Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Yeah we need Torres and Ross to come back asap cause this Rowand/Schierholtz/DeRosa combo isn't doing the job right now, Belt is in a major funk, and Burrell is only hitting solo HR's and nothing else. Huff and Posey have been up and down offensively, the only person doing well with the bat is Pablo.

Hopefully Lincecum and Sanchez can have great outings because our offense is in no run support mode
30t6p3b.gif

I got home from the game a few hours ago. Ugh, what a horrible game. Our offense is in a funk and our defense is atrocious. We were lucky to win 2 games against the Cardinals.

I got home from the game a few hours ago. Ugh, what a horrible game. Our offense is in a funk and our defense is atrocious. We were lucky to win 2 games against the Cardinals.

4-4 against the NL.

0-2 against Kershaw.

And Paul, don't expect a call next time I get Warrior tickets.

4-4 against the NL.

0-2 against Kershaw.

And Paul, don't expect a call next time I get Warrior tickets.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Ross nearing return[/h3]
11:50AM ET

[h5]Cody Ross | Giants [/h5]

Cody Ross is just about ready to start playing in games as he rehabs from a strained right calf injury, reports the team's Web site.

Ross is likely to play in an extended spring training game or two before moving to an affiliated roster.

Once hes ready to return, Nate Schierholtz is likely to be sent back to Triple-A, though he's been hitting of late and the Giants could decide to finally pull the plug on Aaron Rowand's tenure with the organization

- Jason A. Churchill

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Ross nearing return[/h3]
11:50AM ET

[h5]Cody Ross | Giants [/h5]

Cody Ross is just about ready to start playing in games as he rehabs from a strained right calf injury, reports the team's Web site.

Ross is likely to play in an extended spring training game or two before moving to an affiliated roster.

Once hes ready to return, Nate Schierholtz is likely to be sent back to Triple-A, though he's been hitting of late and the Giants could decide to finally pull the plug on Aaron Rowand's tenure with the organization

- Jason A. Churchill

At this point, I feel very strongly that Schierholtz > Rowand >>>>>> Belt. Now obviously, Belt has by far the highest ceiling, but I think he needs to go to Fresno.

And I dont know if this Jason Churchill is correct in saying Schierholtz will likely be sent to AAA. If my memory serves me correct, he is out of options, so we would have to release him.

At this point, I feel very strongly that Schierholtz > Rowand >>>>>> Belt. Now obviously, Belt has by far the highest ceiling, but I think he needs to go to Fresno.

And I dont know if this Jason Churchill is correct in saying Schierholtz will likely be sent to AAA. If my memory serves me correct, he is out of options, so we would have to release him.

And why would we further deplete the defense we have?

Belt seems like odd man out.

Puts Huff at first (where he looked much more comfortable on Sat), Ross in Right, Torres (when healthy) or Rowand in Center and Burrell in Left. 7th inning move Nate in and Ross to left.

And why would we further deplete the defense we have?

Belt seems like odd man out.

Puts Huff at first (where he looked much more comfortable on Sat), Ross in Right, Torres (when healthy) or Rowand in Center and Burrell in Left. 7th inning move Nate in and Ross to left.

I think going back down will help Belt get his head straight. The pressure looks like it's getting to him, that and he isn't finding the gaps on the field.

I think going back down will help Belt get his head straight. The pressure looks like it's getting to him, that and he isn't finding the gaps on the field.

[table][tr][th="col"]C. Billingsley LAD
7705.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]1-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]0.64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.67[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]0.79[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Sanchez, 2B
Huff, RF
Posey, C
Sandoval, 3B
Burrell, LF
Tejada, SS
Belt, 1B
Lincecum, RHP

Belt needs to be sent down. Schierholtz needs to play in right. Huff needs to play at first.

Get it done.

[table][tr][th="col"]C. Billingsley LAD
7705.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]1-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]0.64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.67[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]0.79[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Sanchez, 2B
Huff, RF
Posey, C
Sandoval, 3B
Burrell, LF
Tejada, SS
Belt, 1B
Lincecum, RHP

Belt needs to be sent down. Schierholtz needs to play in right. Huff needs to play at first.

Get it done.

Back
Top Bottom