Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

I brought a "Kershaw > Lincecum" sign to the game and it didn't make it to the 1st inning; usher confiscated it quickfast.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Knew this would be a loss as soon as the lineup was released. Can someone explain the reasoning behind starting Rowand?

The only thing I can think of is he is batting better against left handed pitchers.

Knew this would be a loss as soon as the lineup was released. Can someone explain the reasoning behind starting Rowand?

The only thing I can think of is he is batting better against left handed pitchers.

Tough loss today but not much you can do against Kershaw with the line up that was out there today.
Got to meet Crawford and get a picture signed tonight in San Mateo, he's a pretty cool dude.

Tough loss today but not much you can do against Kershaw with the line up that was out there today.
Got to meet Crawford and get a picture signed tonight in San Mateo, he's a pretty cool dude.

Originally Posted by chris82790

That's the obvious answer, but it still doesn't make sense.  Schierholtz isn't a great player, but he is better than Rowand against any pitcher.  For me, it's not even close
30t6p3b.gif

That's the obvious answer, but it still doesn't make sense.  Schierholtz isn't a great player, but he is better than Rowand against any pitcher.  For me, it's not even close
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I think the other reason is to not have too many left handed batters in the lineup. They already had Fontenot, Belt and Crawford.

30t6p3b.gif
I think the other reason is to not have too many left handed batters in the lineup. They already had Fontenot, Belt and Crawford.

Back
Top Bottom