Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Good fight.

Those scores didn't reflect what took place in the ring.
Cotto's team put together a great fight plan.

9-3..cotto won 6,7,8 and won them nicely but he left it his all in those rounds and it showed, he was using that quick left jab nicely.

I think what Mayweather did is borderline genius.

He MAKES it a war with Cotto.

Makes himself out to be good guy Mayweather in the post fight interview.

Creates more fans for the Pacquiao fight.

$80-$90 million each fighter EASY

2v9dl79.jpg

ok, im on my 3rd viewing.
Floyd Mayweather is Great.

he dominated Cotto at his own game.

wow
what a performance by Floyd and Miguel.
pimp.gif
the one fight I should have paid for I didnt...
30t6p3b.gif

Floyd mashed the gas in round 4 and it was Ugly.

I think if he let them hands fly a lil more, he coulda have ended it there.

round 12 was basically the same as 4, thats how I thought Floyd was going to fight the whole fight. but he chose to bang and grind, and to my shock, he was WAY better at it than MAC

MAC is no chump neither, he was out there Winging his punches, but he really couldnt get that missile target lock on.

The fact that Floyd fought Cotto's fight was incredibly impressive. He really did bring the excitement last night. Floyd looked great out there and Cotto was awesome as well.

And Mayweather is reporting that he has a left hand injury.

I think that explains why he was getting away from that left uppercut that he was TAGGING Cotto with.

Gamboa is itching to sign with Mayweather Promotions.

Won't be surprised if Ellerbe and/or Haymon found some type of exit clause in his TR contract.

Was a good fight. A lot of action. I think everyone knew Mayweather would win, but Cotto definitely fought well.

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

I think what Mayweather did is borderline genius.

He MAKES it a war with Cotto.

Makes himself out to be good guy Mayweather in the post fight interview.

Creates more fans for the Pacquiao fight.

$80-$90 million each fighter EASY
this

@Marvin_Hagler

i agree, everyone is thinking what mayweather want everyone to think. he finally sacrificed some of himself to gain "good" fans and its working. smart man. all in all he has questionable tactics and intentions, but i respect the hustle.

Yall see it as being great. I see it as a %*$!! in the armour. Great heart by Cotto.Finally someone who was willing to fight.

I watched the fight at my boy's pace, wishing I had this **** on my DVR, need to rewatch because it was entertaining as hell.

great fight will ALWAYS respect Cotto. i thought the fight would go how it did in the 12th round. Floyd could have throwing a little bit more and it would of.

Floyds Defense tho
sick.gif
eek.gif
. he is without question the best of this era but where yall putting him for all time ranks now for that? very few if any i would put infront of him right now

-mosley please hang it up and not go down the same road Roy jones,james tony and hoilyfield is going. his wife didnt take that much did she?

-Caneo ant ready for floyd. the smartest thing that crack head Oscar has said in years is that he wont let him in the ring with floyd right now. HBO said it best last night, it would be Varges VS Félix Trinidad part 2.

-dont $@%$ pac VS floyd up arum

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

wow...I expected this thread to be packed. I guess if it doesn't have anything to do with Pac.......

laugh.gif
Hell are you talking about?

Impressive performance by PBF, I'm praying he does come back in September as planned.  I haven't been in the other thread, but did it explode because folks thought Cotto won or just the same PBF/Manny bickering?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

great fight will ALWAYS respect Cotto. i thought the fight would go how it did in the 12th round. Floyd could have throwing a little bit more and it would of.

-Caneo ant ready for floyd. the smartest thing that crack head Oscar has said in years is that he wont let him in the ring with floyd right now. HBO said it best last night, it would be Varges VS Félix Trinidad part 2.

-

Vargas has that fight, the low blows by Tito though....
grin.gif

I got lucky ang got great seats to the fight for $350 right after the Canelo vs Mosley fight. Had a great time, cant wait to watch the replay next week. Cotto had a great game plan. I was impressed how he used his strength to keep Mayweather in the corner. Mayweathers defense was just incredible though. I was also happy to see Mosley show some heart out there

After watching the fight again Mayweather did his thing. Cotto showed some heart as well. If I was in the Mayweather camp I'd tell him to get the Manny fight and dip. He's slowed down just enough to be hit with clean shots. His defense is still there, but as many boxing fans know its only a matter of time. I'd hate to see him travel down the same road as my boxing idol Roy Jones Jr. or Shane Mosely. I think Mayweather is a smart man however so I doubt it will happen.

Is it just me or should Alvarez put out Mosley at least by round 6 or 7? I can't believe that fight went the distance. Not sure if that's a testament to Mosley having a tough chin & being in top shape but damn, that youngster let that fight go 12 rounds...Not expecting much from him as a boxer...He's going to run into a tough fight & get knocked out hard...

Originally Posted by psk2310

Is it just me or should Alvarez put out Mosley at least by round 6 or 7? I can't believe that fight went the distance. Not sure if that's a testament to Mosley having a tough chin & being in top shape but damn, that youngster let that fight go 12 rounds...Not expecting much from him as a boxer...He's going to run into a tough fight & get knocked out hard...
No one has stopped Mosley. Like we discussed some pages back, he knows how to survive.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by psk2310

No one has stopped Mosley. Like we discussed some pages back, he knows how to survive.

Mosley has looked awful in his last 4 fights or so prior to this. He looked awful last night too.  But you're right, Mosley's always been a tough dude to knock out.

Canalo still should've knocked him out as young as he is, plus I heard some comments from De La Hoya pre & post fight saying he was basically going to be careful who Canalo fights which means they're not going to let him fight real fighters to pad his record...

Mark my words, he's going to fight someone unexpected & get rocked & then it will go downhill from there...

Back
Top Bottom