Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Pressure tightens for Belt to heat up offensively[/h1] [h3]PUBLISHED 2 hours and 27 minutes ago[/h3]
Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/sto...for-belt-to-heat-up-offensively#ixzz1Ji0gvCEX

Staff report
Sporting News

San Francisco Giants rookie first baseman Brandon Belt has a limited amount of time to end his struggles and prove he belongs in the majors, the San Jose Mercury News speculates.

28887-330-0.jpg
Brandon Belt has struggled as a rookie. (AP photo)

Belt is batting just .200 with a homer, four RBIs and 10 strikeouts in 51 plate appearances this season.

With right fielder Cody Ross (calf) expected to come off the disabled list on April 22 and center fielder Andres Torres (Achilles) eligible to return April 26, the team will have some tough roster choices ahead.

Rather than designate a player such as outfielders Nate Schierholtz, the Giants could option Belt to Class AAA.

Earlier this week, there was talk of Belt moving to right field, a move that would allow Aubrey Huff to move from right field back to first base, where he is better defensively.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Pressure tightens for Belt to heat up offensively[/h1] [h3]PUBLISHED 2 hours and 27 minutes ago[/h3]
Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/sto...for-belt-to-heat-up-offensively#ixzz1Ji0gvCEX

Staff report
Sporting News

San Francisco Giants rookie first baseman Brandon Belt has a limited amount of time to end his struggles and prove he belongs in the majors, the San Jose Mercury News speculates.

28887-330-0.jpg
Brandon Belt has struggled as a rookie. (AP photo)

Belt is batting just .200 with a homer, four RBIs and 10 strikeouts in 51 plate appearances this season.

With right fielder Cody Ross (calf) expected to come off the disabled list on April 22 and center fielder Andres Torres (Achilles) eligible to return April 26, the team will have some tough roster choices ahead.

Rather than designate a player such as outfielders Nate Schierholtz, the Giants could option Belt to Class AAA.

Earlier this week, there was talk of Belt moving to right field, a move that would allow Aubrey Huff to move from right field back to first base, where he is better defensively.

Calling up Ford was a good idea. I can deal with that. Watch Rowand become the Torres of last year because of injury.

Calling up Ford was a good idea. I can deal with that. Watch Rowand become the Torres of last year because of injury.

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Saunders Ari
1301257910.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.56[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]6.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.41[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]2.11[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Sanchez, 2B
Huff, RF
Posey, C
Tejada, SS
Burrell, LF
Sandoval, 3B
DeRosa, 1B
Zito, LHP

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Saunders Ari
1301257910.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.56[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]6.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.41[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]2.11[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Sanchez, 2B
Huff, RF
Posey, C
Tejada, SS
Burrell, LF
Sandoval, 3B
DeRosa, 1B
Zito, LHP

Why are Burrell and Tejada ahead of Sandoval in today's lineup?
30t6p3b.gif

I know Pablo did not bat well from the right side last season, but that was last year, this year he has not had a lot of at bats from that side but I would still put him ahead of those two, especially Burrell.

Why are Burrell and Tejada ahead of Sandoval in today's lineup?
30t6p3b.gif

I know Pablo did not bat well from the right side last season, but that was last year, this year he has not had a lot of at bats from that side but I would still put him ahead of those two, especially Burrell.

I agree in regards to Burrell, and my feelings of Miggy are known, but (I didn't see the game last night) didn't be have some good AB's?

I agree in regards to Burrell, and my feelings of Miggy are known, but (I didn't see the game last night) didn't be have some good AB's?

wow, i hope he's okay. i dont htink he's ever missed a start due to injury, i'd hate to see that streak broken.

wow, i hope he's okay. i dont htink he's ever missed a start due to injury, i'd hate to see that streak broken.

I turn on the game and its 2-2 in the 3rd with Mota pitching and Derosa at first. What happened? What did I miss?

I turn on the game and its 2-2 in the 3rd with Mota pitching and Derosa at first. What happened? What did I miss?

Originally Posted by minus28

Zito dived for a bunt and landed on his knee, left the game

Originally Posted by minus28

Zito dived for a bunt and landed on his knee, left the game

Back
Top Bottom