Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ol ginger" probably feels like he can make demands now because he just sold 40000 seats... lol. Let's not pretend people were there to see Trout.

I read the opposite about Sept 14th. JMM/Bradley is scheduled that day but if Mayweather wants it they will reschedule and won't go head to head again.

Line them all up one weekend after the other. Who cares whether or not it falls on Mexican Independence day?

Canelo vs Cotto
Marquez vs Bradley
mayweather vs ______

"Ol ginger" probably feels like he can make demands now because he just sold 40000 seats... lol. Let's not pretend people were there to see Trout.

I read the opposite about Sept 14th. JMM/Bradley is scheduled that day but if Mayweather wants it they will reschedule and won't go head to head again.
Lets face it; he's got some pull now, us mexicans are really prideful for our sports; says a lot for Canelo and boxing. Mexicans love their boxing and soccer, we sell out huge stadiums here playing the worst nations in soccer lol

Arum came out and said as much. If PBF wants the 14th, they'll move the fight. They don't want another clash like last year. Especially when Bob knows he'll be lucky to break 500K with this fight without going up against Floyd. Especially if he does fight Canelo.

Manny is getting Rios or Alvarado. I imagine it's going to come down to who gives Manny the favorable catchweight.

Last edited:
Line them all up one weekend after the other. Who cares whether or not it falls on Mexican Independence day?

Canelo vs Cotto
Marquez vs Bradley
mayweather vs ______
you want to pay over 120 bucks for 2 PPV cards? i cant stand stuff like this weekend with boxing on both networks. hell its 2 boxing cards this weekend and a major UFC card
mean.gif

Arum said Bradley VS JMM only moves off that date if floyd fights that date. he didnt say anything about moving it if it was canelo VS someone else

Canelo vs Cotto

Marquez vs Bradley

mayweather vs ______

you want to pay over 120 bucks for 2 PPV cards? i cant stand stuff like this weekend with boxing on both networks. hell its 2 boxing cards this weekend and a major UFC card:smh:

Arum said Bradley VS JMM only moves off that date if floyd fights that date. he didnt say anything about moving it if it was canelo VS someone else

I said if they fall one weekend after another for an action packed month. Who cares if it's $120 in one month. All of these fights are bound to happen so you'll end up paying for them at some point.

Arum came out and said as much. If PBF wants the 14th, they'll move the fight. They don't want another clash like last year. Especially when Bob knows he'll be lucky to break 500K with this fight without going up against Floyd. Especially if he does fight Canelo.

Manny is getting Rios or Alvarado. I imagine it's going to come down to who gives Manny the favorable catchweight.
catchweight for a 147 fight? both guys would be moving up from 140 so dont see a problem even if it was a catchweight

freak i thought you ment all those fights the same weekend, which would mean 60 on each PPV card my bad

Last edited:
Yeah my point was that they're just fighting over the Mexican Independence weekend. It doesn't really matter IMO, the names will sell itself no matter what time of the year it is.

Pacquiao, instead, will return in October or November to fight in Macau, China or Singapore. Arum said he will face either interim junior welterweight titlist Mike Alvarado or Brandon Rios, who have split a pair of slugfests. Arum said whoever gets the fight with Pacquiao would move to an undetermined catch weight of more than 140 pounds but less than 147 pounds.

I don't question the visits of the list just because I don't know many of the names in the list. View it as a way to learn a few things about classic boxing.

The sport wasnt invented 40 years ago.

I don't question the visits of the list just because I don't know many of the names in the list. View it as a way to learn a few things about classic boxing.

The sport wasnt invented 40 years ago.
What fighter that you never knew is the most interesting in your view?

What's your favourite write up?

Last edited:
Anybody watch the Judah/Garcia press conference on Ustream?

Zab was going crazy on Oscar De La Hoya

Last edited:
In what Oscar De La Hoya called a "team decision" between Golden Boy Promotions and Al Haymon, which Zab Judah called "insanity" and "insecurity" from Team Garcia, Judah and his team were essentially barred from entering the presser, as the idea was to separate them into their own times on the stage. When asked if Judah's team were involved in the decision, Oscar said no.

Judah says he waited from 11 am in the basement of the Barclays Center, noting that he and his team were not provided food or water
oscar said judah was unprofessional for leaving the press conference once he got feed up waiting. judah seen someone tweet out what oscar said so came back and said what he had to say.

this a week after golden boy flew trout to texas on southwest and canleo on a private plane and didnt let trout family in for the press conference

Bhop saved oscars life
laugh.gif

Funny how DLH & Hopkins are riding Garcia so tough...

Dudes were strictly Team Khan before that hook connected.

laugh.gif
They were in his damn corner during the intros!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom