Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

I would say he's a bit overrated but I wouldn't say he's JUST living off the PW fight. Not many who fight more than once a year with a better resume than him since 09. Froch and Ward probably.

his last good win was VS paul williams. he has struggle his last 2 fights with above avg middleweights

Ricky Hatton Comeback: Lovemore N'dou Rumored as Possible Opponent

by Scott Christ on Sep 12, 2012 7:00 AM EDT in Boxing News Analysis

Ricky Hatton's return to boxing is coming soon, with an official announcement to be made Friday for a November 24 fight at MEN Arena in Manchester, and for the first time, an opponent has been rumored.

The Daily Star speculates that Lovemore N'dou, a gritty veteran who was to face Hatton five years ago, could be the comeback opponent for the "Hitman," who will turn 34 in a few weeks and has not fought since 2009.

Ndou said: "I have unfinished business with Hatton because he gave up his title instead of facing me."

Hatton (45-2, 32 KO) is expected to face someone on this level if not N'dou, and it's the right call. Ricky is supposedly really geared up for this, and we know he's gotten himself into physical shape recently, but three and a half years is a lot of rust to shake, too.

N'dou (49-13-2, 31 KO) is a former brief junior welterweight titlist, winning the IBF belt against Naoufel Ben Rabah in February 2007, and losing it four months later by wide decision to Paulie Malignaggi. He lost again to Malignaggi in 2008 on the Hatton vs Lazcano card, but was far more competitive in that bout, and then moved up to welterweight.

As a welterweight, N'dou has gone 3-2-1, beating Phillip N'dou, Bongani Mwelase, and most recently Gairy St. Clair, but losing clear decisions to Kermit Cintron and Kell Brook, while also going to a draw with Ricky's younger brother, Matthew Hatton. During that stretch he also lost a catchweight bout against Canelo Alvarez, and wasn't competitive.

In other words, N'dou is experienced, durable (he's never been stopped), and still game enough to beat guys who aren't top fighters or even second-tier fighters, but he's not a big puncher, he's not a top talent himself, and at 41 he's winding down what has been a solid career.

He would make perfect sense as a Hatton opponent, really. It's safe but not so safe that you can't learn anything about Hatton's comeback idea -- to put it in perspective a little, this isn't the sort of junk that Jermain Taylor and Andre Dirrell did last December on ShoBox, where they faced guys who had very little value in the position. N'dou would come to fight and to win. He's not at his best anymore, and he's not a contender, but he's still no easy out, and if he gives Hatton serious trouble, there could be valid second thoughts about Ricky going any further in the return.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/9/1...red-possible-opponent-november-24-boxing-news

Last edited:
his last good win was VS paul williams. he has struggle his last 2 fights with above avg middleweights

I get that but struggling/starting slowly and then coming on and dominating the final rounds against two top ten MW's should also count as good wins no?

Martinez is the only guy besides Hopkins to beat Pavlik. You can argue that was after Hopkins snatched his soul or whatever, but still.

So Pacquiao v Marquez IV is set fr December 8 in Mexico D.F.
:lol: hopefully there wont be no robs this time around

Curious why so many of you think JCC, Jr., will beat Martinez. Ghost and Pun victories not enough? I see Maravilla stopping the Mexican late.

No decision for Maravilla. He's an "unprotected fighter." JCC, Jr., is in line to be the next (Mexican) boxing star.

Curious why so many of you think JCC, Jr., will beat Martinez. Ghost and Pun victories not enough? I see Maravilla stopping the Mexican late.
No decision for Maravilla. He's an "unprotected fighter." JCC, Jr., is in line to be the next (Mexican) boxing star.

I think they believe ChAvez will get the dec. if the fight goes the distance. I have yet to see anyone's shots have much effect on Chavez. Not saying Martinez won't, it's still in the air.

I think they believe ChAvez will get the dec. if the fight goes the distance. I have yet to see anyone's shots have much effect on Chavez. Not saying Martinez won't, it's still in the air.
My belief is that Maravilla can't even allow the fight to go the distance, because he's losing any close bout on the cards. That's why I see his camp urging a late KO desperately.

Plus, who has ever put that constant pressure on Sergio? Who has ever taken the gameplan of breaking the body to Sergio? Tough to say how he'll react to it.

i have JCC winning because i think he breaks sergio down from body shots. JCC can take a punch we have seen segio always get knock down in a fight

JCC Jr. got a chin on him? Has he been really tested by heavy hands? Paul Williams had one of the better chins in recent memory.

JCC Jr. got a chin on him? Has he been really tested by heavy hands? Paul Williams had one of the better chins in recent memory.

definitely

and even vs lara Paul's Chin was Incredible.

Sergio hit him with a MONSTER shot. Sergio would Knock out Every fighter from 175 down with that shot.

If JCC eats that, he's counting Lights

I also have JCC Jr., Wouldn't say Sergio is overrated though.

I'd like to see Jr. step up his defense...

Can't wait for Saturday night. 8)

[h1]Pacquiao vs Marquez IV: Official Announcement Coming Sept. 18[/h1]
Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez will do it one more time -- hopefully for the final time -- on December 8 in Las Vegas. Bob Arum says the fight will be officially announced next Tuesday at a press conference in Los Angeles.

Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KO) and Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KO) have met on three occasions already, with none of the results proving satisfying. In 2004, they went to a thrilling draw, with Marquez battling back from three first round knockdowns to outbox the then-one-dimensional Pacquiao for the majority of the fight. In 2008, their best fight in my estimation, Pacquiao won a disputed split decision.

And last November, Pacquiao won a very disputed majority decision, in a fight where it seemed the majority of boxing fans felt Marquez had won the bout.

They have been the tightest rivals perhaps ever, their three fights and 36 rounds barely able to separate them on the official scorecards, let alone in the minds of the boxing public. No matter their age, their current status on pound-for-pound lists, or even the weight class, they can't help but be essentially dead even with one another.

The announcement has already met some backlash from some fans who are simply tired of the matchup and figure that there will never truly be a conclusive finish in this in-ring feud, and that the two could fight 100 times and have a debatable outcome every single time. That may be true. Another way to look at it is two of the premier fighters of a generation squaring off yet again, both still highly-regarded, even if they've lost a step or two, and both still eager to prove something against the other man.

This could also potentially be the swan song for Marquez, who just turned 39 a few weeks ago. Always a respected fighter, it took Marquez years to become a drawing card or attraction, and since his 2009 loss to Floyd Mayweather, he's definitely been able to put together a nice chunk of change for his retirement, and will get some more with this fight.

Will you be ordering on pay-per-view on December 8? I can frankly understand either reaction -- good or bad -- to this fight, and I think it's going to be interesting to see what the real response is now that it's official.

This fight on saturday gonna be good 
happy.gif

what skills does jr have?...none, since he is physically bigger than his opponents he takes the punches and therefore can walk his opponent down..thats it.

once he feels Martinez power he will go into a shell and no body punches will be thrown.

what skills does jr have?...none, since he is physically bigger than his opponents he takes the punches and therefore can walk his opponent down..thats it.
once he feels Martinez power he will go into a shell and no body punches will be thrown.
never happened before .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom