Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

According to Wright's mock, I honestly don't think PP and Prince will fall that far but if so those two teams will be very lucky.
Is everybody sold on Von Miller as a top 10 player/pick? I don't see much separation in quality between Miller and AA. 

KJ23, Julio hasn't shown me enough at Bama to merit a top 10 selection. He's got the skill set for sure but the production on the field didn't match the talent level for me. Only other thing I take exception to is Clayborn, dude's stock has PLUMMETED and I can't say it's undeserved. 

According to Wright's mock, I honestly don't think PP and Prince will fall that far but if so those two teams will be very lucky.
Is everybody sold on Von Miller as a top 10 player/pick? I don't see much separation in quality between Miller and AA. 

KJ23, Julio hasn't shown me enough at Bama to merit a top 10 selection. He's got the skill set for sure but the production on the field didn't match the talent level for me. Only other thing I take exception to is Clayborn, dude's stock has PLUMMETED and I can't say it's undeserved. 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

1. I am sold on Von Miller as a top 10 pick. He's best served being in a 34. His burst of the ball with his speed will cause a lot of problems. He has shown good pass rushing moves in his time at A&M. But he needs to get much stronger to be a factor in the run game. He can easily get taken out of plays. 3 is high for him but around 10. After Quinn, he's the best pass rusher on the board.

2. 78/1133/7 is a pretty good year for that offense. 1/3 of the completions in that offense went to him. But WR production is overrated to me for the most part. It's dependent on so many different factors that the WR can't control. Julio is a guy whose game is more suited for the NFL. He has terrific height, good strength, shows the ability to go attack the ball, good route runner, running the full route tree.

3. Clayborn no doubt had a disappointing year but those things that everyone loved about him are still there. Part of that is due to the attention that he got and part of it was the expectations everyone had for him coming off his junior year (the bar was set so high, this year seems so much worse). He would get double teamed, chipped on by a RB quite consistently. It's not the sole reason why he had a down year but it certainly doesn't help. He's not gonna be a great pass rusher. He uses his hands extremely well and shows the ability to shed blocks very well. A 34 team should really look at him, he could be a Darnell Dockett type player.

I didn't want to put Clayborn at 10 but I need to look at Aldon more, don't like any of the QBs that much, Ingram no, the tackles in this draft are nothing special, ILB class is awful, safety class is one of the worst I can remember. So it'd be guys like Paea, Cameron Jordan( I'm a huge fan), Ayers, Kerrigan. I could have easily put Gabbert, Smith, Cam and slid Clayborn down and that would have been more conventional but I don't like them. So I'm kinda forced to move Clayborn up a little higher than what I'd like to.

1. I am sold on Von Miller as a top 10 pick. He's best served being in a 34. His burst of the ball with his speed will cause a lot of problems. He has shown good pass rushing moves in his time at A&M. But he needs to get much stronger to be a factor in the run game. He can easily get taken out of plays. 3 is high for him but around 10. After Quinn, he's the best pass rusher on the board.

2. 78/1133/7 is a pretty good year for that offense. 1/3 of the completions in that offense went to him. But WR production is overrated to me for the most part. It's dependent on so many different factors that the WR can't control. Julio is a guy whose game is more suited for the NFL. He has terrific height, good strength, shows the ability to go attack the ball, good route runner, running the full route tree.

3. Clayborn no doubt had a disappointing year but those things that everyone loved about him are still there. Part of that is due to the attention that he got and part of it was the expectations everyone had for him coming off his junior year (the bar was set so high, this year seems so much worse). He would get double teamed, chipped on by a RB quite consistently. It's not the sole reason why he had a down year but it certainly doesn't help. He's not gonna be a great pass rusher. He uses his hands extremely well and shows the ability to shed blocks very well. A 34 team should really look at him, he could be a Darnell Dockett type player.

I didn't want to put Clayborn at 10 but I need to look at Aldon more, don't like any of the QBs that much, Ingram no, the tackles in this draft are nothing special, ILB class is awful, safety class is one of the worst I can remember. So it'd be guys like Paea, Cameron Jordan( I'm a huge fan), Ayers, Kerrigan. I could have easily put Gabbert, Smith, Cam and slid Clayborn down and that would have been more conventional but I don't like them. So I'm kinda forced to move Clayborn up a little higher than what I'd like to.

http://www.nfl.com/news/s...en-dominate-top-10-picks

roll.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Stevie, may I ask why you have a victor butler avy?
laugh.gif
He's the 2nd best edge rusher on the team right now that needs more playing time
nerd.gif

Von Miller is a promising 3-4 OLB prospect. He'd be at his best playing Weakside OLB as of now because he's a little light to play Strongside IMO. The difference between him and Akeem Ayers is that Miller is a better pass rusher. He can be a 10+ sack guy every season. Ayers is versatile but I don't see him as a natural pass rusher

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Stevie, may I ask why you have a victor butler avy?
laugh.gif
He's the 2nd best edge rusher on the team right now that needs more playing time
nerd.gif

Von Miller is a promising 3-4 OLB prospect. He'd be at his best playing Weakside OLB as of now because he's a little light to play Strongside IMO. The difference between him and Akeem Ayers is that Miller is a better pass rusher. He can be a 10+ sack guy every season. Ayers is versatile but I don't see him as a natural pass rusher

Stevie, oh there's no doubt Von Miller is by far the better pure pass-rusher. But Ayers is just as good a tackler and way better in coverage. Plus he still can get sacks off the edge. The word you used "versatility" best defines Ayers and that to me makes him the more appealing prospect.
By the way I'm not hating on Miller by any means, I just feel Wright's projection at #3 overall is a little high for a player of his caliber. 

Stevie, oh there's no doubt Von Miller is by far the better pure pass-rusher. But Ayers is just as good a tackler and way better in coverage. Plus he still can get sacks off the edge. The word you used "versatility" best defines Ayers and that to me makes him the more appealing prospect.
By the way I'm not hating on Miller by any means, I just feel Wright's projection at #3 overall is a little high for a player of his caliber. 

Originally Posted by KingJames23

I agree with you on Von Miller I watched two games of his last night (Nebraska and LSU) and he is nearly unblockable and even if he doesnt get sacks he is disruptive. Also agree Aldon is garbage but Clayborn is NOTHING like Darnell Dockett nothing.

The more I watch of PP the less I like him but he isnt a safety he is definitely a corner. I want to see more plays made on the ball from a DB going that high.

But Ayers is just as good a tackler and way better in coverage. Plus he still can get sacks off the edge. The word you used "versatility" best defines Ayers and that to me makes him the more appealing prospect.
But he isnt great at anything. You draft Von Miller you know he isnt going to do much in the run game (not for lack of effort either) but he is going to be in someones backfield. alot.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

I agree with you on Von Miller I watched two games of his last night (Nebraska and LSU) and he is nearly unblockable and even if he doesnt get sacks he is disruptive. Also agree Aldon is garbage but Clayborn is NOTHING like Darnell Dockett nothing.

The more I watch of PP the less I like him but he isnt a safety he is definitely a corner. I want to see more plays made on the ball from a DB going that high.

But Ayers is just as good a tackler and way better in coverage. Plus he still can get sacks off the edge. The word you used "versatility" best defines Ayers and that to me makes him the more appealing prospect.
But he isnt great at anything. You draft Von Miller you know he isnt going to do much in the run game (not for lack of effort either) but he is going to be in someones backfield. alot.

^ I could see D. Williams go second-round. He may be the best safety in the class after Rahim Moore. It's an extremely weak safety class and Moore is probably the only prospect with a shot at going first-round. 
TheOne, I think any team that ponders taking Clayborn first-round could end up disappointed. 

As for the Miller/Ayers debate, I would like to clarify that Von Miller is certainly the better prospect of the two (I agree that GMs should take Miller first before Ayers) but the point I intended to make was in comparison the difference in talent level is minimal. Miller could very well be a 10-sack legitimate pass-rusher in the league but I also think Ayers will be a legitimate playmaker at OLB. Akeem Ayers has great size and a solid frame to build on. He tackles well, can rush the passer adequately, and the coverage skills are unique for a player his size. Ayers also has good reaction time and instincts, those are all the qualities that make him an attractive prospect. 

I don't think anyone would be disappointed to "settle" for either PP or Prince at corner. Prince might be more of a "sure thing" at the CB position but PP is a rare athlete with star potential. It's hard to pass up on that ability and opportunity. 

^ I could see D. Williams go second-round. He may be the best safety in the class after Rahim Moore. It's an extremely weak safety class and Moore is probably the only prospect with a shot at going first-round. 
TheOne, I think any team that ponders taking Clayborn first-round could end up disappointed. 

As for the Miller/Ayers debate, I would like to clarify that Von Miller is certainly the better prospect of the two (I agree that GMs should take Miller first before Ayers) but the point I intended to make was in comparison the difference in talent level is minimal. Miller could very well be a 10-sack legitimate pass-rusher in the league but I also think Ayers will be a legitimate playmaker at OLB. Akeem Ayers has great size and a solid frame to build on. He tackles well, can rush the passer adequately, and the coverage skills are unique for a player his size. Ayers also has good reaction time and instincts, those are all the qualities that make him an attractive prospect. 

I don't think anyone would be disappointed to "settle" for either PP or Prince at corner. Prince might be more of a "sure thing" at the CB position but PP is a rare athlete with star potential. It's hard to pass up on that ability and opportunity. 

Wright did say it was a reach in his write up but justified it by saying Buffalo isn't afraid to go against the grain (see Maybin).

Wright did say it was a reach in his write up but justified it by saying Buffalo isn't afraid to go against the grain (see Maybin).

http://www.nfl.com/news/s...ng-top-five-per-position

Mayock's top 5 by position.

Agree with the QB order
RBs, don't like Thomas at 2 and no Demarco
WRs look good
TEs nothing crazy
OT- Like Sherrod as a stand alone #5
OG- Huge fan of Watkins but he's not better than Hudson and where's Cannon?
DE- Quinn at 5?
laugh.gif
. Like Cameron Jordan more than Watt
DT- Looks good Casey is gonna be beast as a 34 NT
LB/CB/S- All look good to me.

Back
Top Bottom