Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Worst case/Best case

Anthony Davis - Joakim Noah/Kevin Garnett
Michael Kidd Gilchrist - taller, saner Tony Allen/Gerald Wallace
Thomas Robinson - Kris Humphries/Al Horford
Harrison Barnes - Jared Dudley/Danny Granger
Jared Sullinger - better rebounding Glen Davis/Paul Millsap

I'm dubious about the other prospects (Andre Drummond, Bradley Beal, Jeremy Lamb, etc)

Some of the claims in the last few pages of this thread 
laugh.gif

I find it funny that the knock on Lillard is that he's too passive.

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

I just don't get the Anthony Davis hype. I don't see him being anything more than DeAndre Jordan with a decent jumper. Can't play 1-on-1 defense, has no post game, won't be able to camp the lane and weakside block in the NBA. If I have the #1 pick I'm taking MKG.
It's alright basketball is not for everyone, there are lots of other sports out there to watch. 

Glen Davis is soft, and has limited offensive basketball iq, the only resemblance he bares to sully is that he is the also a short pf, Sully is not even that fat.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I just don't get the Anthony Davis hype. I don't see him being anything more than DeAndre Jordan with a decent jumper. Can't play 1-on-1 defense, has no post game, won't be able to camp the lane and weakside block in the NBA. If I have the #1 pick I'm taking MKG.
It's alright basketball is not for everyone, there are lots of other sports out there to watch. 

Glen Davis is soft, and has limited offensive basketball iq, the only resemblance he bares to sully is that he is the also a short pf, Sully is not even that fat.
you talking about yourself? everytime you post i still laugh at your ******ed assertion that larry bird was a great one on one defender

Someone called Perry Jones an aging Kevin Garnett.
that's about as spot on as comparisons come.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

you talking about yourself? everytime you post i still laugh at your ******ed assertion that larry bird was a great one on one defender
laugh.gif
 and Joakim Noah is head and shoulders better than Marc Gasol
But, we all make terrible assessments, so its not a big deal.

Perry Jones wishes he could be half the defender an aging Kevin Garnett is.

Edit:
I regret to inform you that I will not looses any sleep, especially when it's coming from someone who appears to have the reading comprehensions skills of Derrick Rose
fdgasvhdjndhsaf

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

I said Larry Bird was a great defensive player, high level basketball IQ allowed him to overcome any physical limitations he may have had, and also an excellent defensive rebounder for a 3.

He's 24th all time in steals, he averaged nearly 2 per game playing 3/4, in 88-89 when Bird only played 3 games the Celtics fell from being a top 5-10 defense consistently to 20th out of 25 in defensive efficiency.

Was old 300 pound back brace Larry bird a poor man on man defender? probably. ever since his first injury boston never again were a top 5 defense, but a healthy Larry when was quicker then his whiteness would have you believe, and the Celtics throughout the years there defense performance was drastically effected when he does not play.

Now you would understand this if you had the intelligence, or the critical thinking skills required to deduce this through film, stats, and anecdotal evidence you would get this, but you clearly do not. So you can continue to snicker endlessly while calling me "******ed", I regret to inform you that I will not looses any sleep, especially when it's coming from someone who appears to have the reading comprehensions skills of Derrick Rose

EDIT

anybody have this.
nerd.gif

http://t.co/RYSOXKs6

Originally Posted by The Wizard

laugh.gif

What more would people have liked him to do? 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif

What more would people have liked him to do? 
"As a point guard, you want guys to be more assertive, more aggressive, and [Lillard]'s more passive, which is a rarity," a Northwest scout said.

From David Aldridge's article in which ranked the PG's in the draft based off info from scouts.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Did Trey Burke make a decision?

Yep. He's in. Just announced.

One of these PG's HAS to go back. If this draft is so weak on PG's, what's next year going to be?

It's gotten to the point where people keep saying that this draft lacks top PGs, that every PG in the top 50 is declaring.

Perry Jones an aging KG.
laugh.gif
.. God.

So who is the PG left with egg on his face?

Davis was outplayed by white guys named Zeller 3 times, and I think at best they will both be backups/low-end starters in the NBA. I'm not saying he won't be good/can't be coached, but its going to take a while.

UK's defense was built around forcing players into the lane where Davis could alter shots. NBA rules won't let him just set up in the lane for as long as he wants.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Did Trey Burke make a decision?

Yep. He's in. Just announced.

One of these PG's HAS to go back. If this draft is so weak on PG's, what's next year going to be?
horrific, looks like the golden age of PG's coming to end end, I don't really see any big time PG's on the horizon for 2012 2013.

Back
Top Bottom