Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

looks like Brew Crew coming into town looking to get ahead of Pittsburgh in the standings.

pretty confident the Giants can take 2/3, I mean winning series is what it's about until the end of the year!

anyone making it out the games at all?

looks like Brew Crew coming into town looking to get ahead of Pittsburgh in the standings.

pretty confident the Giants can take 2/3, I mean winning series is what it's about until the end of the year!

anyone making it out the games at all?

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

How many injuries have the Giants had total this season?

From the top of my head, since we've had so many:

Ross, Torres, Sandoval, Posey, Fontenot, Belt, Hall, Tejada, Burrell, Freddy Sanchez, Jonathan Sanchez, Zito, Casilla I might be forgetting some others.

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

How many injuries have the Giants had total this season?

From the top of my head, since we've had so many:

Ross, Torres, Sandoval, Posey, Fontenot, Belt, Hall, Tejada, Burrell, Freddy Sanchez, Jonathan Sanchez, Zito, Casilla I might be forgetting some others.

Here's a fascinating theory on the Carlos Beltran sweepstakes from two NL executives: They believe that all the current talk that the Phillies and Red Sox are either the "favorites" or the "most aggressive" teams in the Beltran bidding is being circulated by the Mets to increase pressure on other teams in the bidding. Their theory: The Giants wind up swooping in and getting this done, for a package fronted by dynamic center-field prospect Gary Brown

Here's a fascinating theory on the Carlos Beltran sweepstakes from two NL executives: They believe that all the current talk that the Phillies and Red Sox are either the "favorites" or the "most aggressive" teams in the Beltran bidding is being circulated by the Mets to increase pressure on other teams in the bidding. Their theory: The Giants wind up swooping in and getting this done, for a package fronted by dynamic center-field prospect Gary Brown

If somehow Sabes can pull off Beltran without giving up Wheeler or Brown.... 
eek.gif

Anyone have tickets to the game Sunday? I'm looking to buy a pair

If somehow Sabes can pull off Beltran without giving up Wheeler or Brown.... 
eek.gif

Anyone have tickets to the game Sunday? I'm looking to buy a pair

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost?

Well, it didn't cost me anything because my girl had extra VIP tickets but I think it was like $40?  OD but obviously he's a huge draw as the line was crazyyyy.  If I didn't have the VIP tickets to cut the line and not pay no way I would have gone 
laugh.gif
  Vogelsong is going to be there on August 6th I believe and the price is the same.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost?

Well, it didn't cost me anything because my girl had extra VIP tickets but I think it was like $40?  OD but obviously he's a huge draw as the line was crazyyyy.  If I didn't have the VIP tickets to cut the line and not pay no way I would have gone 
laugh.gif
  Vogelsong is going to be there on August 6th I believe and the price is the same.

Things can change from now until the deadline, but as of right now I only see management looking through the wavier wire next month.

Things can change from now until the deadline, but as of right now I only see management looking through the wavier wire next month.

[table][tr][th="col"]S. Marcum Mil
7661.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]8-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.39[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.99[/td] [/tr][tr][td]105[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]114[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]35[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.14[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.09[/td][/tr][/table]
Milwaukee Brewers Lineup:
Hart, RF
Morgan, CF
Kotsay, LF
Fielder, 1B
Weeks, 2B
McGehee, 3B
Betancourt, SS
Lucroy, C
Marcum, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Schierholtz, RF
Ross, LF
Crawford, SS
Whiteside, C
Cain, RHP

Prediction:
Keppinger: 1-4, 1 run

[table][tr][th="col"]S. Marcum Mil
7661.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]8-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.39[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.99[/td] [/tr][tr][td]105[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]114[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]35[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.14[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.09[/td][/tr][/table]
Milwaukee Brewers Lineup:
Hart, RF
Morgan, CF
Kotsay, LF
Fielder, 1B
Weeks, 2B
McGehee, 3B
Betancourt, SS
Lucroy, C
Marcum, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Schierholtz, RF
Ross, LF
Crawford, SS
Whiteside, C
Cain, RHP

Prediction:
Keppinger: 1-4, 1 run

^ So we're going to score today?!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

No Braun and Fielder in a slump (1-16). I should know he's on my team.
30t6p3b.gif

^ So we're going to score today?!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

No Braun and Fielder in a slump (1-16). I should know he's on my team.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom