Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

I don't know how cats are hatin on these...I hope the hype doesnt build up towards RD or cats pockets are hurtin from all the heat that's been releasing...CG9, BRed11 and maybe the stealth foams to end what has been a great year for my collection!!!

I don't know how cats are hatin on these...I hope the hype doesnt build up towards RD or cats pockets are hurtin from all the heat that's been releasing...CG9, BRed11 and maybe the stealth foams to end what has been a great year for my collection!!!

I think it's just the overload of IXs we've been getting and the Bred IVs, XIs, and stealth Foams coming out so close to these.

The thirst is starting to begin for these.

Hope some Lebrons or KDs come out the same day, so the youngins can beast over, allowing another easy cop, like the Slims (for me).
Stealth Foams the day before.  Unfortunately for me those are the shoe most are likely to go after.

Highly doubt anyone is beasting over GR KDs over Jordans.  DMVs come out the same day as the Cool Grey's and are going to be a GR.

Those three shoes are all I need for December personally.  Most people will more than likely be saving up for XI's and tents for the campout.

The thirst is starting to begin for these.
Hope some Lebrons or KDs come out the same day, so the youngins can beast over, allowing another easy cop, like the Slims (for me).

I don't see these as being hard to get.

I have a feeling people will be more concerned with the stealth foams, blk/red XI, and thunder IV over these.

Not me though. CG IX are :smokin

Miss my 02's best IX IMO or just as good as the Wht/Blk. Won't be copping hope all y'all grab a pair easy.

Rondo deserves his own shoe with Nike not JB. It'd be a business gamble sure because he doesn't get much love outside of Boston but imo the man deserves a $250mill shoe contract like Rosé

While I agree he's a great player & probably the best passer in the game, I don't really see him being able to sell shoes for Nike/JB especially considering the big names they've already got.

My 02 pair were starting to yellow on the grey patent parts so I'm thirstin for another fresh pair.

I see some '02's DS pairs on ebay with the patent already yellowed and dudes still asking for $300+ for them :x

Same goes with the 2001 Columbia 11's. Yellowed patent = devalued in my opinion

I need a new pair badly!

Only rocked my 02s twice. Notice a Lil separation at the toe And ain't touched them since.

My 02 pair were starting to yellow on the grey patent parts so I'm thirstin for another fresh pair.

I see some '02's DS pairs on ebay with the patent already yellowed and dudes still asking for $300+ for them :x

Same goes with the 2001 Columbia 11's. Yellowed patent = devalued in my opinion

Yeah that's ridiculous. :smh:

piss color Columbia 11's :x

Last edited:
Never been a huge fan of IXs (only own the powder blues) but these are def a CLEAN cw. Passed on the CG XIs but may bite if these look good in person, not gonna stress if I miss out though.

Passing on the XIs anyways, since I already own the CDPs and feel like getting some extra sleep that day.

Hopefully these sit like last years "the last shot". It would be an easy pick up to head over to the mall in the afternoon.

No diss but ya'll are crazy if you think these will sit--- 9s have been selling relatively well as of late (even these BS colors they are putting out :lol: couple that with a "cool grey" CW and you got sold out instantly. MAYBE they will sit in GS sizes, and that's a huge maybe. I don't think it'll be pandemonium, but I think they'll sell out. Online definitely.

Yea, it'll be Olives all over again unfortunately :smh: Think I'll save myself the trouble and just pre-order. I ACTUALLY want these... which is saying a lot, cuz I haven't copped/wanted a pair of Js since the concords.

Last edited:
^^ You are correct. They will slap that limited tag on them just like they did the Olives. Even I thought that the Olives was gonna sit.

^^ You are correct. They will slap that limited tag on them just like they did the Olives. Even I thought that the Olives was gonna sit.

wasn't nobody checking for Olives like that even when they originally dropped :lol: :lol: That's the sad part. Matter of fact I used to clown them (I still think they are ugly)

Can't believe you prefer CDP BRed XI over 2012s.
I'm impressed.

I may have never owned the OGs or 2001s, but I definitely know what cardboard (CDP breds) feels like! TBH I'm just not bothering with this release as I'm ok with not camping/fighting the crowds. *kanyeshrug*

My brother wore his DS '02s this past weekened. Didn't even last an hour until they started cracking on the side..

Shouldn't be putiing your boxes so close to light i guess.

I will probably pick these up before release day, I don't mind paying a little extra, just not OD extra.

Favorite IXs aside from the W/B colorway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom