Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

I would have preferred to see Justin Smith instead of Alex.

I would have preferred:

Patrick Willis
Vernon Davis
Frank Gore
Michael Crabtree
Randy Moss
Mario Manningham
David Akers
Andy Lee
Ted Ginn
Kendall Hunter
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
Navorro Bowman
Carlos Rogers
Dashon Goldson
Donte Whitner
Colin Kaepernick
Anthony Davis
Ahmad Brooks
Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Isaac Sopoaga
and maybe Chris Culliver

Other than those guys, Alex should have been the pick.

^What a statement... Have an open mind, Alex Smith gave us a good season last year. Give him a little bit of credit.

Maybe Alex wasn't even Nike's first choice, the other guys might have been busy. Annndddd, half of those guys probably aren't even Nike guys.

^What a statement... Have an open mind, Alex Smith gave us a good season last year. Give him a little bit of credit.

Maybe Alex wasn't even Nike's first choice, the other guys might have been busy. Annndddd, half of those guys probably aren't even Nike guys.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

I have an open mind.  I just have a different definition of a "good season" than you do I guess.

I have an open mind.  I just have a different definition of a "good season" than you do I guess.

Originally Posted by dland24

So you think every team had a bad season except for the Giants?
Huh? 
Well if the 49ers didn't have a good season, the only team that had a better season would be the Giants (I think they won the Super Bowl...)

Huh? 
Well if the 49ers didn't have a good season, the only team that had a better season would be the Giants (I think they won the Super Bowl...)

Huh? 
Who said the Niners didn't have a good season? I think he is talking about Alex Smith, not the Niners.
laugh.gif

Huh? 
Who said the Niners didn't have a good season? I think he is talking about Alex Smith, not the Niners.
laugh.gif

Meh, I think he had a decent season. Definitely wouldn't be where we were without him.
A few minutes ago he had a good season, and now he had a decent one?
laugh.gif

You can say we wouldnt have been where we were without him....but you can just as easily make the case that we would have gone further with a better QB. 

I just hope he makes significant strides in 2012.  Im tired of being held back by the most important position on the field.

Meh, I think he had a decent season. Definitely wouldn't be where we were without him.
A few minutes ago he had a good season, and now he had a decent one?
laugh.gif

You can say we wouldnt have been where we were without him....but you can just as easily make the case that we would have gone further with a better QB. 

I just hope he makes significant strides in 2012.  Im tired of being held back by the most important position on the field.

He had a decent season statwise, but he brought something else other than just better numbers than his previous seasons. The team rallied behind him and that's that.

I don't believe any other QB would have brought us to the Super Bowl, except for the elites.

He had a decent season statwise, but he brought something else other than just better numbers than his previous seasons. The team rallied behind him and that's that.

I don't believe any other QB would have brought us to the Super Bowl, except for the elites.

Back
Top Bottom