Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

I only want to watch this to see just how much more power these Memo heredia PED cycles have given JMM

JMM looks like a damn 5'4" super middleweight now :lol:

There's no way I'm going to pay $70 to watch this fight...what's up with the price hike?   That issh is ridicules...

Rooting for Marquez by TKO 10rd btw...

There's no way I'm going to pay $70 to watch this fight...what's up with the price hike?   That issh is ridicules...

Rooting for Marquez by TKO 10rd btw...

It's 70 now?!?! wow

What i think will happen: Will go the distance. Back and forth fight....manny will press and get points for being the aggressor but marquez will land the cleaner shots since he is a brilliant counter-puncher. Split decision finally goes to marquez

What i want to happen: Manny presses the entire fight and marquez is slightly slower and gets caught with a couple and goes down multiple times and manny wins decisively with a 10th round TKO.

I think it's $70 for HD :smh:

Ward/Pavlik is postponed, Ward hurt his shoulder. Might be moved to February 23rd.

anyone want to join a hypothetical?

i was thinking , lets say andre ward was 2-4 years younger with a highschool/college wrestling background.

and a semi decent kickboxer , do you think he can take a couple years off to work on his grappling and ground game

would he be "unbeatable" ive watched UFC from time to time and the footwork,handspeed,defense and overall

boxing skills are so horrendous that if it wasnt for the fact a boxer is susceptible to a kick or getting

taken to the ground , i feel like any p4p boxer in his prime could steam roll through most of the UFC .

discuss

Depending on how well the training camp is going for Pacquiao, I'm gonna call this as I want to see it happen.

Pacman come out the gates as the aggressor, knockdowns for multiples rounds, then final blow and calling of the fight by the 8th.

Manny Pacquiao by TKO.

JMM is great, and Manny better be hungry for this fight after his last loss due to judges. I don't think either fighter wants this fight to go to the scorecards.

^
and what makes you think paquia is going to do that?..just wishful thinking.

In the 24/7 Pacquiao said that this intensity of training is at the level that his old camps were at. With Roach wondering if he still has it, he's gotta be raising the bar in the Wildcard.. especially for his prized possession.

Pacquiao knows that the judges are going to be iffy as they always are, and like I said- after his last loss due to the judges, I doubt he's gonna want to let it go to the scorecards anymore. Especially not for a fight that he's fighting for the 4th time BECAUSE OF sketchy decisions.

Same thing goes for JMM, he doesn't want to let this go to the judges any more than he did in the last fight. But as we saw Manny do to Ricky Hatton and Margarito, you can't just try to powerhouse over Manny. He's too smart and you'll end up biting off more than you can chew.

Also, Roach said he didn't want to see them two fight again after the last one. He's tired of it. Hopefully he's going in there to finally shut up Nacho and JMM so that they can stop crying about their losses.

I must say though, JMM seems very dedicated to this camp, and seems to be working on the right things to really make this fight interesting. What I said up there was what I WANT to happen.

Truth is? This one could go either way.. easily.

In the 24/7 Pacquiao said that this intensity of training is at the level that his old camps were at. With Roach wondering if he still has it, he's gotta be raising the bar in the Wildcard.. especially for his prized possession.
Pacquiao knows that the judges are going to be iffy as they always are, and like I said- after his last loss due to the judges, I doubt he's gonna want to let it go to the scorecards anymore. Especially not for a fight that he's fighting for the 4th time BECAUSE OF sketchy decisions.
Same thing goes for JMM, he doesn't want to let this go to the judges any more than he did in the last fight. But as we saw Manny do to Ricky Hatton and Margarito, you can't just try to powerhouse over Manny. He's too smart and you'll end up biting off more than you can chew.
Also, Roach said he didn't want to see them two fight again after the last one. He's tired of it. Hopefully he's going in there to finally shut up Nacho and JMM so that they can stop crying about their losses.
I must say though, JMM seems very dedicated to this camp, and seems to be working on the right things to really make this fight interesting. What I said up there was what I WANT to happen.
stop watching hbo 24/7

he was talking about what matchup problems do you think pacquiao is gonna create.

manny has no style...your not gonna teach a old dog any new tricks...manny coming

in with that same boom boom bap he's been doing for 6 years and marquez gonna

counter and maybe hurt him but lose another split decision , because to compete

with speed and power difference he's gonna have to play the conservative card which

is gonna result in close rounds going to you know who....same reason why alotta boxing heads

not trynna watch this same song and dance for the 4th time

stop watching hbo 24/7
he was talking about what matchup problems do you think pacquiao is gonna create.
manny has no style...your not gonna teach a old dog any new tricks...manny coming
with speed and power difference he's gonna have to play the conservative card which
is gonna result in close rounds going to you know who....same reason why alotta boxing heads

THIS. I giggle every time someone says a boxer is going to change going into a fight. It's going to look about the same as last time. Can the result be different? Absolutely, it's boxing all it takes is one punch or one corrupt judge. But the boxer's style is not going to change much if at all.

Last edited:
stop watching hbo 24/7

Knew I'd catch some heat for quoting 24/7.

Anyways, the fact is that Roach's fighters have lost a lot recently. Gotta be affecting the gym / camp somehow. Whether or not it was acting. Think about it. It looks bad.

I agree w/ you on the rest tho.

Pacquiao needs to throw more combos like he used to. Those aren't "new tricks', he's done it before. He just needs to remember what got him where he is now. Fighters have minds too, and though you see the same dance for the 4th time, Pacquiao knows that he can't go in identical to what he did last fight. As a fighter, I see those subtle differences, such as when he fought Marquez the 3rd time and he wasn't going in and out as much as he should have been, or when he should have been. Then after the fight I saw the clips of marquez stepping on Manny's foot in exchanges.

No fighter goes into a camp and says "Alright guys, let's do the exact same thing over and over again. No need for improvement or new ideas. Sound good?" Nobody in smokers, amateurs, or pros has that mentality. I promise you that.

But hey, I'm not in his corner, or his camp. I can't control what they do, so for all I know- you could be right. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh geez. Foot steeping happens frequently when orthodox and southpaws scrap. So there goes that notion of yours.

Secondly, it's not the lack of combos that made Pacquiao look bad. It's his straight shots that Marquez ducked and slipped the entire fight. Manny never threw an uppercut or short hook, or went to the body.

Lastly, Pacquiao's footwork was horrible. Pac's lead foot was outside Marquez the entire fight and didn't capitalize on his position advantage. Marquez circled right with his left foot inside Pac's right foot and PAC circled left with his right foot outside Marquez's left foot. Basically Pacquiao allowed Marquez to get inside on him all night long and never changed it up by circling right instead.

Throwing more combos isn't the solution, being more aggressive isn't the solution, and I honestly think Pacquiao will lose by 3-4 points on all the judges scorecards.

Oh geez. Foot steeping happens frequently when orthodox and southpaws scrap. So there goes that notion of yours.
Secondly, it's not the lack of combos that made Pacquiao look bad. It's his straight shots that Marquez ducked and slipped the entire fight. Manny never threw an uppercut or short hook, or went to the body.
Lastly, Pacquiao's footwork was horrible. Pac's lead foot was outside Marquez the entire fight and didn't capitalize on his position advantage. Marquez circled right with his left foot inside Pac's right foot and PAC circled left with his right foot outside Marquez's left foot. Basically Pacquiao allowed Marquez to get inside on him all night long and never changed it up by circling right instead.
Throwing more combos isn't the solution, being more aggressive isn't the solution, and I honestly think Pacquiao will lose by 3-4 points on all the judges scorecards.

Eh. I spar with my instructor all the time.. I'm regular and he's southpaw. We never have that problem. I don't remember it happening once.

Manny didn't throw many diverse punches, you're correct.

Agreed on footwork. Though Pacquiao always complains about his calves, I'm willing to bet that you'll scoff at that and say that he's lying / acting.

There has to be a solution if it's not one of the two that I listed, there's always a solution.

Saturday will tell, though. Good argument btw. Repped.

Knew I'd catch some heat for quoting 24/7.
Anyways, the fact is that Roach's fighters have lost a lot recently. Gotta be affecting the gym / camp somehow. Whether or not it was acting. Think about it. It looks bad.
I agree w/ you on the rest tho.
Pacquiao needs to throw more combos like he used to. Those aren't "new tricks', he's done it before. He just needs to remember what got him where he is now. Fighters have minds too, and though you see the same dance for the 4th time, Pacquiao knows that he can't go in identical to what he did last fight. As a fighter, I see those subtle differences, such as when he fought Marquez the 3rd time and he wasn't going in and out as much as he should have been, or when he should have been. Then after the fight I saw the clips of marquez stepping on Manny's foot in exchanges.
No fighter goes into a camp and says "Alright guys, let's do the exact same thing over and over again. No need for improvement or new ideas. Sound good?" Nobody in smokers, amateurs, or pros has that mentality. I promise you that.
But hey, I'm not in his corner, or his camp. I can't control what they do, so for all I know- you could be right. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
yeah im misworded it , its a good show but just like any show you gotta take it with a grain of salt.

your theory still in the air ....they both could go out gunz blazing but a TKO loss would be brutal for either fighters

chances of getting a big money fight. but if either fighter takes a L via split decision they can still get a big money fight.

in manny's case it ruins the leverage with floyd but he can still eat and command 10-12 mill. he gets tko'd and he's

starting back from 2002 all over again

I am a big Marquez supporter i'll admit that but this particular fight is a lose lose situation for him. There is already speculation that he is using PED's. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing...s-about-ped-use-manny-pacquiao-200532499.html
I know he brought that on himself and i know its happened with athletes that were already established but i just can't see marquez using that stuff this
late in his career and on the 4th fight with Pac. I think if he would use PED's he would have used them on the 2nd or 3rd fight not the 4th but maybe that
is the fan in me talking. Either way I just want a nice clean fight and with these two in the ring I am sure that will happen. Just my 2 cents.

well damn thanks for the info guys, i thought he just recently hired the guy but im going to look into it. I see no reason to even see the fight now as its going to go
bad for the guy im going for if he wins or not.

That + they're only using the test Nevada requires. Is this the first fight he's had Heredia in his corner Jay?

BTW, if you have an iPhone or iPad, DL the Top Rank TV app.

well damn thanks for the info guys, i thought he just recently hired the guy but im going to look into it. I see no reason to even see the fight now as its going to go
Wonder if this is why Peterson and Berto were the ones pushing for it. FM too

Last edited:
Wonder if this is why Peterson and Berto were the ones pushing for it. Mayweather too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom