Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Just finished watching both episodes of 24/7
JCC trying to do the Floyd Mayweather training regimen, training "whenever he want's and at all hours of the night" :lol:
The way it's edited makes him look lazy, don't know if it's the editing or he really is

I do believe he is "lazy". Not something new in the sport but he's constantly struggling to make the weight, balloons heavily post weigh in and he's avoided post fight drug tests. Get the feeling that they cut corners and sort of cram come fight week.

:wow: at 50 & Pacquio now.

I swear the 50 rumor with Floyd's girl while he was locked up was the first thing I thought of when I heard of this.

Seriously, I wish nothing but the best for him. Being so positive and smiling through this whole situation is so inspirational. What would have broken most mentally has made him want to beat it even more. There's not much that would make me happier than him being right and walking again.

the SalonTalk Boxing thread
sick.gif
roll.gif

Naazim is gonna be in Sergio's corner? Am I late?

Completely forgot about Maidana/Soto-Karass is this weekend. I'm hoping Marcos goes down. Give him the pop he needs to recognize 147 is not for him.

Last edited:
Naazim is gonna be in Sergio's corner? Am I late?
Completely forgot about Maidana/Soto-Karass is this weekend. I'm hoping Marcos goes down. Give him the pop he needs to recognize 147 is not for him.
i just read the only bring him in for this fight to make sure JR wraps his hands right

aka playing mind games

Thinking about making the trip down to AC on November 17th to catch the Problem Broner. Ghost or DeMarco, possible opponents.

I would make the trip too most likely Demarco Broner dont want it with the Ghost. I was gonna hit BK for Garcia/Morales but passed card is weak.

Any betting going on guys def got Chavez to win it but I want Martinez to win. I going to put my chips on Chavez Jr just cause fat boy Sulaiman and Arum are on it.

Chavez Jr. looks like he stepped out of a Gulag. Looks drained, especially compared to Maravilla

Edit:

In his first public comments since arriving Friday in Las Vegas for a fight he was supposed to headline, Paul Williams expressed hope he can recover from the paralysis he sustained from the waist down in a May motorcycle accident.

Williams, 31, emerged as friends pushed him in a wheelchair through an elevator at the MGM Grand minutes before his originally scheduled opponent, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez of Mexico, weighed in at the Grand Garden Arena for his super-welterweight title fight against Josesito Lopez.

Asked how it was to return to a major fight card, Williams said, "I feel good. This ain’t nothing.

"This is a small thing for a giant."

The 6-foot-2, former world welterweight champion Williams (41-2, 27 knockouts) was announced in May as the 154-pound opponent of Alvarez in what was supposed to be a pay-per-view fight.

Top Rank Chairman Bob Arum, who’s promoting the middleweight title fight between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Sergio Martinez on Saturday night at Thomas and Mack Center, has said Williams’ involvement would’ve caused him to move Chavez-Martinez to Oct. 6.

Williams’ injury instead started a string of replacement opponents for Alvarez.

Williams expressed hope that he’ll be able to walk -- and fight -- again.

"I’ll come back, give it a year or two," he said. "If I get to be 34, maybe I won’t come back and fight, but I’ll get back in there if I’m 33."

Williams’ friends then wheeled him away to the weigh-in.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53285

Punisher.........:nthat:

Last edited:
I would make the trip too most likely Demarco Broner dont want it with the Ghost. I was gonna hit BK for Garcia/Morales but passed card is weak.
Any betting going on guys def got Chavez to win it but I want Martinez to win. I going to put my chips on Chavez Jr just cause fat boy Sulaiman and Arum are on it.
Let me know if you roll. Might hit the poker rooms for a couple hands as well.

Both camps (Broner and Ghost) are protecting against a fight with each other. Too much to lose for both fighters.

Love Pun's attitude. Talk about positive thinking. That boy got something beyond heart.

this is almost bitter sweet , its better for the sport if chavez wins at reigns for 10 years , but dude doesnt stand a chance

on earth to beat martinez , i think he'll show life up until the 6th round and martinez tko's him in the 10th/11th round.

it's bitter sweet because once martinez does become a huge name he's only gonna really hold it down for 2-3 years

and eventually become "the name" for the next up and coming fighter.

Former world champion Roman Martinez (25-1-1, 16 KOs) vs. Miguel Beltran Jr (27-1, 17 KOs) for the vacant WBO super featherweight title.

Olympic ring legend Guillermo Rigondeaux (10-0, 8 KOs) vs. Robert Marroquin (22-1, 15 KOs) for the WBA super bantamweight title held by Rigondeaux.

Middleweight contender Matthew Macklin (28-4, 19 KOs) vs. former 154lb. world champion Joachim Alcine (33-2-1, 19 KOs) in an important ten round scrap.

Notre Dame champion Mike Lee (10-0, 6 KOs) vs. Paul Harness (4-3-1, 3 KOs) in a four round light heavyweight bout.

Unbeaten John Jackson (13-0, 12 KOs), son of the famed Julian Jackson, vs. Willie Nelson (18-1-1, 11 KOs) for the vacant NABF light middleweight title.

KO artist Wale Omotoso (22-0, 19 KOs) vs. Daniel Sostre (11-6-1, 4 KOs) in an eight round welterweight matchup.

And Michael Medina (25-3-2, 19 KOs) vs. James Winchester (15-4, 5 KOs) in an eight round super welterweight battle.

The weigh in was crazy.  Sergio was ready to go psycho  on Jr.  
laugh.gif
  Stay focus man...  

If Martinez is focus and does what he does, I say ko.   

But as a betting man, I'll probably put a little doe on Jr and thats cuz I don't trust Arum.

Heated right now. Can't find a nearby sports bar showing the Maravilla vs. JCC, Jr., fight. Literally called every bar in Hoboken to roll with the homies. No luck. One owner said he cost him $2,000 to show the PPV at his venue.

Sticking with Maravilla by late-KO.

Back
Top Bottom