Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at the odds for this weekends fights and it's making me dizzy. :smh: You just know one or two of the fights is going to have some ******* with the judging.

Last edited:
Fill me in. I don't browse 5D anymore.

Every fight is 50/50. I'd hate to bet this card. I'll take a pic at Barclays for NT.

Boxing Fighting Money Line Total Points
Middleweight 12 rounds - Porsche Arena - Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Sat 12/7 201 Felix Sturm +100 o9½ -400
4:00PM 202 Darren Barker -120 u9½ +325
Welterweight 12 rounds - Barclays Center - Brooklyn, New York - Showtime
Sat 12/7 301 Paul Malignaggi +145 o9½ -700
11:00PM 302 Zab Judah -165 u9½ +500
Welterweight 12 rounds - Barclays Center - Brooklyn, New York - Showtime
Sat 12/7 501 Shawn Porter +460 o9½ -400
10:00PM 502 Devon Alexander -620 u9½ +325
Light Middleweight 12 rounds - Barclays Center - Brooklyn, New York - Showtime
Sat 12/7 701 Erislandy Lara +100 o9½ -460
9:00PM 702 Austin Trout -120 u9½ +365
Super Bantamweight 12 rounds - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, New Jersey - HBO
Sat 12/7 901 Joseph Agbeko +1100 o9½ -280
10:00PM 902 Guillermo Rigondeaux -1700 u9½ +240

I'd bet Paulie and Porter if I had to.

I think Paulie wins a close split decision.

More likely Dev decisions Porter, but my intuition screams upset alert. Maybe I'm baited by the line like Stevens.

Theyy're very close, but if I have to pick I'd go with Judah, Alexander, Lara all by decision. Rigondeaux wins by shut out that's almost a given... Don't have much thoughts on Sturm vs Barker. Porter line looks awfully tempting.

Last edited:
Paulie couldn't stop talking about a Broner rematch when we interviewed him last week. That's his dream matchup win or loss to Zab.

Ticket officially purchased for the card at Barclays on Saturday. 14 rows back.

War Trout, Alexander the Great, Ant, Super Judah.

Need restaurants and bars before or after the fights in Brooklyn.

If you don't feel like going far, Buffalo wild wings in the atlantic center is across the street.

There's also a Dinosaur BBQ, which is one of my favorite bbq places in the city. It's a bit of a walk from the Barclays center - 1 train stop south on the yellow (r train only) or a 10-15 min walk. Their food is definitely legit though and worth the effort, but there may be a line on a Sat night and idk if it'll be closed by the time the fight's over around 12, so it's probably only an option beforehand and you should try to get a reservation on opentable. The food at the Barclays center itself is pretty decent too.

That showtime card is looking good.
Hbo looks weak in comparison. Going to catch it on the replay instead.

Dan Rafael said that Pacquiao vs Rios did 500k buys that's kinda low IMO

Last edited:
Dan Rafael said that Pacquiao vs Rios did 500k buys that's kinda low IMO
I hope each one of Mayweather and Pacquiao's fights gets low buys until they fight each other.  Yes, I'm being a hater
laugh.gif

After watching Khan's interview on ESPN, I'm convinced they're working out some minor details and the fight is pretty much set.  Not gonna be buying that fight sparring session
mean.gif

Last edited:
500k? That's horrible. :x

That's the lowest of Manny's career right? Even Clottey got more buys than that.

I work with quite a few Filipinos and none of them seemed all that excited to see Manny fight again. A lot of them said he was done when he got knocked out.

I expected sub-1 million, but not that bad.

Last edited:

That's the lowest of Manny's career right? Even Clottey got more buys than that.

I work with quite a few Filipinos and none of them seemed all that excited to see Manny fight again. A lot of them said he was done when he got knocked out.

The Filipinos I talk to didnt even know the fight happened. :lol:

Dan Rafael actually said around 390,000-400,000 range.

It couldn't have done worse than his fight against Solis, right?

At any rate 500,000 is really bad for Manny. But, to me I don't really care because buy rates were just a means for jockeying position between the Pacquiao/Mayweather camps as to where the split should be. Seeing as how we'll never see that fight transpire its a moot point. Manny got a guaranteed $18 mil anyway so I don't think he's sweating it. Can't say the same for Old Man Bob.

The Filipinos I talk to didnt even know the fight happened. :lol:

It's weird man. The guy was praised as an idol, and as soon as he lost, it's like he lost all credibility too. I don't mean to speak for ALL Filipinos, but 500k for a Manny fight really may mean that times have changed.

Floyd Mayweather pulled twice that amount fighting Robert Guerrero.... That just doesn't seem right.

I know Showtime promoted the fight a lot more than HBO, and that CBS played a big factor in that, but I am just surprised.

Lol ain't no way in the world Amir Khan is going on 106th and Park for no reason. Everything is coming together for this fight. I am personally intrigued with this fight though :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom