Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

I'm glad Robbie got picked. I feel bad for guys who are so amazing in college, but their efforts dont amount to a high draft pick.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Davis and Miller in the NO. 
smokin.gif

Miller is a steal this late in the draft, as was Doron. 
Doron is a solid player.  Watching him play, you'd think he would be a 1st rounder. I heard on ESPN MKG was crying over losing a few games at Kentucky.  He better brace himself for Charlotte 
laugh.gif

Robert Sacre! Good pick Laker, he was outstanding in college, and a really positive force on the floor....another glad I'm glad to see picked

Bobcats got #2 right.
Waiters at 4? again, like him filling a role - do not like taking him at 4 in this draft. Being a mini D-Wade is great. But D-Wade is a freak athlete at 6'4, not just a decent one. And defends and makes plays outside of scoring (when healthy), does Waiters? 

Like rolling the dice with the Drummond pick. If he pans out - he's exactly what Monroe needs to next him and Monroe is exactly what Drummond needs next to him.

There's another side to the story of drafting Austin Rivers and having Eric Gordon other than the moronic idea that he can play PG, right? Right? 

Good fit for Sullinger. Not been a fan of his in this draft but now got to a point where he has value. Rondo will go crazy having another guy who can't run the floor but for Sullinger - a good fit personally. 

I love Jared Cunningham, happy to see him go in Round 1. Mavs get both he and Bernard James? 2 of the better defenders in this draft. I'd probably say 2 of the top 5.

Miles Plumlee. Lol.

PJIII - steal. Maybe? feels like each year a talented guy drops like a rock and we all call it a steal and then...well, not much. But on paper it looks great.

I like the Teague pick for Chicago. But have gone with Tyshawn instead. Tyshawn and Rose could have played together, don't know if Teague/Rose offer that versatility but Teague can defend and will do well there. 

Barton and Taylor picks both had a lot of value IMO. DJO to the Lakers as well later on. 

Pays to be 7 feet. LSU !$$*%!! sucked and I thought Justin Hamilton might be the 3rd best player on that team and he goes mid-2nd round.

Drew Gordon, Scott Machado, Tony Mitchell, Reggie Hamilton, Kevin Jones- best undrafted guys to me. Actually kind of stunned Gordon and Machado didn't get picked somewhere. 

someone take toney Douglas and laundry fields for anyone edit: dosent have to be draft picks

who are the guys who can come in and contribute right now?

Of course Anthony Davis went #1, and I think he will be just fine, but I also think it will take a couple years for him to put it all together.

So who do you think will be the most effective rookies next year?

Danny ainge just told beat reporters that sullinger has a "disk" issue in his back that may or may not require surgery further tests to be done.

Surprised Casper Ware wasn't drafted. I like him more than some of those guards toward the end of the draft. I thought the Lakers would draft him with sessions up in the air. 

Well I am somewhat happy with the Blazers. Leonard was a wasted pick though, should have went with Lamb or Zeller. I like the Barton pick in the 2nd, think he could really work out as a good backup at the least.

Glad we passed on Barnes. So many people up here are mad we passed
roll.gif
Dude is going to be a bust. Hopefully we can sign a big in FA since we have a lot of cap space to work with.

Also glad to see MKG go 2nd. He was the 2nd best player even over T-Rob.

I though the Cavs were going to make some noise, they did but all for the wrong reasons
roll.gif

Since 2003, in just the first round alone, the Sixers have drafted Dahntay Jones, Andre Iguodala, Joey Graham, Thabo Sefolosha, Rodney Carney, Thaddeus Young, Evan Turner and Moe Harkless. Atleast we know what type of player they like.

I love Jared Cunningham, happy to see him go in Round 1. Mavs get both he and Bernard James? 2 of the better defenders in this draft. I'd probably say 2 of the top 5.

Jae Crowder isnt exactly a defensive slouch either

Wroten is the probably the first elite body control athlete we've ever had in Memphis. 
laugh.gif

I would've been fine with Green, but he didn't bring that much more to the table when we have Arthur, Cunningham and ZBO. The good thing about the pick is that Wallace made the pick and it wasn't Heisley. I'm pretty excited to see how he pans out.

Back
Top Bottom