Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Was this you guys graduating class or some $*#!? Let's leave off LeBron and CP3's names since that's probably what's making you guys overrate the class....you really think Luol Deng, Kendrick Perkins, Ronnie Brewer, Paul Milsap, Trevor Ariza, Kris Humphries and Aaron Brooks has turned out to be an impressive group of former All Americans? And MAYBE 2007 is better? Yeah buddy, even leaving off Derrick Rose and Blake Griffin you still have Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, James Harden, DeAndre Jordan, Mike Beasley, OJ Mayo, Jeff Teague, Evan Turner and Dajuan Blair just to name a few. You take off Durant and Oden from the 06 class and you still have Ty Lawson, Thad Young, Brook Lopez, Chase Budinger, Spencer Hawes, DJ Augistin, Mike Conley, Gerald Henderson, Taj Gibson, Darrell Arthur among others. Just stop.

How can you take of LeBron and CP3 and try to compare them to other classes? They're the lynchpins of the class, buddy. 06 is not even in the conversation of being better than the 03 class.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

How can you take of LeBron and CP3 and try to compare them to other classes? They're the lynchpins of the class, buddy. 06 is not even in the conversation of being better than the 03 class.

Oh..my..god. You take off those two players and that class is trash. Luol "All-Star" Deng and a handful of NBA role players. What the hell do you not understand? You take off the two "lynchpins" of those other classes and you still have a nice group of players....that 06 class was awesome. You taking Luol Deng, Shannon Brown, Paul Milsap, Aaron Brooks, Kendrick Perkins and Trevor Ariza over Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, James Harden, Mike Beasley, OJ Mayo, DeAndre Jordan, Patrick Patterson, Jeff Teague, Chandler Parsons and Evan Turner? That 03 class outside the two "lynchpins" barely even beats out a similiarly weak 05 class outside of the two "lynchpins" with Lou Williams, Tyler Hansbrough, Wilson Chandler, Mario Chalmers, Darren Collison, Brandon Rush, Danny Green, Gerald Green and Josh McRoberts. All the classes I listed were 20+ NBA guys deep that are in rotations with their current teams....that's the definition of a good CLASS. The hell does this even have to do with Harrison Barnes in high school vs Luol Deng in high school? Go watch football highlights.
I now hope Barnes takes a dump on the Bulls and whatever team DaComeUp supports.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Bron has huge potential to be a top-10 player.

Wade is the second best SG since Jordan retired.

That's enough to make 03 draft better, not mentioning Bosh or any of those other cats.

And if you take Kobe and Shaq off the Lakers, their whole team from 00-02 was trash. And if you take Pitt and Norton out of Fight Club, the whole movie's cast is trash. And if you...

We were talking about the 2003 high school basketball class, not the 2003 NBA Draft. Here comes all of the high post count Niketalkers to the rescue, using movie casts and actual NBA rosters from the early 2000's as examples of things that have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I heard Royce White's interview went over so well, he may have increased his stock to as high as 7 with Golden State indicating they like him. Bummer.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

We were talking about the 2003 high school basketball class, not the 2003 NBA Draft. Here comes all of the high post count Niketalkers to the rescue, using movie casts and actual NBA rosters from the early 2000's as examples of things that have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Just using examples that are as relevant as your taking out LeBron and CP3 from their draft class.

looks at post.........looks at thread title

I think all they are simply saying is you can't fairly judge something by stripping it of key ingredients. If you are going to take players from 1 hs class than a fair comparison would be to take two players from the class that you were comparing it to. That is all they are saying. There is no need to if this debate because a hs class is a hs class.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think all they are simply saying is you can't fairly judge something by stripping it of key ingredients. If you are going to take players from 1 hs class than a fair comparison would be to take two players from the class that you were comparing it to. That is all they are saying. There is no need to if this debate because a hs class is a hs class.

Uh...that's the point I did make. That if you take Blake Griffin and Rose out of their class, take out Durant and Oden, take out Tyreke and Jrue, take out Bynum and Monta you still have like 20 dudes from each of those classes that are still making an impact on an NBA team right now (some of which being All-Stars/Olympians), which is why they were really good classes as a whole. I don't know how there's any debate on that.
But yeah, this thread is on the 2012 NBA Draft....so carry on.

Blazers drafting Drummond? Him and LMA could be gross

If that trade went down, I'd be pumped because Barnes or Beal will be their at 6 most likely, then T.Jones at 11? Maybe even Leonard ... options.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Wade is the second best SG since Jordan retired.

Ya'll just gonna act like he didn't type this?  Nobody is gonna say nothing? 

What is there to day, Kobe and Wade are the two best SG's since Jordan, he put Wade after Kobe not exactly a crazy opinion. 

That trade is just a rumor at this point, obviously, but if the Blazers think Drummond is taken by the Kings at 5, then moving up makes sense. For the Cavs, if they're confident one of their guys will be there at 6, then I like it and add another solid pick at 11.

I think Monstar read that post wrong ..

Big J - Yeah well assuming Drummond would go top 5 along with Davis, MKG, T-Rob... There would be either Beal or Barnes at 6.

I think it'd be a good move and 11 would be another solid spot because of how deep this draft is

Back
Top Bottom