Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
roach is worried his boy can't recover, they are trying to make Rios into goliath and Pac david lol

I say the fight goes all 12 rds. Little excitements here and there but i don't see a Ko by either guy.

I'm not ordering, dont think its PPV material.
TR probably counting on overseas orders.

It's just like when Floyd Sr called Pacquiao a F'n Fillipino ******. It wasn't racist because he didn't use a racial slur nor was it directed towards the entire race. When Floyd Mayweather said he's going to have Pacquiao make him a sushi roll and that he eats dogs, that should be considered racist.

We can agree to disagree. Roach shouldn't have called him a stupid Mexican though. Leave anything that can be deemed racist on the side...

It's just like when Floyd Sr called Pacquiao a F'n Fillipino ******. It wasn't racist because he didn't use a racial slur nor was it directed towards the entire race. When Floyd Mayweather said he's going to have Pacquiao make him a sushi roll and that he eats dogs, that should be considered racist.

We can agree to disagree. Roach shouldn't have called him a stupid Mexican though. Leave anything that can be deemed racist on the side...

I agree Roach shouldn't have brought race into it at all. Anyway I wasn't pumped at all for this fight, but now I am.

When did he say that? I heard "you Mexican MFer"

Anyways, Roach knew exactly what he was doing. He added the Mexican part to rustle jimmies. So yes it was a racist/prejudiced jab.

However, if Ariza had said you "Irish MFer," NT would not give 2 dambs and would not be crying racism.

I'll take Thurman over Karass. Karass should be competitive for the first half of the fight but I think the youth and skills of Thurman will wear him down.

Do you guys not remember this

Pre Margarito fight Rios mocking Freddie's disease.

The bad blood has been there and i bet Freddie never forgot this. He probably has plotted to get Rios in a fight for a while now. I think Garcia and Rios are trash people...same with Margarito and Ariza. I hope manny mops the floor with rios

I remember this. I hope Rios hits the canvas... and Roach replays this for him.

2 wrongs dont make a right but you should never make fun of someone with a disease, arizas old *** actin like a child, smh. dont think pacs gonna ko rios, but im predicting a stoppage late in the rds. pac/margartio ii here we go!

After working 5 late nights in a row.

This weekend is for me. Manny/Bam Bam. Manziel/Mettenberger. NFL Sunday.

I personally don't think "dumb mexican" is racist. In his opinion he is dumb....he is also mexican...so just seems like your run of the mill insult....could have been wayyyy worse. But making fun of roach's Parkinson's is basically making fun of every person in the world that suffers from that crippling disease and if you know anyone one with the ailment you know how hard just their day-to-day life is. I don't condone any of it but Roach was kicked by ariza to provoke the whole thing for no reason.

Still not excited about the fight :lol: ref will stop in around 8 or 9. Manny's hand speed will be too much. But the reason boxing fans love manny is because in his heart he is a fighter and likes putting on a show for the fans. So at least we know he will take risks at some point to try to land some big shots....which gives Rios a chance.

Crooks, how does he sound?

Last I heard Lacy, it wasn't too great.

To be honest, I have no clue nor do I have much interest in his return. I bought into Left Hook only to be disappointed. He took one of the worst one sided beatings when he went overseas to fight Calslappy.

I watched the videos from two different cameras and I didn't hear "dumb Mexican" or "stupid Mexican". Pretty sure I only heard "Mexican MFer".

"According to Nielsen, last Sat's Ward-Rodriguez fight on HBO drew 1.2M viewers, peaking at 1.3M. Considering HBO paid $3.15M that's poor."

:smh

freddie roach can do no wrong to ya lol

like ariza said, he hides behind his parkinsons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom