Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Andrew630

He had a decent season statwise, but he brought something else other than just better numbers than his previous seasons. The team rallied behind him and that's that.

I don't believe any other QB would have brought us to the Super Bowl, except for the elites.
He had probably the best defense in the league last year. He did enough not to F up. Red zone offense was suspect all year and 1/11 in 3rd downs killed us against the Giants. Put Orton or Flacco, we would've been a Super Bowl team. 

He had a decent season statwise, but he brought something else other than just better numbers than his previous seasons. The team rallied behind him and that's that.

I don't believe any other QB would have brought us to the Super Bowl, except for the elites.
He had probably the best defense in the league last year. He did enough not to F up. Red zone offense was suspect all year and 1/11 in 3rd downs killed us against the Giants. Put Orton or Flacco, we would've been a Super Bowl team. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

The RZ numbers were not Smith's fault. Being a horrible RZ offense was because of the playcalling. Believe it or not but Alex in years past has been one of the best QBs in the league in the RZ. The link was posted up a few pages back.

The RZ numbers were not Smith's fault. Being a horrible RZ offense was because of the playcalling. Believe it or not but Alex in years past has been one of the best QBs in the league in the RZ. The link was posted up a few pages back.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Yes he has but unfortunately not last year. Playcalling? Just blame on it the QB. 

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Yes he has but unfortunately not last year. Playcalling? Just blame on it the QB. 

[table][tr][td]Quote:[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pamphilon passed on the audio to Michael Silver of Yahoo Sports because, he said, he was extremely uncomfortable with what Williams said about trying to hurt 49ers quarterback Alex Smith and other players. Williams, who masterminded the Saints’ bounty program, hinted that he would financially reward a Saints player who hurts a 49ers player. 

“At one point Williams says, ‘We hit [expletive] Smith right there’ – then he points under his chin [and continues] – ‘remember me.’ Then he rubs his thumb against his index and middle fingers – the cash sign – and says, ‘I got the first one. I got the first one. Go get it. Go lay that [expletive] out,’[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Quote:[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pamphilon passed on the audio to Michael Silver of Yahoo Sports because, he said, he was extremely uncomfortable with what Williams said about trying to hurt 49ers quarterback Alex Smith and other players. Williams, who masterminded the Saints’ bounty program, hinted that he would financially reward a Saints player who hurts a 49ers player. 

“At one point Williams says, ‘We hit [expletive] Smith right there’ – then he points under his chin [and continues] – ‘remember me.’ Then he rubs his thumb against his index and middle fingers – the cash sign – and says, ‘I got the first one. I got the first one. Go get it. Go lay that [expletive] out,’[/td][/tr][/table]

alex isnt good. but you cant ignore the horrible playcalling and bad receivers. yall just complain to just to hear your keyboard make noise.

and you keep saying a better qb. whos better than alex and available?

alex isnt good. but you cant ignore the horrible playcalling and bad receivers. yall just complain to just to hear your keyboard make noise.

and you keep saying a better qb. whos better than alex and available?

hes right about crabtree tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by milbert

i'm already hyped for that saints game. i can't imagine how our defense feels.

Talbert

i'd expect that game to be a prime time game.

i'd love to see hits similar to the one laid on pierre thomas in the playoff game on other saints players in this game.

Originally Posted by milbert

i'm already hyped for that saints game. i can't imagine how our defense feels.

Talbert

i'd expect that game to be a prime time game.

i'd love to see hits similar to the one laid on pierre thomas in the playoff game on other saints players in this game.

Back
Top Bottom