Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

probably not a well covered topic here, but anyone know any decent Fullbacks that are in the draft this year? I Think that could really help out the Patriots Run game, to get a bit more consistency
Jake Locker shouldn't be too bad. He would probably be more of an H-Back so I'm not sure if you really need him with Hernandez and Gronk there.
with the offense is passing, another guy like Locker wouldn't really fit, just a guy like Heath Evans ,when the Pats had him, used for really just blocking with the occasional reception and carry, would provide more personnel packages to run the ball instead of a extra Tight End or like Dan Connolly. 
maybe Owen Marecic out of Stanford.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

probably not a well covered topic here, but anyone know any decent Fullbacks that are in the draft this year? I Think that could really help out the Patriots Run game, to get a bit more consistency
Jake Locker shouldn't be too bad. He would probably be more of an H-Back so I'm not sure if you really need him with Hernandez and Gronk there.
with the offense is passing, another guy like Locker wouldn't really fit, just a guy like Heath Evans ,when the Pats had him, used for really just blocking with the occasional reception and carry, would provide more personnel packages to run the ball instead of a extra Tight End or like Dan Connolly. 
maybe Owen Marecic out of Stanford.

Andrew Perloff of Sports Illustrated has Blaine Gabbert going first overall?!?
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

http://sportsillustrated....aft/index.html?eref=sihp

Gabbert??.............. wow.
30t6p3b.gif
thats just a huge reach for him. 

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by im that one

30t6p3b.gif

Agreed but he's arguably the best QB in this class and that's gonna get you consideration for the #1 pick

Personally wouldn't touch any of these QBs in the top 10. I wouldn't draft Mallett at all. Andy Dalton is a very underrated prospect.

30t6p3b.gif

Agreed but he's arguably the best QB in this class and that's gonna get you consideration for the #1 pick

Personally wouldn't touch any of these QBs in the top 10. I wouldn't draft Mallett at all. Andy Dalton is a very underrated prospect.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

30t6p3b.gif

Yea I wouldn't think about touching any of them until mid to late second personally. Would never touch Mallett, recipe for disaster. I would still consider Locker if it was a team with talent around him. Not his fault washington had No body. that would be the only QB i'd consider. Not a deep draft for that position.

and like you said it will get him (Gabbert) praise, Qb driven league and so few actually win without one. This is one of the weaker drafts in recent memory.
too much "potential" and not enough polished NFL prospects. should be a very interesting draft.

30t6p3b.gif

Yea I wouldn't think about touching any of them until mid to late second personally. Would never touch Mallett, recipe for disaster. I would still consider Locker if it was a team with talent around him. Not his fault washington had No body. that would be the only QB i'd consider. Not a deep draft for that position.

and like you said it will get him (Gabbert) praise, Qb driven league and so few actually win without one. This is one of the weaker drafts in recent memory.
too much "potential" and not enough polished NFL prospects. should be a very interesting draft.

30t6p3b.gif

Andy Dalton though?? He doesn't have the arm to compete at the next level.  Same problem as Matt Leinart, they win in college but he can't make the throws needed to play at the next level.

30t6p3b.gif

Andy Dalton though?? He doesn't have the arm to compete at the next level.  Same problem as Matt Leinart, they win in college but he can't make the throws needed to play at the next level.

30t6p3b.gif

I am a huge fan of Locker. He went from being the #1 pick last year to being a guaranteed bust in 1 season. Locker has all the physical tools to be great but he needs time. His inaccuracy is due to mechanical things that can be fixed and his decision making needs work. Although he is more accurate on the move. But his intangibles are very good and is the type of guy that can lead.

Mallett can't deal with pressure (pass rush and late game situation) and with questionable character, can't touch him.

This draft had the potential to be very good. But so many guys going back to school positions of depth (CB and WR) are thinning out and a once in a decade type of player like Luck kills a draft.

I personally love this type of draft where there is no clear #1 pick and many positions don't have a clear #1 player, it's gonna test the scouting departments across the league. I love watching a #%%! ton of games and making a big board and mock draft. Nothing like draft time
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I am a huge fan of Locker. He went from being the #1 pick last year to being a guaranteed bust in 1 season. Locker has all the physical tools to be great but he needs time. His inaccuracy is due to mechanical things that can be fixed and his decision making needs work. Although he is more accurate on the move. But his intangibles are very good and is the type of guy that can lead.

Mallett can't deal with pressure (pass rush and late game situation) and with questionable character, can't touch him.

This draft had the potential to be very good. But so many guys going back to school positions of depth (CB and WR) are thinning out and a once in a decade type of player like Luck kills a draft.

I personally love this type of draft where there is no clear #1 pick and many positions don't have a clear #1 player, it's gonna test the scouting departments across the league. I love watching a #%%! ton of games and making a big board and mock draft. Nothing like draft time
pimp.gif

^^
dalton wouldnt be a bad pickup in later rounds. I do think he is a bit pennington but with the right offense i dont see how he wouldnt be successful.
he'llbe reliable. always low on the Ints and has a real good ratio. knows how to lead. can win some games. but a later rounds pick for sure.

^^
dalton wouldnt be a bad pickup in later rounds. I do think he is a bit pennington but with the right offense i dont see how he wouldnt be successful.
he'llbe reliable. always low on the Ints and has a real good ratio. knows how to lead. can win some games. but a later rounds pick for sure.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

30t6p3b.gif

Arm strength is the most overrated aspect for a QB. Once you hit a certain minimum a QB will be fine (Chad Pennington was a good starter in the league). He has adequate arm strength. He showed a lot in that Rose Bowl performance, his confidence and poise are things that just can't be taught.

Leinart was running around with great, great players and was soft. He didn't have "it". Watch the way Dalton commands his team, leads, stands in the pocket in the face of pressure, and poise in late game situations.

He is indeed underrated. People have him profiled as a very late round pick and a career back up. I believe he can start in the league. That makes him underrated to me.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

30t6p3b.gif

Arm strength is the most overrated aspect for a QB. Once you hit a certain minimum a QB will be fine (Chad Pennington was a good starter in the league). He has adequate arm strength. He showed a lot in that Rose Bowl performance, his confidence and poise are things that just can't be taught.

Leinart was running around with great, great players and was soft. He didn't have "it". Watch the way Dalton commands his team, leads, stands in the pocket in the face of pressure, and poise in late game situations.

He is indeed underrated. People have him profiled as a very late round pick and a career back up. I believe he can start in the league. That makes him underrated to me.

Mallett can deal with pressure (pass rush and late game situation) and with questionable character, can't touch him.

I personally love this type of draft where there is no clear #1 pick and many positions don't have a clear #1 player, it's gonna test the scouting departments across the league. I love watching a $%@* ton of games and making a big board and mock draft. Nothing like draft time
pimp.gif
I like Locker a lot as well, and had he some kind of spec of talent on that washington offense all this Bust talk would be out of the window. All the games i saw he had less than a second to set and throw. Not gonna be very successful and will throw picks trying to do too much to win. He will pan out nicely with some hard work.

Oh i like this kind of draft because you'll get guys early you have never heard of and come out beastly. It's just a weak draft with QBs. These kinds of drafts make everything interesting as far as who you select and why.
Hopefully the dolphins dont f this one up... trade down, need to pick up more picks... just what i would do. thats off track tho.
Yea mallett just reminds me too much of huge problem and headache... im good off all that. any other position hey it works, it never has nor will work as a QB.

hahahahaha u i love doin that too. NFL fantasy time and i do it all the time on madden. I like doing that sometimes more then playing the game. doing all the FA and Drafting. Or rebuilding a team. i've always liked doing that.

Back
Top Bottom