Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Welcome to the 5th annual San Francisco Giants Season Thread!
29fbfcg.gif

Pitchers and catchers do report on the 18th and it's officially time to start thinking about baseball. Spring Training will be interesting to watch with some question marks around the players.

• Is Posey 100% healthy and can he mentally put past the injury behind him?

• How long until Freddy Sanchez gets hurt again? I'm kidding, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

• Is Brian Wilson's arm back to 100%? After missing a chunk of games, which even led to him being shut down.

• Will Aubrey Huff respond with a strong 2012 after having an embarrassing 2011? Can Brandon Belt finally earn a full-time gig.

• Do the additions of Melky Cabrera and Angel Pagan make this team better?
Any news, rumors and stories are welcome in the thread and let's enjoy the season.

Let's go Giants!

Last edited:
I'm always open to recommendations and ideas to improve the thread, so as the thread starter let me know.

Anybody planning on going to Spring Training? If any of you guys have gone, any tips? I plan on going the second weekend in March.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ Don't you have a losing record? Please, for the sake of the team... don't.

2-0 last year
laugh.gif
I feel like I was like 10 games under .500 last year when attending games, including the 2-0 when I was in Arizona.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Anybody planning on going to Spring Training? If any of you guys have gone, any tips? I plan on going the second weekend in March.
Never been before?  Shocked.  Autographs galore.  Its where I have gotten the majority of my baseball autographs.  Honestly, there are no tips.  Players sign ALL THE TIME.  You just have to be lucky and be in the spot on of the field where they stop and sign.  And they sign for a longer period of time than you would see at a regular season game, so even if you see a player you want stop and sign, you have time to run over and try to get them.  Sometimes you can get them on their way out of the stadium while walking to their cars too. 

Just get to the stadiums early.  Have a great time bro.  Not sure if I am heading out this year, but Im gonna try. 

First off, I'd like to thank Red for taking care of the season thread again. Last year it was updated 90% of the time with the game day info which was nice.

I don't really have any suggestions on how to improve it, I think it's set up pretty well.

Welcome back bros, been rocking my Giants cap strong all year. Was excited to throw the lid on yesterday on my way to work.

Interesting tidbit from Baggs, Timmy took the corner locker from Zito who claimed it was time to move on since he was "feeling trapped".

There's an outside chance I get to Spring Training late this year, i.e. a Friday - Sunday trip....depends if I can wrap up some of my bigger client work early March.

Some notes on the Giants,
  • Posey has caught both Lincecum and Cain with no problems out of the crotch.
  • Zito is more crouched out of the stretch to generate more momentum.
  • Lincecum was already in Arizona a week and a half before pitchers and catchers reported and threw to Posey.
Originally Posted by LazyJ10

First off, I'd like to thank Red for taking care of the season thread again. Last year it was updated 90% of the time with the game day info which was nice.

I don't really have any suggestions on how to improve it, I think it's set up pretty well.
Thanks, man.
29fbfcg.gif

I don't think I'd have enough curse words in my vocabulary to use if Renteria found his way back to the Giants.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I don't think I'd have enough curse words in my vocabulary to use if Renteria found his way back to the Giants.
Agreed. I couldn't believe the Giants even thought of the idea bringing him back. Stick with Crawford and let him develop. It's his time.

Has anyone bought tickets for any games this season? I bought tickets first row on top of the arcade next to the RF foul pole.
pimp.gif
First time sitting there...Also, the game is Orange Friday Night...That means, free texting gloves.
laugh.gif

So far I've bought tickets to see,
  • May 1st vs. Marlins
  • May 5th vs. Brewers
  • June 30th vs. Reds
  • July 15th vs. Astros
There's more that I plan to go to and I'm trying to buy everything as early as possible to avoid prices as they tend to inflate.

Back
Top Bottom