Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Good win
pimp.gif
on a 4game win streak

Sucks but he's by far our worst starter so it is what it is.

Stood next to Dave Chappelle in line for coffee
laugh.gif

Sucks but he's by far our worst starter so it is what it is.

Stood next to Dave Chappelle in line for coffee
laugh.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Bumgarner SF
1301258186.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Enright Ari
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-2[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]6.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.50[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.67[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Sanchez, 2B
Huff, RF
Posey, C
Sandoval, 3B
Burrell, LF
Belt, 1B
Tejada, SS
Bumgarner, P

Giants' Zito placed on DL, Vogelsong called up

April 17, 2011

GIANTS PAGE | GIANTS VIDEO

CSNBayArea.com staff

The San Francisco Giants have placed pitcher Barry Zito on the disabled list with a right mid-foot sprain. This is the first time the pitcher has been placed on the DL in his 12-year career.

The left-hander was hurt Saturday while making a lunging catch of a bunt by Diamondbacks pitcher Joe Saunders. Zito left his scheduled start in the second inning.

As a result, the team has purchased the contract of pitcher Ryan Vogelsong from Triple-A Fresno.

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Bumgarner SF
1301258186.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Enright Ari
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-2[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]6.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.50[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.67[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Sanchez, 2B
Huff, RF
Posey, C
Sandoval, 3B
Burrell, LF
Belt, 1B
Tejada, SS
Bumgarner, P

Giants' Zito placed on DL, Vogelsong called up

April 17, 2011

GIANTS PAGE | GIANTS VIDEO

CSNBayArea.com staff

The San Francisco Giants have placed pitcher Barry Zito on the disabled list with a right mid-foot sprain. This is the first time the pitcher has been placed on the DL in his 12-year career.

The left-hander was hurt Saturday while making a lunging catch of a bunt by Diamondbacks pitcher Joe Saunders. Zito left his scheduled start in the second inning.

As a result, the team has purchased the contract of pitcher Ryan Vogelsong from Triple-A Fresno.

^i hope you're right. i think tejada has been swinging the bat well, its just a matter of time before the balls start finding holes.

^i hope you're right. i think tejada has been swinging the bat well, its just a matter of time before the balls start finding holes.

Bumgarner has been pretty bad so far to start this season. Hope its not a sign of a sophomore slump.

We had a lot of trouble finishing sweeps last year. Lets go. Chip back!

Back
Top Bottom