Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Soriano is horrible.
laugh.gif

F Soriano.  Messed up my under on friday.
30t6p3b.gif

Offense needs to obviously pick it up. I hope Panda doesn't go back to his 2010 form when he comes back, with that investigation going on. He didn't perform well with a lot on his plate.

Offense needs to obviously pick it up. I hope Panda doesn't go back to his 2010 form when he comes back, with that investigation going on. He didn't perform well with a lot on his plate.

My thoughts exactly. As great as their pitching was this series, it was against one of the worst clubs this season right now. 1st run of the game off a bases loaded walk yesterday? Felt like pulling out my hair cuz none of the balls were being hit past the infield.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Maybe the judge hands him a bat, ball, and glove and tells him to beat the case on the field

"Play for your freedom!"
I would totally be in favor of this
roll.gif

He hit a HR today. I think he'll be fine when he returns.
Read the article regarding the accusation on Pablo...The lady was too intoxicated to know what happened? Please, looks like she couldn't handle all the panda she asked for. 

Zito is looking good!

Giants are 2-9 when Lincecum starts, now 28-15 when anyone else starts. An 'average' Lincecum at 5-6 would give the Giants the best record in the league.
Let's hope Timmy gets back to form real soon.

Schierholtz rf, Theriot 2b, Cabrera lf, Posey c, Pagan cf, Belt 1b, Arias 3b, Crawford ss, Vogelsong p

Campana CF Castro SS DeJesus RF Soriano LF LaHair 1B Stewart 3B Barney 2B Clevenger C Samardzija P

Giants are 2-9 when Lincecum starts, now 28-15 when anyone else starts. An 'average' Lincecum at 5-6 would give the Giants the best record in the league.
Let's hope Timmy gets back to form real soon.
For sure. Its kind of like:

Giants are 11-17 when Brandon Belt starts at first, now 19-7 when anyone else starts.

Lets hope we get a real first baseman real soon.

[table][tr][th="col"]
8281.jpg
J. Samardzija CHC  [/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]
6571.jpg
R. Vogelsong SF  [/th] [/tr][tr][td]5-3
[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]3-2
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.09
[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.36
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]65
[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]46
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19
[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]26
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.19
[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.23[/td][/tr][/table]
Chicago Cubs Lineup
Campana, CF
Castro, SS
DeJesus, RF
Soriano, LF
LaHair, 1B
Stewart, 3B
Barney, 2B
Clevenger, C
Samardzija, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Schierholtz, RF
Theriot, 2B
Cabrera, LF
Posey, C
Pagan, CF
Belt, 1B
Arias, 3B
Crawford, SS
Vogelsong, RHP

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

So can we overtake LA for 1st this week?

We shall see. Giants never play well against the Padres and @ Petco Park.

Then they play the Rangers. Their 8th place hitter would bat 3rd or 4th for the Giants.

Better question is can they finally sweep a team?

The pitcher they got in the first round is pretty good. Kinda old and has some issues with the delivery/seconday pitches but a solid pick at that spot. Hard worker, a lot of progress this season. HS kid round 2 needs some work, looks like a reliever long term. Undersized righty, you already know what people are gonna say about that. Third rounder used to be a WR, now in RF. Fourth rounder looks like he could be in the majors before anyone, closer in the making.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Does anyone (Dland?) follow the MLB draft? If so, how are the Giants picks looking?
Im following it just because I have about 4 former players that could be drafted, as well as a bunch of local guys I have coached against.  Pro has summed up our picks nicely.  Looks like we are stocking up on arms.  4 of 5 players drafted have been pitchers.

Back
Top Bottom