Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Inland Empire stand up
pimp.gif

I re-watched Matthyse... WOWWWWWW

on one of the replay angles you can see both Richard Schaeffer and his wife sitting there mouths wide open in disbelief when Soto goes down
laugh.gif

looks on they face was they both lost about 20 stacks on the fight
laugh.gif

Most of you already know how I feel about "vicious" but I do think he has some level of toughness. The reason folks are getting on him now is because once again (as Gunna said) he found his way out of a tough fight. There have been plenty of instances where fighters have fought with broken jaws. The fact that he didn't even attempt to come out and find a way to gut out three more rounds and win the fight. That's what people are pissed at. When you have a guy who has been put on a pedastal by GB and by himself over his career, you need to show more especially show that next level toughness. It's a big reason why people can't get behind him. Plus the fact that he seems to blatantly foul when he's being frustrated.

BTW, I thought Soto had just never been knocked out but he had never been knocked down before. Makes Matthyse's KO so much more impressive.

Originally Posted by Proshares

BTW, I thought Soto had just never been knocked out but he had never been knocked down before. Makes Matthyse's KO so much more impressive.

SON!!!!
pimp.gif

and he was DONE, the Ref could have stopped it after he got up b/c he clearly wasnt responding to instructions.
that last straight Right Matthysse  landed while Soto was wobbly was a Mortal Kombat finishing move. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

who between 140 and 147 can beat Matthyse besides Floyd/Pac?

JMM maybe? maybe...

I dont even wanna see him fight Maidano anymore.

get him in there with Khan or Bradley

sidenote, why did Lucas cut his ponytail? 
laugh.gif

And they missed the first knockdown in the second round.

I still wanna see the Maidana fight. I know I'm probably a little biased but I'm curious to see if Garcia has helped him in any way or if he's still the same bull being dopey and pulling up his trunks every 5 seconds.

I know you won't be behind this and it'll probably go the way you think it'd go but Guerrero is fighting at 147 so he's always out there
laugh.gif
for my money, give me Maidana - Khan - Mike Alvarado for him.

And they missed the first knockdown in the second round.

I still wanna see the Maidana fight. I know I'm probably a little biased but I'm curious to see if Garcia has helped him in any way or if he's still the same bull being dopey and pulling up his trunks every 5 seconds.

I know you won't be behind this and it'll probably go the way you think it'd go but Guerrero is fighting at 147 so he's always out there
laugh.gif
for my money, give me Maidana - Khan - Mike Alvarado for him.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
%#%@ gets on my nerves man.

And he still looked like crap for the first 6 rounds...what was the point?
laugh.gif

Via Rafael:

Canelo's likely opponent will be Trout, and the fight will be moved to regular Showtime...

Until Trout falls down some stairs, or puts his arm through a glass door. That card is cursed...I won't believe it till the night of.

So I guess...Top Rank won?

Maidana vs. Matthysse would make for a great fight. I don't know if they would fight each other since they are both from Argentina.

I'm still not sold on Matthysse. He seems like he would have trouble with fast, counter punchers. Soto's style was ideal for Matthysse because he has a come forward style. There's not a lot of movement there.

Originally Posted by maddog345

I'm still not sold on Matthysse. He seems like he would have trouble with fast, counter punchers. Soto's style was ideal for Matthysse because he has a come forward style. There's not a lot of movement there.
well, Lucas Definitely beat Alexander  and by alot. he was robbed. Alexanders speed didnt do a thing to him.

and he  lost a tight one to Zab and some argue he won.
IMO he gave away too many rounds and the late surge was too little/too late

One more round and he KOs Zab without a doubt.

as long as Matthyse sticks to the body work, he will have tame faster fighters.

the thing about Matthyse is, he has quick feet just average hand speed. its a weird dynamic that Im not really used to seeing. usually if you have quick feet, you have quick hands.

Oh and how did no one bring up that Tarver tested positive for steroids?

laugh.gif

Man, during the broadcast Gus Johnson mentioned Berto's positive test and it seemed to me like he was uneasy about  talking about PEDs at all. I got the feeling the producers told them to avoid the topic as much as possible.  Not saying it's true, just my gut feeling.

They'll NEVER put Lara in there with Canelo
laugh.gif

Why would you? At least, RIGHT NOW. Esp if you're trying to build Canelo as a PPV attraction (Still think he needs to learn English to better promote himself) He brings absolutely NO money to the table, on top of the fact that Canelo would prob lose.

Neither does Austin Trout though. PW doesn't really either. Canelo was gonna sell either way, I don't think PBF/Cotto was doing those big numbers without his buys. I'd just like to see them put him in there with someone who has a chance not someone who is going to make it like watching paint dry like Trout will. As young as he is, it's time for him to fight guys who he'll have to work to beat you know?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by maddog345

well, Lucas Definitely beat Alexander  and by alot. he was robbed. Alexanders speed didnt do a thing to him.

and he  lost a tight one to Zab and some argue he won.
IMO he gave away too many rounds and the late surge was too little/too late

One more round and he KOs Zab without a doubt.

as long as Matthyse sticks to the body work, he will have tame faster fighters.

the thing about Matthyse is, he has quick feet just average hand speed. its a weird dynamic that Im not really used to seeing. usually if you have quick feet, you have quick hands.

Matthysse beat Alexander hands down. But Alexander is not a good counter puncher. Not to mention everytime Devon throws a punch, he sounds like a tennis player. Devon got exposed before when he fought Kotelnik.

Lucas could have beat Zab but he came on too late. He started too slow in that fight.

I just need to see some more of Matthysse. I do hope the networks showcase some more of his fights.

i don't think Matthysse would fight Maidana since they're both from Argentina.

i like them both, but side more with Maidana.

and yeah Top rank won. Sergio Martinez ftw

Austin Trout
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Top Rank def won this one! Ortiz will do a rematch clause with Lopez late Dec. or early Jan. 

What was the deal with the Ortiz fight? I didn't get to watch it. Was he in the fight and retired after the broken jaw?

Gets worse for Canelo:

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Regarding next for @caneloOficial, Richard Schaefer tells me this evening: 'It won't be Trout and it won't be Showtime.' The plot thickens.
about 13 hours ago

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
If it's not Trout for @caneloOficial I bet Richard Schaefer is awaiting the outcome of Saturday's Bundrage-Spinks II. #boxing
about 13 hours ago

BTW, Alexander vs. Bailey got made for August.

It looks like Marcos Maidana will continue fighting at welterweight. He is scheduled to fight Keith Thurman. This is bad fight for Maidana. Keith is a real big puncher with good boxing ability.Keith got beat out in the Olympic trials by Demetrius Andrade .I see Maidana possibly being stopped in the middle rounds. Anybody know of any good betting sights 
nerd.gif

I def. didnt like how maidana looked at 147.

They are saying Garcia has him Ripped right now a good 4 weeks away from his fight.

I dont know how much better he can look as his hands/feet are just way too slow.

Maidana needs to go back down to 140. He looked like a completely different fighter at 147. His power wasn't a factor against Devon.

Unless Garcia has made some magical transformations (Maidana's god awful stamina), I expect to see the same Maidana that fought Alexander.

The power wasn't there and Devon pretty much toyed with him and didn't let him touch him with any power shots. I can't really recall Maidana landing anything big. I really thought this fight was at 140. I could definitely see him on the deck a couple times.

Back
Top Bottom