take the week off from work, move the kitchen table into my living room as a work area, got spreadsheets, laptop, notes, books/mags, phones, printouts, pens, pencils, highlighters, a damn 2 liter of Mountain Dew and I'm set. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

My man

If Lions GM feels theres a significant drop off in talent between Harris and the next CB, they may have to take him at 13 if they cant find sutiable trade partners to keep them high enough to snag him.

Ppl didnt think Haden would go that high to Browns last yr.

Browns fans should be worshipping Holmgren for having the bals to snatch Haden up

If Lions GM feels theres a significant drop off in talent between Harris and the next CB, they may have to take him at 13 if they cant find sutiable trade partners to keep them high enough to snag him.

Ppl didnt think Haden would go that high to Browns last yr.

Browns fans should be worshipping Holmgren for having the bals to snatch Haden up

Back
Top Bottom