Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

How was it this year versus last years? Whose table were you at?
I didn't go last year so I have nothing to compare it to. I was just at a random table. I bought a single ticket just to get autographs. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

How was it this year versus last years? Whose table were you at?
I didn't go last year so I have nothing to compare it to. I was just at a random table. I bought a single ticket just to get autographs. 
laugh.gif

Here is my concern. If Cody Ross wasnt injured, would Belt have made the team? If the answer is anything other than a resounding "definitely," then i think he should have started in AAA.

Here is my concern. If Cody Ross wasnt injured, would Belt have made the team? If the answer is anything other than a resounding "definitely," then i think he should have started in AAA.

On a side note, I am very disappointed that Marc Kroon didnt make the team. He deserved it over Mota for sure, and arguably Ramirez as well.

On a side note, I am very disappointed that Marc Kroon didnt make the team. He deserved it over Mota for sure, and arguably Ramirez as well.

5 can't come soon enough...

Pumped after hearing Kipe on KNBR this morning.

Guess Zito was involved in a car accident down there in West Hollywood? He's ok I guess. I'm hoping he did something that makes his contract voidable.
laugh.gif

5 can't come soon enough...

Pumped after hearing Kipe on KNBR this morning.

Guess Zito was involved in a car accident down there in West Hollywood? He's ok I guess. I'm hoping he did something that makes his contract voidable.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I still believe that Belt would have made the team and Ishikawa would have been cut, due to his inconsistencies at the plate. If Ross were healthy, Huff would simply start in LF, Belt deserved to make the team with the way he's played this Spring. I think it was a no brainer. 
Did Suppan make the team? I think Ramirez is someone to watch for in the bullpen. He has been shaky and I believe if he begins to suck it up, he could be waived.

Thank goodness for opening day. No class, just a project meet up and baseball. I love it.

I still believe that Belt would have made the team and Ishikawa would have been cut, due to his inconsistencies at the plate. If Ross were healthy, Huff would simply start in LF, Belt deserved to make the team with the way he's played this Spring. I think it was a no brainer. 
Did Suppan make the team? I think Ramirez is someone to watch for in the bullpen. He has been shaky and I believe if he begins to suck it up, he could be waived.

Thank goodness for opening day. No class, just a project meet up and baseball. I love it.

[h1]Barry Zito in car accident[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- San Francisco Giants pitcher Barry Zito has been examined at a hospital and released after his car was hit broadside at a West Hollywood intersection.

The crash occurred shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday at Sunset Boulevard and Sunset Plaza Drive, Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Joseph Morien told The Associated Press.

6394.jpg

Zito

The pitcher was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was examined and released, Deputy Mark Pope said Thursday.

Morien said he was taken to the hospital "just to be checked out if he had injuries or not."

Giants spokesman Jim Moorehead said Zito was experiencing soreness in his neck and upper body. Zito was scheduled to have an MRI on Thursday morning. Moorehead said the team trainer would also see Zito on Thursday.

Manager Bruce Bochy told KNBR Radio in San Francisco that Zito is confident he'll be able make his start on Sunday.

Cedars-Sinai declined to say if Zito was treated there. City News Service said the other driver wasn't hurt.

Morien said Zito was not at fault, but the officer did not provide other details of the crash. He said Zito's car had major damage.

The crash is still being investigated, and Morien said he didn't know if the other driver would be cited.

The Giants open the season Thursday against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Zito, a former Cy Young winner and the team's No. 4 starter, had been expected to pitch over the weekend.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

[h1]Barry Zito in car accident[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- San Francisco Giants pitcher Barry Zito has been examined at a hospital and released after his car was hit broadside at a West Hollywood intersection.

The crash occurred shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday at Sunset Boulevard and Sunset Plaza Drive, Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Joseph Morien told The Associated Press.

6394.jpg

Zito

The pitcher was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was examined and released, Deputy Mark Pope said Thursday.

Morien said he was taken to the hospital "just to be checked out if he had injuries or not."

Giants spokesman Jim Moorehead said Zito was experiencing soreness in his neck and upper body. Zito was scheduled to have an MRI on Thursday morning. Moorehead said the team trainer would also see Zito on Thursday.

Manager Bruce Bochy told KNBR Radio in San Francisco that Zito is confident he'll be able make his start on Sunday.

Cedars-Sinai declined to say if Zito was treated there. City News Service said the other driver wasn't hurt.

Morien said Zito was not at fault, but the officer did not provide other details of the crash. He said Zito's car had major damage.

The crash is still being investigated, and Morien said he didn't know if the other driver would be cited.

The Giants open the season Thursday against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Zito, a former Cy Young winner and the team's No. 4 starter, had been expected to pitch over the weekend.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Dodgers are terrible. I think they finish 4th or 5th. They can't hit, pitch, and field. It is the Dodgers division to finish at the bottom.

Dodgers are terrible. I think they finish 4th or 5th. They can't hit, pitch, and field. It is the Dodgers division to finish at the bottom.

2011 Opening Day Roster

Pitchers:
Jeremy Affeldt
Madison Bumgarner
Matt Cain
Santiago Casilla
Tim Lincecum
Javier Lopez
Ramon Ramirez
Sergio Romo
Dan Runzler
Jonathan Sanchez
Barry Zito

Catchers:
Buster Posey
Eli Whiteside

Infielders:
Brandon Belt
Mark DeRosa
Mike Fontenot
Aubrey Huff
Freddy Sanchez
Pablo Sandoval
Miguel Tejada

Outfielders:
Pat Burrell
Aaron Rowand
Nate Schierholtz
Andres Torres

Cody Ross and Brian Wilson will begin the season on the disabled list.

2011 Opening Day Roster

Pitchers:
Jeremy Affeldt
Madison Bumgarner
Matt Cain
Santiago Casilla
Tim Lincecum
Javier Lopez
Ramon Ramirez
Sergio Romo
Dan Runzler
Jonathan Sanchez
Barry Zito

Catchers:
Buster Posey
Eli Whiteside

Infielders:
Brandon Belt
Mark DeRosa
Mike Fontenot
Aubrey Huff
Freddy Sanchez
Pablo Sandoval
Miguel Tejada

Outfielders:
Pat Burrell
Aaron Rowand
Nate Schierholtz
Andres Torres

Cody Ross and Brian Wilson will begin the season on the disabled list.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

This doesnt make sense bro.  If Ross wasnt hurt, someone would have been cut (maybe Ishikawa) anyways.  So for Ross to have been healthy and Belt to have made the team, we would have had to cut 2 guys.

This doesnt make sense bro.  If Ross wasnt hurt, someone would have been cut (maybe Ishikawa) anyways.  So for Ross to have been healthy and Belt to have made the team, we would have had to cut 2 guys.

Schierholtz would have been the odd man out. That's what I've read, but changed since Ross got hurt.

I'm glad that Belt made the team, but where does he find at-bats when Ross comes back? Huff moves to left? DeRosa and Burrell don't get at-bats?

Back
Top Bottom