Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

I don't know if it's been changed, but can you trade retired players?

Brad Miller announced his retirement last year.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Just came into type this....

Originally Posted by MMG

Question Osh

who do you compare barnes to?

ceiling and floor ?
Draftxpress's is pretty acurate.

Luol Deng maybe, not as good defensively and Aaron Afflalo floor.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Barnes has a shooting stroke and scoring instincts (includes midrange game,3 point shot). 

He can't get to the basket, if you can't get to the basket you don't have scoring instincts. Austin Rivers has scoring instincts, Dion Waiter has scoring instincts Harrison Barnes just takes a lot of shots.
At this point it seems like you just hate the guy
laugh.gif
. Certain teams need a go2 option (Cavs, Bobcats, Kings) RIGHT NOW alot more than they need someone who will bring them all the intangibles needed to win a championship.

IMO Barnes will have a better NBA Career than college career, and for a fact a better career than Austin Rivers and Dion.

I don't hate him, I'm not even saying that Austin and Waiters necessarily better than him. BUT MKG? People overate offense and downplay defense like it's not half the game.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Irving is your go to option. Barnes is your 2nd option. I'll much rather him be my 2nd option than MKG.
And where are you getting "Barnes doesn't have good scoring instincts" from? His footwork is great and always seem to find space between him and the defender to get off his shot. He's doing this WITHOUT  great ball handling. Not to mention, he's good at ball fakes and above average at getting to the line.

HE CAN'T GET INTO THE PAINT. He's 6'8 thats how he gets off his jumper, he doesn't have great scoring instings, guys who have that get in the mother +!##%!% paint.  Look ho useless he was without Kendall Marshall, guys who are real bonafied scorers don't need PG's to spoon feed them shots.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Barnes can attack the basket well despite what most people perceive. The way UNC's offense is set up they wanted Marshall facilitating the ball to guys on the court and pushing the pace when they could. They didn't wanna just give Barnes the ball and let him go iso like other schools probably would have let him do all game. He's also not too shabby of a defender himself.
1. No he can't.

2. They tried to give the ball to Barnes and he filed miserably ask Larry Drew. He needs Kendall, to get him open looks becuase he struggles to get them by himself.

3. You know, Miles Plumelee is not to shabby of a shot blocker, but he's not anthony davis, yes Barnes is a solid defender, but there is still a rather large difference between him and MKG, who profiles as an elite multi positional shutdown defender.

Budinger to the Wolves for #18..

What are the Rockets trying to do with those 3 picks
nerd.gif

• Back to the Lakers. If the Cavs are able to move up and nab Beal at No. 2, there’s talk the Lakers would be willing to make life easy for the Wizards and help them move out of the third spot. It would likely take power forward Pau Gasol. Far-fetched for now, but don’t be surprised if it’s something that’s explored in the right situation.

• Wizards big man Andray Blatche could also be part of that, or another, trade.

SMH (if true)
30t6p3b.gif

NBA Rumors & Draft News

If Barnes struggles to get into the paint now, imagine later on?

Just not enough potential for me to take him that high.

@DraftExpress Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.

nerd.gif

Edit:

JapanAir21 wrote:

I don't think he's filed the paperwork yet.

if the wizards do get pau what do they with that lineup? 3 big guys in pau, nene and now okafor with overpaid contracts 
sick.gif

But he's the best athlete in the draft...

And he was just waiting to get to the league before he started being good at basketball...
@DraftExpress Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.

Well that's pretty monumental.

What time does the draft start? Like the first pick?

I know the draft coverage starts at 7ET/4PT but I don't want to take off work early just to see an hour of ESPN BS.

Barf @ Budinger. No thanks. Good deal for the Rox.
Ya right, this deal just made Kahn Exec of the Year
Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for 
Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.<br></blockquote>Well that's pretty monumental.<br></blockquote><br><br> 
Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

But he's the best athlete in the draft...

And he was just waiting to get to the league before he started being good at basketball...
@DraftExpress 
Do it! Do it! Do it!

I just made up this proposal in the draft thread or finals thread like a day or two ago!!! 

So, we are expecting Barnes to just regress as a player and MKG to reach his full potential?

I feel better about MKG going forward as opposed to Barnes. Much better.

Minnesota needed somebody who could shoot the 3 from the wing, Chase can do that. not bad for the 18th pick.

So, we are expecting Barnes to just regress as a player and MKG to reach his full potential?
Regress, who said regress. He can't score efficiently in the college, he won't do it in the NBA. I'm simply saying he will stay the same.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by PMatic

nerd.gif

If I'm Sac, I pass on that trade.

Why?

Lowry is the better player and they can bolster their depth.  There will be some VERY good talent available at the 14/16 spots. 

Originally Posted by MMG

Just came into type this....

Keith Van Horn was...
Remember him? 
laugh.gif

I really respect what Morey is doing.. you cant live in mediocrity forever. Making moves will either sink them or lift them, either way is better than where they are. 

If the Lakers get the #3 pick regardless of Blatche....

33fgj7k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom