Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not his fault his opponents don't want to throw punches for fear of getting dropped.
Exactly! Repped
I would give him the #2 p4p spot over Ward if he didn't go on a slight jog in the middle rounds of his bouts. Can't wait to see him fight again, whoever it might be.

There is no logical reason that Rigo would be over Ward in any kind of P4P list.

Look seven of Ward's last eight fights where he barely lost any rounds against top competition. He's dominated Miranda, Kessler, Green, Froch, Bika, Abraham, Dawson and E-Rod.

Rigo's beat an overrated prospect, Nontio and an old Agbeko.

They've both been extremely impressive but come on now :lol

Rigo needs more fights, no doubt, but I was speaking more to AEA's point that his competition gets gun-shy.

Ah I hear you.

For me, when it comes to p4p lists, ever since ESPN went to that BS voting system with all their writers going 1-10...I've been a little anal when it comes to those lists :lol

You can make the case that Rigondeaux is perhaps more skillful than Ward. As far as who is more accomplished, that's not debatable at all. :lol

They're talking Lomachenko already :lol

It's going to be hard for him though. From what people were writing/saying, Arum had to do a lot just to get him another fight after the Donaire fight. After this one? It's going to be damn near impossible for him to be the lead on a card. I think he's definitely going to Showtime regardless.

I totally forgot Jermaine is fighting tomorrow night as well. Don't think it's televised on the main Showtime card though. It might be on Showtime Extreme.

Bradley and Danny are higher simply because of their recent victories. Really tough fights they've won. Rigo beat Nonito yeah, but we've seen how one-dimensional Donaire can be.

They're talking Lomachenko already
laugh.gif

It's going to be hard for him though. From what people were writing/saying, Arum had to do a lot just to get him another fight after the Donaire fight. After this one? It's going to be damn near impossible for him to be the lead on a card. I think he's definitely going to Showtime regardless.

I totally forgot Jermaine is fighting tomorrow night as well. Don't think it's televised on the main Showtime card though. It might be on Showtime Extreme.
If Lomachenko gets past Salido. I get the extensive amateur background, but I think TR is making a mistake putting him in there with Salido in his 2ND FIGHT.

After Salido effectively ended Juan Ma's career, you'd think Arum would know that.

yup

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Brandon Rios failed his VADA post-fight drug test after the Pacquiao fight. #boxing

Several sources that I consider reputable are implying that Mayweather-Pacquiao is all set up. 8o

MANILA, Philippines – Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao is planning to meet Floyd Mayweather Jr. when he flies to the US for a family vacation late this month.

In an interview with Spin.ph’s Snow Badua, Pacquiao revealed that his visit to the Mayweather camp is included in his US itinerary.

The fighting congressman said he hopes to touch base with Mayweather first.

“Mag-uusap pa lang kami,” Pacquiao said in the interview. “Basta mag-uusap muna kami. Pagka nagkasundo, pag-uusapan na namin [‘yung fight].”

Mayweather earlier hinted that he is open to the possibility of facing his Filipino rival, even mentioning Pacquiao's name as a possible foe for his May 3 fight date.

"If it's Pacquiao, it's Pacquiao. If it's Amir Khan, it's Amir Khan,” Mayweather was quoted in Yahoo! Sports.

The unbeaten American, however, boasted that he will surely win against whoever he’ll be fighting.

“For 17 years they've been putting guys in front of me, and I've been beating them. Come May they'll put a guy in front of me, I'll go to training camp, work hard, and the results will be the same," he said.

Mayweather made the statement after the World Boxing Council made a surprising move in ranking Pacquiao as the number one contender in the welterweight division following his dominant win over Brandon Rios in Macau last November 24.

The WBC's decision was seen as an effort to pave the way for a showdown between Pacquiao and WBC welterweight title holder Mayweather.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12/12/13/pacquiao-plans-meet-mayweather-us

Mayweather said he's supposed to announce his opponent this week, which he may announce during the Broner fight, so we'll see what happens 8o...

Anyone else really bothered by this Golden Boy/Showtime vs. Top Rank/HBO beef?  Feels like I'm watching Smackdown vs. Raw or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom