Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

They named the show after me. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sorry that last pick took a while...I got all amped up for the Bones Jones fight and passed out afterwards
laugh.gif

Sorry that last pick took a while...I got all amped up for the Bones Jones fight and passed out afterwards
laugh.gif

That show definitely looks promising. Can't wait to watch the series. I want the season to start already...Maybe if I actually start playing MLB:The Show 11 it will fill the void. Then again, this month long fantasy draft has done it's duty so far. Haha.

That show definitely looks promising. Can't wait to watch the series. I want the season to start already...Maybe if I actually start playing MLB:The Show 11 it will fill the void. Then again, this month long fantasy draft has done it's duty so far. Haha.

[h1]Brian Wilson Headed to DL?[/h1]There's a pretty good chance that nobody will "Fear the Beard" on Opening Day. Or for the first week couple weeks of the season, for that matter.

Brian Wilson underwent an MRI on Saturday which revealed a mild strain of his left oblique muscle. He apparently felt the injury during his most recent appearance Thursday against the Angels.

Wilson insists that he'll be ready for Opening Day, but we should know more about his status after the injury is reassessed on Monday. Oblique injuries aren't anything to mess around with and Wilson was already slightly behind due to a back ailment early on in camp, so don't be surprised if the Giants just play it safe and place him on the disabled list.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy isn't ready to say who would pitch the ninth inning if Wilson is forced to miss some time, but they have no shortage of late-game options, including Jeremy Affeldt, Santiago Casilla, Sergio Romo, Javier Lopez and Ramon Ramirez.

If I had to pick just one option for a fantasy league, it would probably be Romo. And not just because he also has a ridiculous beard. The 28-year-old right-hander posted a 2.18 ERA and 70/14 K/BB ratio over 62 innings last season. That's pretty good.

k2i5xv.jpg

[h1]Brian Wilson Headed to DL?[/h1]There's a pretty good chance that nobody will "Fear the Beard" on Opening Day. Or for the first week couple weeks of the season, for that matter.

Brian Wilson underwent an MRI on Saturday which revealed a mild strain of his left oblique muscle. He apparently felt the injury during his most recent appearance Thursday against the Angels.

Wilson insists that he'll be ready for Opening Day, but we should know more about his status after the injury is reassessed on Monday. Oblique injuries aren't anything to mess around with and Wilson was already slightly behind due to a back ailment early on in camp, so don't be surprised if the Giants just play it safe and place him on the disabled list.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy isn't ready to say who would pitch the ninth inning if Wilson is forced to miss some time, but they have no shortage of late-game options, including Jeremy Affeldt, Santiago Casilla, Sergio Romo, Javier Lopez and Ramon Ramirez.

If I had to pick just one option for a fantasy league, it would probably be Romo. And not just because he also has a ridiculous beard. The 28-year-old right-hander posted a 2.18 ERA and 70/14 K/BB ratio over 62 innings last season. That's pretty good.

k2i5xv.jpg

Has anyone seen this preview yet? Looks interesting I just hope it doesn't become a distraction.

Has anyone seen this preview yet? Looks interesting I just hope it doesn't become a distraction.

laugh.gif
at giving me a time limit to make the last pick in the draft.

2011 Mr. Irrelevant:

203742_Cardinals_Spring_Baseball.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fun draft fellas. Good times.

laugh.gif
at giving me a time limit to make the last pick in the draft.

2011 Mr. Irrelevant:

203742_Cardinals_Spring_Baseball.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fun draft fellas. Good times.

Ok fellas, the league has been finalized. The rosters have been set. You can check for your team by clicking on "Thu, Mar 24" on the "My Team" page.

Good luck battling it out for 2nd place.
grin.gif

On another note, this is from another league I'm in (basketball league with divisions)... One team thought because they led their division, they would get in the playoffs as a division leader. This isn't the NFC West. The top 6 best records make it. Ok. Just making it clear.

Also, Week 22, 23 and 24 are the playoffs. And Week 24 runs 7 days from Sep 12 to Sep 18. You may have other leagues where that isn't the case. They'll start their playoffs Week 23 and it'll go until Week 25. I cut out the last week of the season because the last week of the season is when playoff teams rest their players and sets their rotations. Remember when the Phillies trotted out Hamels for 2 innings, Oswalt for 1 inning, then Baez, Zagurski, Blanton, Romero, Durbin, and then finally Lidge in the last week of the season? If your team is neck and neck with a team in the playoffs and you're looking for a big game from your ace, i.e. Cole Hamels, and he only goes for 2 innings, that's irritating. It's kind of a luck of the draw. If a team is battling for their playoff hopes (last season Giants, Padres, and Braves), then you know you won't get none of that aforementioned October 3, 2010 Phillies game. I just cut that week out to avoid that mess.

Ok fellas, the league has been finalized. The rosters have been set. You can check for your team by clicking on "Thu, Mar 24" on the "My Team" page.

Good luck battling it out for 2nd place.
grin.gif

On another note, this is from another league I'm in (basketball league with divisions)... One team thought because they led their division, they would get in the playoffs as a division leader. This isn't the NFC West. The top 6 best records make it. Ok. Just making it clear.

Also, Week 22, 23 and 24 are the playoffs. And Week 24 runs 7 days from Sep 12 to Sep 18. You may have other leagues where that isn't the case. They'll start their playoffs Week 23 and it'll go until Week 25. I cut out the last week of the season because the last week of the season is when playoff teams rest their players and sets their rotations. Remember when the Phillies trotted out Hamels for 2 innings, Oswalt for 1 inning, then Baez, Zagurski, Blanton, Romero, Durbin, and then finally Lidge in the last week of the season? If your team is neck and neck with a team in the playoffs and you're looking for a big game from your ace, i.e. Cole Hamels, and he only goes for 2 innings, that's irritating. It's kind of a luck of the draw. If a team is battling for their playoff hopes (last season Giants, Padres, and Braves), then you know you won't get none of that aforementioned October 3, 2010 Phillies game. I just cut that week out to avoid that mess.

Thanks for setting everything up, Commish.

A long draft, but a fun draft. Word to Mark Carreon
laugh.gif

l71521-1.jpg

Thanks for setting everything up, Commish.

A long draft, but a fun draft. Word to Mark Carreon
laugh.gif

l71521-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom