Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by What up

That differs for everyone. I'm really happy for Smith and 49ers fans but I won't suddenly forget all the years of disappointment we all have had with him. Even in last week's game, on 3rd and 10 he was throwing for 7 yards. That's just who he is, I guess. To me that's incredibly frustrating.

I don't recall the specific play, but I guess that doesn't matter so much since they were pretty bad on 3rd down all day.  However, the issue you should have w/ him is, does he latch on to that ONE receive 4-5 yards short? Or is that his 2nd or 3rd read.  Basically, is he missing anyone down the field for the first down?   Sure it's hard to tell, but if he's taking the snap and firing it off shortly thereafter one would assume he has his mind made up as to where he'll go with the ball.

Personally, some of the play calling is to blame too.  There have been some pretty terrible 3rd down plays throughout the year.

Co-sign on the play calling.  I have a hard time believing though that receivers are told to run routes that won't net them a first down.  Smith gets skittish, throws short (likely the most open of the receivers) and its 4th down and time to punt.  
Alex Smith needs to drive this team down the field more often.  He did that on the last 2 drives but I need to see it more.  Not only in absolute dire times of the football game.

I don't disagree with you. Watch, the next chapter of the Alex Smith saga will be that of new frustration because of what he did against NO. The consistency needs to come, but then again, this is the same guy who fires a bullet to Vernon and throws the same type of pass to WR on a 5 yard slant or screen pass.

I don't disagree with you. Watch, the next chapter of the Alex Smith saga will be that of new frustration because of what he did against NO. The consistency needs to come, but then again, this is the same guy who fires a bullet to Vernon and throws the same type of pass to WR on a 5 yard slant or screen pass.

Originally Posted by ERWIZZLE415

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

You know what doesn't get publicized enough about this team? The chemistry they have is CRAZY. My Raiders have a decent chemistry between the WR's, the O-Line and the RB's...but the entire team of the Niners has a GREAT ora about them..they are all absolutely on the same page. Have been pretty much most of the season pretty much since the Philly game.
Given the fact that most of the guys have been playin with each other for a number of years, you can just tell they have each others back. It's crazy, I don't think I've seen a team this close knit before..none that come to mind at least..

On another note, when the hell did Niner Nation start? Nothin against the Niners Squad...but the fans super swagga jackin our #*$$
laugh.gif
I use to get salty seein "Steeler Nation"...but now Niner Nation?? 
sick.gif
eyes.gif

Good luck though. No hate here.

It's niner  empire faithful. 
Fixed*

You know what doesn't get publicized enough about this team? The chemistry they have is CRAZY. My Raiders have a decent chemistry between the WR's, the O-Line and the RB's...but the entire team of the Niners has a GREAT ora about them..they are all absolutely on the same page. Have been pretty much most of the season pretty much since the Philly game.
Given the fact that most of the guys have been playin with each other for a number of years, you can just tell they have each others back. It's crazy, I don't think I've seen a team this close knit before..none that come to mind at least..

On another note, when the hell did Niner Nation start? Nothin against the Niners Squad...but the fans super swagga jackin our #*$$
laugh.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif

Fixed*

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif

Fixed*
I've always seen the term Niner Nation thrown around because I frequent the website ninersnation.com. So whatever.
You are right about the faith the team has for each other. The chemistry is indeed amazing.

It's aura.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif

Fixed*
I've always seen the term Niner Nation thrown around because I frequent the website ninersnation.com. So whatever.
You are right about the faith the team has for each other. The chemistry is indeed amazing.

It's aura.

Its gameday!

Lets get it fellas, after all those years of @$@%%#%##!% its time.

One game away.

Its gameday!

Lets get it fellas, after all those years of @$@%%#%##!% its time.

One game away.

Cant believe the niners are back in the NFC Championship..........This has been a dream season for me.

I havent felt this good about the niners since the mid to late 90`S teams we had. (I still HATE warran sapp for pretty much ending Steve Youngs career)

For some reason, when we drafted Tai Streets from Michigan, i thought we would be the best team in the league (of course his injuries kept him from doing much)

Outside of the offense, this team reminds me of my all time favorite defensive team

Norton + plummer = Willis + bowman.

Stubblefield + young = Aldon + justin

Tim Mcdonald + Merton Hanks = Goldson + whitner

Only cornerback i can remember is prime time and tyrone drakeford..........I remember Toi Cook too, but i think he was a safety or nickel corner...........and our CB`s now dont even compare tot he cb`s we had at that time.

offense.

Frank Gore > Rickey Watters
Vernon Davis > Brent Jones

Oh yea...........David Akers > Doug Brian........LMFAO!!!!!!!

Besides offense and Cornerbacks, this defense might be on par or even better than the 94-95 team i remember watching about 18 years ago (damn, im old!!!!!!!! lol)

My second favorite sports team (My first being the Baseball Cardinals of course) IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant believe the niners are back in the NFC Championship..........This has been a dream season for me.

I havent felt this good about the niners since the mid to late 90`S teams we had. (I still HATE warran sapp for pretty much ending Steve Youngs career)

For some reason, when we drafted Tai Streets from Michigan, i thought we would be the best team in the league (of course his injuries kept him from doing much)

Outside of the offense, this team reminds me of my all time favorite defensive team

Norton + plummer = Willis + bowman.

Stubblefield + young = Aldon + justin

Tim Mcdonald + Merton Hanks = Goldson + whitner

Only cornerback i can remember is prime time and tyrone drakeford..........I remember Toi Cook too, but i think he was a safety or nickel corner...........and our CB`s now dont even compare tot he cb`s we had at that time.

offense.

Frank Gore > Rickey Watters
Vernon Davis > Brent Jones

Oh yea...........David Akers > Doug Brian........LMFAO!!!!!!!

Besides offense and Cornerbacks, this defense might be on par or even better than the 94-95 team i remember watching about 18 years ago (damn, im old!!!!!!!! lol)

My second favorite sports team (My first being the Baseball Cardinals of course) IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom