Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

He came in a at 143 this morning
such a joke :smh:

Inexcusable.

I want to be a fan of Broner cause of his talent....but son is making it hard to, with the over the top Floyd copy-catting and the unprofessionalism that this shows.

Last edited:
i mean did they really think dude woud lose weight over night? if someone how he made weight u couldnt count on him having no engery to fight tonight

10 lb limit rehydration at 9:30 isnt too much to ask imo

totally agree. Plus from what I read, Escobedo's camp was mad because after coming 3.5 overweight, he was drinking water at the weigh in, acting like nothing was wrong. And if he's drained from having to be 10 lbs over the limit the next day (which is entirely reasonable), then he shouldn't have weighted 135.5 the day before the fight. He pretty much doesn't care that he's overweight and is going to force Escobedo to go through with the fight even with a major disadvantage just so his team can collect their paycheck. Just really poor form, and bad business.

Mayweather did the same thing to Marquez in their fight too, really wasn't fair to JMM.

broner is such a clown bro , he picked the worst time to not make weight , he was supposed to

start making noise , people comparing him to floyd need to calm down , because his version of

the philly shell looks like how floyd fights now at age 35 , floyd was FAR more dynamic at broners age.

HOW DO YOU COME IN 12 POUNDS OVERWEIGHT.................thats absurd bro , have so

damn respect for your craft , he's a good fighter but in terms of prospect he's no better

than khan or alexander at age 23 .... and look at what happened to those guys when they

got thrown to the wolves.

Floyd said it best , we all make look the same the same but we don't all fight the same.

Disappointed in Broner. The respect I did have for him is gone. After not making weight the first time, he clearly did not care because he started drinking water right after. I've heard that Broner is currently weighing in at 148 lbs.

This dude was eating twinkles on twitter? SMH

Nothing new. He post Cheetos, hot pickles and candy too. He even said some weeks back that he feels sorry for fighters who can't make weight :lol:

I'm no boxing expert so how bad is missing the set weight?

Edit: never mind I read the disappointments last page :lol:

They brushed his hair pre fight :lol:

I support my city but not this guy.

Last edited:
This fight is boring. The first one was better

Yeah. Its a big time mismatch. Too strong and fast.

The body types are very different. The true tests comes when he fights guy near his caliber.

Good job of AB going over post fight to check on the guy. Alicia Reece 8)

Oh God what is this guy doing. She look good though.

I know he has "fun" but he's just too much for his own good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom