Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

http://www.nfl.com/news/s...ng-top-five-per-position

Mayock's top 5 by position.

Agree with the QB order
RBs, don't like Thomas at 2 and no Demarco
WRs look good
TEs nothing crazy
OT- Like Sherrod as a stand alone #5
OG- Huge fan of Watkins but he's not better than Hudson and where's Cannon?
DE- Quinn at 5?
laugh.gif
. Like Cameron Jordan more than Watt
DT- Looks good Casey is gonna be beast as a 34 NT
LB/CB/S- All look good to me.

I was trying to think of QB's that are in the draft that could do the Gruden QB camp thing again, but I theres not enough high profile names aside from Newton and Mallett for the show to happen again.

I was trying to think of QB's that are in the draft that could do the Gruden QB camp thing again, but I theres not enough high profile names aside from Newton and Mallett for the show to happen again.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Agree with the QB order
WRs look good
TEs nothing crazy
DE- Quinn at 5?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the T-5 with the QBs... i think Andy Dalton is clear cut 5 and close to the 4.
RBs.... there's no Demarco and that's that...
for the most part, like always, he is pretty solid with his observations. i like mayock, cat is always on his Ps and Qs.

now... charles davis on the other hand....

24. New Orleans Saints (11-5) -- Ryan Mallett*, QB, Arkansas
that one just had me scratching my head.
maybe an aaron rodgers treatment? sit for multiple years and learn. i deno, dont like the pick.

Agree with the QB order
WRs look good
TEs nothing crazy
DE- Quinn at 5?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the T-5 with the QBs... i think Andy Dalton is clear cut 5 and close to the 4.
RBs.... there's no Demarco and that's that...
for the most part, like always, he is pretty solid with his observations. i like mayock, cat is always on his Ps and Qs.

now... charles davis on the other hand....

24. New Orleans Saints (11-5) -- Ryan Mallett*, QB, Arkansas
that one just had me scratching my head.
maybe an aaron rodgers treatment? sit for multiple years and learn. i deno, dont like the pick.

Is there anywhere i can watch the East West Shrine game? I missed it due to recovery.

Is there anywhere i can watch the East West Shrine game? I missed it due to recovery.

Florida State QB Christian Ponder measured in at 6-foot-2 1/8 and 222 pounds at the Senior Bowl, reports Bo Marchionte, of NFL Draft Bible

West Virginia RB Noel Devine measured in at 5-foot-7 and 160 pounds...dam at the Senior Bowl, reports Bo Marchionte, of NFL Draft Bible.

University of Washington QB Jake Locker measured in at 6-foot-2 1/4 and 228 pounds at the Senior Bowl, reports Bo Marchionte, of NFL Draft Bible.

Allen Bailey 6'3 2/8, 278 pounds at Senior Bowl

Florida State QB Christian Ponder measured in at 6-foot-2 1/8 and 222 pounds at the Senior Bowl, reports Bo Marchionte, of NFL Draft Bible

West Virginia RB Noel Devine measured in at 5-foot-7 and 160 pounds...dam at the Senior Bowl, reports Bo Marchionte, of NFL Draft Bible.

University of Washington QB Jake Locker measured in at 6-foot-2 1/4 and 228 pounds at the Senior Bowl, reports Bo Marchionte, of NFL Draft Bible.

Allen Bailey 6'3 2/8, 278 pounds at Senior Bowl

One thing about Demarco...he runs to high and if you think he had injury issues in college wait until the NFL. He has no upside really.  Does not mean he will suck per say it just means he doesnt have a high ceiling which makes him a bad "prospect"

One thing about Demarco...he runs to high and if you think he had injury issues in college wait until the NFL. He has no upside really.  Does not mean he will suck per say it just means he doesnt have a high ceiling which makes him a bad "prospect"

Originally Posted by theone2401

he does but he runs hard... they were saying the same exact thing about AP.
injuries, runs too high, he's gonna get hurt.... but he has transitioned well (obviously)
not saying DeMarco is AP at all, i still think he is a really good back. he runs really hard. I like him.we'll see.

he does but he runs hard... they were saying the same exact thing about AP.
injuries, runs too high, he's gonna get hurt.... but he has transitioned well (obviously)
not saying DeMarco is AP at all, i still think he is a really good back. he runs really hard. I like him.we'll see.

I see what you mean but Demarco lost his second gear and AP is one of the most physically freakish people in the league I think thats why he overcomes his flaws hes a genetic experiment and his legs are healthy unlike Demarco's

I dont know what Demarco will actually become but I cant see anyone projecting him as more than a 3rd down back. Those are second day picks.

I see what you mean but Demarco lost his second gear and AP is one of the most physically freakish people in the league I think thats why he overcomes his flaws hes a genetic experiment and his legs are healthy unlike Demarco's

I dont know what Demarco will actually become but I cant see anyone projecting him as more than a 3rd down back. Those are second day picks.

I coulda sworn WVU had Devine listed as high as 190....they fudged the @$#@ outta that weight
laugh.gif
No matter...he'll go in round 3...4 at the latest.

I coulda sworn WVU had Devine listed as high as 190....they fudged the @$#@ outta that weight
laugh.gif
No matter...he'll go in round 3...4 at the latest.

He does run high but this past year he ran a lot harder than he had in the past. The guy is a playmaker and does have home run ability. Provides great versatility to an offense, he is a very polished route runner for the position, can be split out wide, and is a good blocker. He won't be an every down back but can be put out there in almost any type of situation.

In terms of running, catching, and blocking I honestly don't believe there is a more well rounded back in the draft. Durability, ball security, and running too upright are his major concerns. Depending on the team he is well worth the risk.

He does run high but this past year he ran a lot harder than he had in the past. The guy is a playmaker and does have home run ability. Provides great versatility to an offense, he is a very polished route runner for the position, can be split out wide, and is a good blocker. He won't be an every down back but can be put out there in almost any type of situation.

In terms of running, catching, and blocking I honestly don't believe there is a more well rounded back in the draft. Durability, ball security, and running too upright are his major concerns. Depending on the team he is well worth the risk.

If he had the "home run" ability he had his first year in Norman he be a lock for round 1. I agree with everything else though.

If he had the "home run" ability he had his first year in Norman he be a lock for round 1. I agree with everything else though.

KingJames23 wrote:

theone2401 wrote:

I agree he's not the same guy he was before all the injuries but he still has that capability.

If he wasn't injured all the !@%%$@# time he'd be a 1st rounder.

KingJames23 wrote:

theone2401 wrote:

I agree he's not the same guy he was before all the injuries but he still has that capability.

If he wasn't injured all the !@%%$@# time he'd be a 1st rounder.

Back
Top Bottom