Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Cloud/Pascal is done for August 11th on Showtime in Canada.

Fight of the year. Book it. Seeing these guys make me want to hit the gym.
laugh.gif

each more than capable and equally susceptible to knocking one another out.

that might be an insanely entertaining brawl

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

each more than capable and equally susceptible to knocking one another out.

that might be an insanely entertaining brawl

Yup. Both can throw bombs, and both can also take it.

Pascal vs Cloud should be very interesting. As bad as Cloud looked vs Campillio i'm going with him to beat Pascal. Pascal has too many defensive lapses and a power puncher like Cloud should be able to take advantage.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Pascal vs Cloud should be very interesting. As bad as Cloud looked vs Campillio i'm going with him to beat Pascal. Pascal has too many defensive lapses and a power puncher like Cloud should be able to take advantage.

If the fight takes place in Canada, Cloud needs to stop Pascal. He's not winning a decision, just like Campillo didn't. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Pascal has never been stopped in Pros or Amateurs. Very close match IMO, decision goes to whoever has the locale advantage.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

If the fight takes place in Canada, Cloud needs to stop Pascal. He's not winning a decision, just like Campillo didn't. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Pascal has never been stopped in Pros or Amateurs. Very close match IMO, decision goes to whoever has the locale advantage.

He should be able to stop Pascal but Cloud showed he's a plodder in that Campillo fight and Pascal will run and rack up points in Canada.
I do think that Cloud's punching ability can get to Pascal. He was rocked by Dawson before that fight was stopped on cuts.

He should be able to stop Pascal but Cloud showed he's a plodder in that Campillo fight and Pascal will run and rack up points in Canada.
I do think that Cloud's punching ability can get to Pascal. He was rocked by Dawson before that fight was stopped on cuts.
Styles make fights, as cliche it is. See the dynamic of this fight will be different. Pascal is not going to bully Cloud like he did Dawson. Pascal will be more cautious because Cloud probably packs the hardest punch in the division. Pascal looked the way he did in the 11th vs Dawson because he expended so much energy throwing all over all the place and because Dawson started hitting him with crisp shots. Cloud is not as fast, accurate, or slick as Dawson. If I am to bet, I would not choose a winner but just that the fight goes the distance. One things for sure is that we will be in for a nice treat.

Styles make fights, as cliche it is. See the dynamic of this fight will be different. Pascal is not going to bully Cloud like he did Dawson. Pascal will be more cautious because Cloud probably packs the hardest punch in the division. Pascal looked the way he did in the 11th vs Dawson because he expended so much energy throwing all over all the place and because Dawson started hitting him with crisp shots. Cloud is not as fast, accurate, or slick as Dawson. If I am to bet, I would not choose a winner but just that the fight goes the distance. One things for sure is that we will be in for a nice treat.
And we all know Pascal is a 7 round fighter. He loads up on his shots which drains his energy even faster. 

Sounds like Pirog battered him around. Good
pimp.gif

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Assuming Pirog is healthy (looked like it) he'll be back Aug. 25 in the US vs Danny Geale on @HBOboxing in a unification bout. #boxing

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

That was a terrible stoppage.

What a crap ref...

laugh.gif

i just now watch the fight. how was it a bad stop? dude was dead on his feet and nobody complained about it been stop ring side

i like mitchell he needs to work on his defense tho, but he has showed heart,power and a skill set to be a good heavy weight

So im thinking of taking Canelo and Mayweather on a Parlay of a G
I would win 260-270 on it
Yal think is too much or easiest money just to sit on my *%! and enjoy the fight and pick it up towards the end

I think canelo takes way too many punches.

Lord bless him if he gets hit with a shane overhand right.

If he can weather that one or two bombs, canelo walks thru the fight and IMO onto a worthy fight wioth sergio or jcc jr

I think canelo takes way too many punches.

Lord bless him if he gets hit with a shane overhand right.

If he can weather that one or two bombs, canelo walks thru the fight and IMO onto a worthy fight wioth sergio or jcc jr
That's where I question Canelo.

One dude has stopped Margarito. That's Mosley. Yeah, it was three years ago, but we've seen much stranger things happen.

We either see that Mosley, or we see PBF Mosley.

But Canelo is not in the realm of PBF, and that's why I think Mosley has more than a fair chance come Saturday.

I agree and Shane went into Survival Mode vs Un-arguably the best two fighters walking the planet.

I agree and Shane went into Survival Mode vs Un-arguably the best two fighters walking the planet.
Well, can you blame him?
laugh.gif

One thing he isn't, is stupid.

He's seen PBF systematically destroy Hatton, JJM, and DLH, he's seen Manny relentlessly go after Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito, he knows how to do exactly that. Survive.

Canelo doesn't have the speed and power Manny has, and he's not nearly as talented in the ring as Floyd is. Those were Shane's two worst losses easily. I've never been a huge fan of Canelo in the first place though. I don't deny that he's a good up-and-coming boxer, but I just don't see anything about him that screams boxing star to me. I feel like a lot of people have been touting him as such, the next big thing, but I don't see it.

I'm very intrigued to see how he does though, I want him to do well, I just don't see it right now.

Chane will have his chances in this fight with Canelo because Canelo only knows one way to fight and that straight ahead all offense. Shane will have his moments to land the overhand right however you have to wonder if he's become alittle gun shy after those last two fights. Now I know that was against the two best fighters today but still mentally he might be afraid and go into a shell in the fight.

I want Shane to win, I feel that Canelo is expecting another fight like he had with Kermit Cintron where the name is bigger than the fight skills he possess at that point in their career. Shane might just be that, but we've seen Mosley turn back the clock with Mayorga (I know he's not that good, but experts said that could be the destruction of Shane because the way Mayorga did Verron (RIP VF) and Tony Margs. So it wouldn't suprise me one bit if he pulled it off.

Canelo may not be as skilled as Pacquiao or Mayweather, but he is BIGGER than them. Did you guys watch Mosley vs Sergio Mora? He did not do enough to beat Sergio Mora then a few months later Mora got KO'd by some bum. Alvarez is a little overrated, but he's too much for Mosley at this point. Remember we are talking about Shane Mosley, not Bernard Hopkins.

Alvarez by wide decision is the most likely outcome.

Back
Top Bottom