Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

Davis was outplayed by white guys named Zeller 3 times, and I think at best they will both be backups/low-end starters in the NBA. I'm not saying he won't be good/can't be coached, but its going to take a while.

UK's defense was built around forcing players into the lane where Davis could alter shots. NBA rules won't let him just set up in the lane for as long as he wants.

But his defense alone is worthy of the #1 pick...his offense will be raw coming into the league; no doubt - but he'll be a top-5 in his position within 3 years.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Did Trey Burke make a decision?

Yep. He's in. Just announced.

One of these PG's HAS to go back. If this draft is so weak on PG's, what's next year going to be?
horrific, looks like the golden age of PG's coming to end end, I don't really see any big time PG's on the horizon for 2012 2013.
Yogi Ferrell will be legit.

Apparently D. Thomas is entering as well ... Has a kid and thinks he can make the jump ... Big mistake IMO its gonna be hard raising a kid while playing in turkey

Love Burke as a college point, NBA? Eh. No. Could have stayed and played on a top team and gone 1st round next year..now he'd have to really show well in workouts to sneak in the back end of it, I'd think.

If I got a kid to raise...I'd rather get 6 or 7 figures to play in Turkey than to go to school unless coming back was going to make me a top 10 pick

Re: Sullinger

Why can't he develop a 3 point shot? 40% from out there this year. Avg of 1/gm. Not like Love went 3-crazy in college. Only took 2/gm & shot 35%.

He's also a good FT shooter.

In terms of in the paint, he'll be in-between Big Baby & Kevin Love.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

If I got a kid to raise...I'd rather get 6 or 7 figures to play in Turkey than to go to school unless coming back was going to make me a top 10 pick

I'm no draft expert, but IF he comes back I would assume he is lottery bound... obviously he would need to improve, but he will be putting up mad stats especially with Sully gone..

Jeremy Lamb = Nick Young
Jared Sullinger = Carlos Boozer
MKG = Gerald Wallace
Harrison Barnes = Luol Deng
Anthony Davis = KG

i dont get how lamb=Nick young? everything holding young back is that he is dumb as hell and a ball hog. 2 things u dont say about lamb

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I think Perry Jones might become a bum in the league.

THIS. His inconsistency and lack of killer instinct is frustrating
30t6p3b.gif

I eman i didn't watch a lot of Lamb this year, how was used in the UCONN offense, did he have a lot of ball handling responsibilities, did he have to facilitate or make decisions?   Or was he strictly used as a sport up isolation scorer?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Jeremy Lamb = Nick Young
Jared Sullinger = Carlos Boozer
MKG = Gerald Wallace
Harrison Barnes = Luol Deng
Anthony Davis = KG

i dont get how lamb=Nick young? everything holding young back is that he is dumb as hell and a ball hog. 2 things u dont say about lamb

What were the knocks on NY when he came out of USC....he was arguably better than Lamb, so I don't see how the comparison is that far off.  VERY similar skill-set. 

Jeremy Lamb actually has somewhat of a decent basketball IQ. Maybe it's the disciplined structure of college basketball but I haven't seen him take too many fade away 20 footers after dribbling the shot clock down to 3 seconds.

Dom Cheek is really about to declare.

And this is really the funniest thing I've heard all year.

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

I think Perry Jones might become a bum in the league.

THIS. His inconsistency and lack of killer instinct is frustrating
30t6p3b.gif

Yup. And when I seen this here - I knew he doesn't have what it takes:

RT @DanWolken I asked Perry Jones what it was like to be expected to be best player on floor every game. "I get tired of it a little bit." about 17 hours ago
30t6p3b.gif

dude alwaysssss looks disintrested... only time I EVERRR seen him man the %!$+ up is when he took out Davis and then once he realized he was hurt tried to get his bully ball on... thats the only thing Ive seen from him all season that says NBA player to me. Poor mans Anthony Randall masquaerading like hes the next Rashard Lewis

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

Davis was outplayed by white guys named Zeller 3 times, and I think at best they will both be backups/low-end starters in the NBA. I'm not saying he won't be good/can't be coached, but its going to take a while.

UK's defense was built around forcing players into the lane where Davis could alter shots. NBA rules won't let him just set up in the lane for as long as he wants.
I completely disagree with you.
Who's the last 18/19 year old guy you've seen dominate the game like Davis did on the college level?

Scouts divided on Sullinger's NBA fit 

April, 4, 2012

APR 4

By Chad Ford

According to reports, Ohio State forward Jared Sullinger is declaring for the NBA draft.

The news will be met with a mixed reaction from scouts.

Sullinger has been one of the two or three most dominant big men in the NCAA the past two years. He's a load in the paint and excels both as a scorer and as a rebounder. His thick frame allows him to get and keep great position on the block. He's one of the NCAA's best scorers with his back to the basket. He has a very high basketball IQ and it shows at both ends. He's very skilled for a player his age, has terrific hands and shows advanced post moves around the basket. He also continues to improve his face-the-basket game and can even shoot the 3 when called upon. Defensively, he's one of the top rebounders in college basketball. His 30.39 PER ranked 10th among current college players.

Nevertheless, there are major question marks for Sullinger. Despite his slimmed-down physique, Sullinger is an underwhelming athlete. He plays mostly below the rim, doesn't move well laterally and at times still struggles with his conditioning. What complicates matters is that Sullinger is severely undersized for his most natural position (center) and even undersized for the 4 at the next level. His long arms make up some of that difference, but it's been pretty clear for the past two seasons that Sullinger struggles when playing against length.

His last game of the season -- a 5-for-19 performance against Kansas in the Final Four -- highlighted those weaknesses. KU's Jeff Withey intimidated him in the paint all game (in fairness to Sullinger, Withey set an NCAA record for blocks in the tournament; he was swatting everyone) and Sullinger struggled. That will be the image that he's going to have to overcome between now and draft day.

Will his game translate to the next level? There is a major debate going on among scouts on that question. Few scouts will go so far as to compare him to Kevin Love (another undersized big man who struggled with conditioning). Love is more skilled, plays harder, is a little bit bigger and is a little bit better as an athlete. Some look to Zach Randolph and see a comp. Others see Paul Millsap. If he's any of these players, he's worthy of a top-10, maybe top-5 pick in the upcoming draft.

However, other scouts worry that Sullinger could end up being more of a Glen Davis-type big man at the next level. If that's the case, a team is safer taking him somewhere in the late lottery to mid-first round.

Much of his success may depend on how hard he's willing to work and how committed he's going to be to staying in shape at the next level.

We have Sullinger ranked No. 11 on our Big Board and have him going No. 12 to the Milwaukee Bucks in our latest Lottery Mock Draft. However, he could go several spots higher or lower depending on his workouts.

Sullinger is a certified BUM.

got crucified for saying this 2/3 weeks ago
he's better off getting drafted by a playoff team...if he goes lottery he will not live up to expectations 

Back
Top Bottom